“Best Place on the Island” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Landings St. Lucia

Save Saved
You added The Landings St. Lucia to your Saves list
The Landings St. Lucia
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Pigeon Island Causeway | Cap Estate, Gros Islet CP5984, St. Lucia   |
Offers & Announcements
Stay Longer - Free Night!
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Gros Islet
Sandy, Utah, United States
“Best Place on the Island”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband, 6 year old son, mother and aunt stayed at the Landings St Lucia. We got a great deal on a great 2 bedroom suite with washer/dryer and full kitchen. We had a harbour view. The grounds are spectacular. We also got breakfast included.

Highlights - great surroundings, the beach is perfect, you can snorkel right off the shore, great for kids and for people learning to snorkel. The water is calm and clear. You sometimes see topless sunbathers, I guess europeans :-) We saw some horses just having a frolicking time in the nearby beach. Beautiful sunsets. Well placed beach club restaurant. Great cleaning staff, they were friendly. Pool was never crowded. Kayaks are complimentary , just sign up for them and its alot of fun. Pigeon island is 2 mins away. It's fun to hike to the top, the view is amazing and the beach below has interesting snorkeling. Mall, restaurants, bars and groceries are all 10 mins drive away.

Not so great- the menu at the beach club for breakfast was the same every day, so that became a bit tired after a few days. The service at the beach club restaurant was ok. The restaurant was quite pricey.

There were lots of frog noises at night but its just the caribbean, no worries, lots of crabs on the beach at night. My son loved looking for seashells on the beach.

We often bought groceries and cooked so we had a great time overall at the resort.

The downside to this was the island of St Lucia itself. The people cant give directions, nor is there any signage on the roads so if you rent a vehicle good luck getting around without getting lost a few times. A local even commented on this and said St Lucia tries to get the tourists to take taxis so they can make more money off them rather than have clear signs everywhere. We went to the sulphur springs, very stinky, the drive there is horrible. With so many other caribbean options, I would choose another island for sure

Room Tip: choose one close to the beach/pool and restaurant especially if traveling with the elderly.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Lyle P, General Manager at The Landings St. Lucia, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
We are pleased with your review heading - thank you. Your comments are great and appreciated. We especially regard the reviews of senior contributors as yourself. Sorry that you didn't find our lovely island as a place you would return. Yes, there are many Caribbean options and we value that you chose us for a try. Maybe you will return another day; we hope so. Best regards from all of us at The Landings.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Georgetown, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We only stayed at this gorgeous hotel one night but we thoroughly enjoyed it. We were upgraded to a 2 room suite with a plunge pool. Check-in was smooth, the front desk clerks were very nice. We ate lunch in the restaurant and the food was delicious. We got the chance to go jet skiing and had a blast. The rooms were very quiet. The only thing I was unsure about was the fact that there was no door to the room, only a glass storm door. We got use to it though. This is definitely some place we'd stay if we come back to St. Lucia. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
THANK YOU FOR YOUR REVIEW. We too think that the Landings is "beautiful". We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Naples, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

As a travel agent, I am very critical of hotels and the amenities. I have to say that I had some reservations at first, but was completely blown away compared to other caribbean condo style resorts .We had a fantastic four night stay at the Landings! We were orig. staying for three and extended. The beach, the views and the sunset were idyllic. The front desk staff was fantastic prior to arrival as was almost all staff during our stay. The beach staff kep the beach well groomed so we could enjoy using the free rafts and picture perfect sunsets. It was fairly slow and the beach attendant offered to take us sailing or for a little motor boat ride on the shuttle if we liked. The chef made several off the menu special dishes at the beach restaurant. Fantastic. Jamar is really really talented. At the indoor restaurant, we experienced very slow service and our meals weren't as described on the menu- if I had to search for a complaint this was it. If you're looking for variety, the large residential units are absolutely lovely, we had two huge balconies, one with a hot tub and a fully stocked kitchen. I'd recommend this hotel for families, and those who prefer boutiques. We spent a day at the Sandals next door and were very very happy to come home to our luxury home. Next door there is a public beach and there are plenty of people and their dogs enjoying the sun. A few vendors politely asked if we were interested in their crafts, when we declined they left immediately. Such is the politeness of the entire island. While I do like the Soufrieer area better (closer to activites) I'd say this hotel is on par with the Viceroy Sugar beach, Anse Chastenet and Ladera in terms of service, food and overall experience. The rooms /condos themselves are huge in comparison so big + for the landings. We felt a little isolated, but Rodney bay was only about 1 5 minutes away and we did stock our kitchen from the supermarket. We like having a lot of dining options usually, but eating nightly at the beach bar with the lovely views and amazing food caused us to eat there nightly! We met a few people who were staying for 4-5 weeks at a time and return often. This little peaceful slice of heaven was perfect for our getaway and worth returning to in the future.

