This is difficult to write as the property is / will be fantastic, however it is no where near finished.
The plus points are the rooms, we had a 2 bed, 2nd floor apartment which was fantastic, the staff were very friendly and really tried their best for you. We were near the beach which was a real plus.
However the place was basicly a building site. There was a dirt track, which they called a road for us to use to drive to our room. It was so bad that the first hire car we had could not cope with it and we had to change it for a 4x4. They only had one restaurant open, even though on the website it said they had two. They closed the Spa for 3 days during our stay, no notice or warning given. There was no Water Taxi available and the Speed boat had been out of action for weeks, with no sign of being repaired.
Numerous items were not available, which in the end became irritating.
However in the end, just the general noise level became a real pain. There is major construction work going on and it is all around the property. The beach is lovely and was the only place you could escape the noise, until they sent a JCB over to start extension work on the harbour wall.
The management admitted that construction was taking priority, which was honest but did not really help us.
I would consider going back, but it will be quite a while before they finish the building work and therefore you must expect a level of disruption. We are fairly used to construction work, having stayed in Dubai several times, but this was just too much.
Overall it is a great location, the rooms are excellent and it will very good, but it just is not ready.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Landings is St. Lucia's premiere beach resort featuring one, two and three-bedroom all suite villas. Accomodations include full kitches, state-of-the-art amenities, private terraces and personal plunge pools. The resort offers, beachfront dining, a full array of water activities, 80-slip yacht harbor and Soleil Spa. Free Internet Beach Largest Suites north of St. Lucia ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Regatta Hotels, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your The Landings St. Lucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Landings St. Lucia, a Rock Hotel Castries
- The Landings St. Lucia Gros Islet