Fabulous, spacious, luxurious accommodation in their 'villa-suites'. Very comfortable. Most had views of the harbour, the beach or a few beach & harbour. We were offered either harbour view with a small plunge pool on balcony or a beach & harbour view without. We chose the latter. It was over a bridge on the opposite side of the main development, where the newest block was under construction.
The staff are amazingly helpful so do ask for an upgrade or ideally a beach facing room as I'm sure they'll upgrade you if they had availability.
Surprising for a recently built development, there was no wifi in the bedrooms which was bad news for iPads; wifi only in reception & the beach restaurant. You'd be okay with a laptop though as the 'villa-suites' do have Ethernet cable connection.
Its beautiful here but not an awful lot to do, so if you are the non-stop active type, book at one of the all-inclusives.
The accommodation was more like an apartment than a hotel suite. The kitchen has quality Miele appliances & throughout it was high quality & very luxurious. We were SO comfortable. Every member of staff did their best to ensure we had everything we needed.
You need to hire a car if you regularly go into Rodney Bay for dinner & shopping. Having said that most people managed with the hotel's free morning shuttle buses for shopping trips locally.
If you hire a car to see more of the island, a jeep is definitely the best option. Main roads are well surfaced. Some minor roads & off the beaten track roads have potholes so if your a nervous driver, take taxis. My husband thought it was great fun negotiating the hair-pin bends & steep hills but it's not for everyone.
Food at the beach restaurant could be better but the willingness of the staff to help was wonderful. The Sunday lunch buffet was the best. Never got to try their main Palms restaurant though.
Wouldn't come again in June as its been a little too wet & overcast although warm with a pleasant breeze even whilst raining. This is time for bargain rooms at the Landings though.
Many thanks to all the staff at the Landings for an fabulous stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Landings is St. Lucia's premiere beach resort featuring one, two and three-bedroom all suite villas. Accomodations include full kitches, state-of-the-art amenities, private terraces and personal plunge pools. The resort offers, beachfront dining, a full array of water activities, 80-slip yacht harbor and Soleil Spa. Free Internet Beach Largest Suites north of St. Lucia ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Regatta Hotels, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your The Landings St. Lucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Landings St. Lucia, a Rock Hotel Castries
- The Landings St. Lucia Gros Islet