Room Tip: It's all about the views, beach front suites are limited but well worth the upgrade. Req a high...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Lyle P, General Manager at The Landings St. Lucia, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Thank you. We appreciate your review and completely agree. Thank you especially for your comments about our front desk and Beach Club associates. we agree that they are wonderful, probably among the best in the Caribbean. Thank you for mentioning Jamarl. He is a real gift. Thanks again for your review. we appreciate that you are helping us tell the world about us. Please come back soon.
Kent, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Let's start with the check out first. We were on the all-inclusive program. When I checked out, the bill I was presented with said things like "AI Breakfast" and an amount. The charges came to over $600 and they should have been $80 to cover the excess gratuities I added throughout our stay..

It is a bit unnerving to be told that we just need to sign the charges to our room and they will come off. The all inclusive program was a good value for our family of 4 - including our two 20 something sons. In 3 days, we got our money's worth but found it frustrating to worry if the $250 dinners were going to go away.

On the first night, we asked Tim if there were any restrictions on the all-inclusive program (we weren't told anything other than to sign by the front desk). He told us that the lobster, premium liquors (not named) and wine by the bottle were not included. No problem. We worked around these rules. The meals at the Beach Bar were very good. The Palms restaurant - not so much. The Long Island Iced Tea my son had from the lobby bar was the worst drink he had ever had and he mentioned he had tasted some pretty bad stuff in college. To us, it wasn't worth the fuss to go to the fancy place.

Tim was our server a number of times. He seemed to genuinely care about his guests. If I owned The Landings, I would worry about losing him to another place. He can choose any place and I would follow him to that restaurant. A couple others seemed to give a rip and others warmed up by day 3.

For those of you wondering about the expensive taxi ride - do it once and you will understand why it is so much. That is a long ride. We rented a car and had a couple of challenges including coming around a corner to a stalled dump truck with tires screeching by those going the other way on a road that is really much narrower than a two lane mountain road in the US. As for driving on the left, I didn't have a problem with it although my wife did mention that I was close to the shoulder line (and the cliffs) a few times.

We had a harbor front two bedroom unit. The appliances are high end - Miele oven, Liebherr refrigerator, etc. Lots of space in the main room. Shower leaked in the master bath - water over to the toilet. A towel between them slowed the flow. Water pressure was pretty weak - pressurized shower heads would have helped.

We felt our room was very clean. We only saw the housekeeping staff once briefly. The walk from our room to reception/Palms Restaurant is long and you would want to use the golf cart shuttles they offer to get around.

Would consider other places in St Lucia before returning to The Landings. It just wasn't firing on all cylinders. I would have preferred wrist bands or something else to continually worrying about the charges and then being presented with an overstated bill as I feared. Ultimately it was corrected. Others have mentioned a similar problem. My situation apparently wasn't unique.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is a pretty late review since we were there in May of this year. Better late than never, right! lol St.Lucia i a beautiful island that has its own charm.
The landings is a great resort, we were upgraded to the 2 bedroom suite which was huge for just us 2. Nice spacious and clean. The suite backs onto a gorgeous Marina, which we found to be a great change of view... something different. it also has a private plunge pool(awesome & heated)
The beach is beautiful and has a great view. They offer bar service on the beach as well.
The restaurant was great for breakfast and lunch we found there were too many mosquitos during dinner to enjoy our meal comfortably but it was no biggie because they delivered our meal to our suite.
Every Friday there is a street party at Gros Islet which was fun and a great expereince, recommended.
We were there during the Jazz festival so the island was abuzz with events and music!
The Jacksons we actually staying here. Surprised!!
We also did a private boat tour with Mike who you can find on the beach, he was very helpful in organizing a custom tour for us due to the accessibility issues we often face we havent been on many. He was great and took us right from the beach on his little boat (private and nice for couples) we went around to Marigot Bay, the bat caves, saw the pitons and had lunch at petite piton restaurant. Than we drove to the volcano and sulfer springs from there.
All in all we felt very safe and at ease. Resort was accessible, just had to cross a patch of grass to get to the beach but its cut very low so not too bad depending on your level of mobility.
Great resort, we would recommend it.

Room Tip: Cant really go wrong.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed at The Landings for 10 days in September. Nice property. The room was a condo apartment with all amenities. The cleaning was OK, but I think they need to pay attention to details a bit more..this is why I did not give it 5 stars. There are 2 restaurants and both were great, although the fancy one (the Palms) was not open every night. The staff was very friendly and professional. A special thank you to Trisha, Selma and Tim...wonderful wait staff who made us feel very comfortable and happy!!!

Room Tip: A washer dryer combo was in the room. You don't need to pack as much !!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I always use TripAdvisor's reviews when I book my hotels, but I never post reviews myself. However, I enjoyed my week-long stay (Sept. 2013) in St. Lucia and The Landings so much, that I felt obligated to share my experience.

