We stayed a recent long weekend in St Lucia and originally had booked at an all-inclusive resort in Castries. It was horrible and we actually decided to leave after 1 night. We looked on Tripadvisor for anything else close to us, that may have some availability and found the Landings. We took a taxi that night over to visit and the front desk staff showed us a two bedroom villa on the inlet that was available; the unit was excellent. We booked it immediately. The room was great; two well furnished bedrooms (1 king, 1 with twins) each with private bath. Huge patios front and back and the back patio has a 6 person table and a hottub (which never did work properly and always stayed too cold). A great kitchen with updated stainless appliances and free WiFi. Why would you stay in the room though!! First, the beach area is beautiful. The pool areas are small but also lovely. Wonderful for families and couples alike; and that is usually very rare. Everyone fits in here. There is a boat that stops by every day to sell fruit (looks like some Cuban refugees are cruising in) and it is a pretty big ripoff. Second, the Beach Club, which is on the property and directly on the beach did not get very good reviews on Tripadvisor but we ate here every day. The food is ok and the service is as well, but it is a great beachside deck with an amazing view; what more can you want when in the Caribbean. Good spot for breakfast. The raisin danish were much better than the chocolate. Third, there is an ample selection of watersports to choose from, and although the local staff is a little pushy, the resort staff keeps a good handle on it. If you want to take a trip off the resort, there are plenty of options to choose from. The prices are steep, but all prices on the island are. We took a daytrip to hike the Gros Piton and it was great. We have so many wonderful pictures from our trip we would not know where to start posting. Hopefully, we will have a chance to return someday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Landings is St. Lucia's premiere beach resort featuring one, two and three-bedroom all suite villas. Accomodations include full kitches, state-of-the-art amenities, private terraces and personal plunge pools. The resort offers, beachfront dining, a full array of water activities, 80-slip yacht harbor and Soleil Spa. Free Internet Beach Largest Suites north of St. Lucia ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Regatta Hotels, Splendia, BookIt.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Landings St. Lucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Landings St. Lucia, a Rock Hotel Castries
- The Landings St. Lucia Gros Islet