The property is very beautiful and well maintained, we couldn't have asked any more as to the accomodations. The rooms were very spacious and the master suite bed amazingly comfortable and big. We found the staff to to be gracious and willing to help. Everyone on staff seems to subscribe to the Disney model of meeting guests with a smile. The beach and water front were well maintained and there were things like watercraft that you could check out. The beach has a very nice panoramic view of Pigeon Island to the right and Rodney Bay to the left.
Straight ahead is open water. We primarily ate at the Beach Club restaurant because it was closest to our room and this is where our included breakfast was served. Also, the Palm restaurant wasn't open every night. The food at the Beach Club was excellent and the choices varied. The hotel offered daytime shuttles 3 times a day to go to Rodney Bay if you wanted to pick up groceries or shop for trinkets. After 4 o'clock you were on you own if you needed to go there for dinner. It cost $15.00 US one way. The Friday night barbeque was the most fun with everyone in the hotel showing up. They had an excellant jazz sax player named Rob Z who made it all the more enjoyable,.Now having given this glowing report, I will say that this was an expensive vacation for a party of 3 adults. Eating offsite and doing any sightseeing tours does add up as well as the transportation charges. This is not the fault of the hotel, it's just the way things are. US dollars are taken almost everywhere and I would bring at least $600.00 US cash for a week unless you are going all inclusive. We enjoyed our stay and it's too soon to say if we would return to the island. All in all, I'm glad that we came to visit.
- Also Known As:
- The Landings St. Lucia, a Rock Hotel Castries
- The Landings St. Lucia, a Rock Hotel
- The Landings St. Lucia Gros Islet
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Landings is St. Lucia's premiere beach resort featuring one, two and three-bedroom villas. Accomodations include full kitches, state-of-the-art amenities, private terraces and personal plunge pools. The resort offers, beachfront dining, a full array of water activities, 80-slip yacht harbor and Soleil Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Orbitz, Splendia, Tingo, Priceline, Venere, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your The Landings St. Lucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.