My wife and I chose St. Lucia because we did not want to go to places that everyone goes (DR, Mexico, Bahamas, etc.). We also like the intrigue of having rainforest, and mountains in addition to just the beach. Admittedly, Costa Rica was our first choice, but September is their rainy season, so we honed in on St. Lucia.

Originally, we were looking at several resorts, but were not sold on them for various reasons: Sandals (too busy)...Ladera (expensive and not next to the beach)...and others just were not measuring up to our standards for honeymoon quality. Then, one day we saw an all-inclusive deal for The Landings on Living Social. I read the reviews on Trip Advisor and compared the price to other resorts. I even called the resort and asked a few questions before buying the Living Social.

Upon arrival, a gentleman offered us some rum punch drinks while we checked-in. They were good and strong. Good start. The check-in was smooth. The only glitch was when the girl told us that only breakfast was complimentary, but my wife corrected her that we had the Living Social all-inclusive. I had given my Living Social information to the resort months prior to my arrival, but I guess no one noted it on my reservation. So, I showed the girl my confirmation number and all was well.

Room.....We stayed in suite 713, and we were driven to our room on a golf cart. The gentleman helped us with our luggage and highlighted some things about the resort. I had told them ahead of time that it was our honeymoon, so there was a bottle of champagne waiting for us. Our suite was really nice, clean and well-appointed. The suite is 2br (one king bed, and two twins in the other), 2.5 bathrooms with great showers, and full kitchens, living rooms, patios, decks, and dining areas. Umbrellas were in a closet, but we didn't use them. The washer/dryer were really nice and they had laundry detergent free of use. This allowed us to pack light and wash our clothes throughout the week. The resort is very quiet, which was great for our honeymoon.

Food.......The food at the resort was good! They have two restaurants: Beach Club and The Palms. Since we had the all-inclusive we tried just about everything on the menu. I need them to give me the recipe for their banana bread and "bakes" they serve for breakfast ASAP! Lunch and dinner were also very good. The Palms is their "nicer" restaurant and it's only open on certain nights. The food there was really good. My wife's beef tenderloin was so good, that we both ordered it the second time we ate there. On Friday's the Beach Club has a Jazz happy hour, with a sax player and a different food menu, which was great. The drinks were very tasty (favorites were the Love Triangle and Halle Berry). But I don't think they put much liquor in them based on the quantity of drinks I drank and was still able to not be drunk. However, I never asked them to make them stronger, since my goal wasn't to get drunk anyways. As other's have noted, there were three cats that have come to live on the property and would come and beg for food. They were a little annoying, and they really should get rid of them, since they bill The Landings as a luxury resort.

Service......The service we received was great. In particular, Selma, Ophelia, Aline, and Trisha helped to make our trip even more special. They were always attentive and we struck up great conversations and they gave us suggestions about the resort and island. Everywhere we went, anyone we walked past who worked for the resort would stop whatever they were doing and say "Good morning/afternoon/evening". One knock on the level of service has less to do with the staff and more to do with the managers. PLEASE TRAIN THE STAFF TO DISPENSE ACCURATE INFORMATION. One person tells us that Lobster isn't included in the all-inclusive, then someone else says that it is. So, I had them check with their manager, and they came back and said that it wasn't included afterall. If I had listened to them, each lobster meal was $62. We also did not know that premium liquor was not included, until after we ordered two drinks. There were a few other instances where we were given information by someone, only to find out that it wasn't accurate. So, overall the service is great, but management can make it even better by training the staff in this area.

Beach/gym/spa, etc....The beach was perfect. The resort is not overly busy, so it felt like you were at the beach and in your own little world (vs Sandals with tons of people everywhere). The water was warm and blue and the sand was white. I used the gym twice and I was pleased with it's quality. The gym is much better than gyms I have seen in most hotels. Our living social deal came with a $100 spa credit, so we booked two 50-min couple massages. The massages were a bit expensive ($120 each). I live in expensive Washington DC, and massages at upscale places are less than The Landings. We both enjoyed the massages, and the ladies there were nice as well. There are two pool right outside of 713, and we were the only ones there whenever we went. So it was nice to have the pool all to ourselves in paradise.

Overall, I have already recommended The Landings and St. Lucia to others already. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. Hopefully, they see my review and get rid of the cats and train the staff to give better information. Then, it'd be just about perfect.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lyle P, General Manager at The Landings St. Lucia, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
What a great review. thank you so much. thank you especially for selecting us for your Honeymoon. we hope that you will come back EVERY year! We are also absolutely thrilled that you selected the all-inclusive and it was just right for you. Thank you again for the detail in your review. we always share and learn. All the best from your new friends at The Landings.

Been to The Landings St. Lucia? Share your experiences!