I was celebrating my 70th birthday. My 22 year old granddaughter had just graduated college. My daughter treated us to a vacation of my choice. I had been on other trips to islands in the Caribbean but chose St. Lucia for this trip. We had a two bedroom suite on the beach with a hot tub. Suite 203 was gorgeous with more than enough room for us and the housekeeping staff was better than any 5 star hotel in the US. We got all inclusive for 3 nights and the breakfast package for the rest of our stay. Breakfast was buffet with any egg combination made to order, fresh fruit, very strong coffee and a wonderful wait staff including our favorites AnnaRose and Alicia - always smiling and very helpful. While there we did the underwater "sea trek" with our guides "dragon fish" and " coco puffs". I was afraid at first and "coco puffs" took my hand and personally helped me so that I enjoyed it. We were a little disappointed because the fish were not as colorful as on other snorkeling adventures in the Caribbean but it was an adventure. All non motorized sports at the landing are free on the Landings property so we tried kayaking and rode horses into the sea and windsurfed with the help of one of the staff.
A paid excursion that I would recommend is ziplining in the rainforest. It was thrilling riding wires high above the treetops. Another paid excursion was a sunset sailboat ride with music and hors d'oeuvres with a friendly group of people. I'd like to thank Jesse Mitchel for coordinating our adventures and our spa treatments. Because it was my birthday Jesse and his staff sent me a bottle of wine and two plates of the best chocolate I've ever had. I wasn't expecting anything and still smile when I think about that chocolate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Landings is St. Lucia's premiere beach resort featuring one, two and three-bedroom all suite villas. Accomodations include full kitches, state-of-the-art amenities, private terraces and personal plunge pools. The resort offers, beachfront dining, a full array of water activities, 80-slip yacht harbor and Soleil Spa. Free Internet Beach Largest Suites north of St. Lucia ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Regatta Hotels, Travelocity, Splendia, Tingo, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Landings St. Lucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Landings St. Lucia, a Rock Hotel Castries
- The Landings St. Lucia Gros Islet