My husband and I booked this trip to celebrate a milestone birthday (mine) and make it a vacation to remember. Well, it certainly worked out that way! We decided to go for spring break, along with our 2 children, ages 5 and 8. We had an amazingly good time, despite some rain that was not in the forecast (rainy season for St. Lucia starts in June). We flew in to the local airport - I believe the name is Charles - and the ride to the hotel was a mere 15 minutes. This involved a connection in Trinidad but the 1-hr flight from Trinidad to St. Lucia went so fast, and both kids were fascinated by the prop plane and the fact that they could see everything below us.
We had a ground-level, beach-front 2-bedroom suite which could not have been better in any way. It was absolutely perfect (suite 101). The kitchen was large enough to comfortably cook meals - we made dinner twice - and the dining area equally spacious, though we usually sat on the patio outside. From our living room we could walk out onto the patio and keep walking right onto the beach. Equally convenient was the access to the pool and beach club restaurant, where we enjoyed breakfast every morning and quite a few meals during our 8-night stay.
The staff are all wonderful! Special thanks to Sheryl, who not only looked after us on the beach in terms of drinks, but also baby-sat for us one night so that we could have a few hours to ourselves. Our kids loved her!! And the drinks on the beach and in general were amazing!
The Landings does a great job in making its guests feel welcome and looking out for any need that may arise. There were a few minor miscommunications but those were worked out quickly and without issue (ie: our rain forest excursion was initially booked for the wrong day; once we pointed that out, it was remedied right away). We got rides to and from the main lobby when we requested them, due to intermittent rain, and everyone was very accommodating.
Tuesday night is beach barbeque night, with a live performance - we all loved it! A word of advice: make reservations in advance for that, and for any other special night (like Friday night which is steak night and also commands a large crowd at the Beach Club restaurant). We did not eat at the higher-end restaurant, because quite frankly, all the action was at the Beach Club. We ran into many other families with children in similar age group as ours, and so our kids had playmates for the entire trip, which was great for us as well! We could sit and relax on lounge chairs while watching them play in the sand or in the water. The beach has nice soft sand, excellent for sand-castle making, and clear turquoise water that is roped off to keep swimmers away from the boats that come by. This was actually a very good thing for us, having younger kids, where they could swim up to the rope and then back again, without us worrying that they were going to go too far out. There were some pretty fish by the rocks that intrigued both my kids for long periods of time, and some crabs as well. Two or three times a day, the fruit boat would stop by with fresh fruit and sugar cane that the guy cuts up for you and puts in a bag for $20. A bit pricey for a bag of fruit, but it was part of the experience... I did buy a beautiful conch shell from him for $10 that I will add to my coastal living room decor!!
All in all, an amazing, relaxing trip that was everything we wanted it to be and so much more... all four of us were sad to leave but look forward to returning soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Landings is St. Lucia's premiere beach resort featuring one, two and three-bedroom all suite villas. Accomodations include full kitches, state-of-the-art amenities, private terraces and personal plunge pools. The resort offers, beachfront dining, a full array of water activities, 80-slip yacht harbor and Soleil Spa. Free Internet Beach Largest Suites north of St. Lucia ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Regatta Hotels, Travelocity, Splendia, Tingo, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Landings St. Lucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Landings St. Lucia, a Rock Hotel Castries
- The Landings St. Lucia Gros Islet