My husband, 6 year old son, mother and aunt stayed at the Landings St Lucia. We got a great deal on a great 2 bedroom suite with washer/dryer and full kitchen. We had a harbour view. The grounds are spectacular. We also got breakfast included.
Highlights - great surroundings, the beach is perfect, you can snorkel right off the shore, great for kids and for people learning to snorkel. The water is calm and clear. You sometimes see topless sunbathers, I guess europeans :-) We saw some horses just having a frolicking time in the nearby beach. Beautiful sunsets. Well placed beach club restaurant. Great cleaning staff, they were friendly. Pool was never crowded. Kayaks are complimentary , just sign up for them and its alot of fun. Pigeon island is 2 mins away. It's fun to hike to the top, the view is amazing and the beach below has interesting snorkeling. Mall, restaurants, bars and groceries are all 10 mins drive away.
Not so great- the menu at the beach club for breakfast was the same every day, so that became a bit tired after a few days. The service at the beach club restaurant was ok. The restaurant was quite pricey.
There were lots of frog noises at night but its just the caribbean, no worries, lots of crabs on the beach at night. My son loved looking for seashells on the beach.
We often bought groceries and cooked so we had a great time overall at the resort.
The downside to this was the island of St Lucia itself. The people cant give directions, nor is there any signage on the roads so if you rent a vehicle good luck getting around without getting lost a few times. A local even commented on this and said St Lucia tries to get the tourists to take taxis so they can make more money off them rather than have clear signs everywhere. We went to the sulphur springs, very stinky, the drive there is horrible. With so many other caribbean options, I would choose another island for sure
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Landings is St. Lucia's premiere beach resort featuring one, two and three-bedroom all suite villas. Accomodations include full kitches, state-of-the-art amenities, private terraces and personal plunge pools. The resort offers, beachfront dining, a full array of water activities, 80-slip yacht harbor and Soleil Spa. Free Internet Beach Largest Suites north of St. Lucia ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, BookIt.com, Amex, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Landings St. Lucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Landings St. Lucia, a Rock Hotel Castries
- The Landings St. Lucia Gros Islet