“Beautiful Resort, Nice Finishes” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Landings St. Lucia

Save Saved
You added The Landings St. Lucia to your Saves list
The Landings St. Lucia
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Pigeon Island Causeway | Cap Estate, Gros Islet CP5984, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #4 of 16 hotels in Gros Islet
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful Resort, Nice Finishes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I don't know where to start! There are so many great things about this place! We had a three bedroom suite which over looked the ocean and the mountains in the background. In our suite we had a giant great room which had large sliding door that opened the full length of the wall. It also had a kitchen and all the appliances (including the washer and dryer) were all Miele. In the bedrooms, the mattresses were very comfortable with king beds in two of the bedrooms and two twins in the other. The two king rooms had ocean views with access to the main balcony. Each bedroom had an en suite bathroom. The room had two balconies one when you entered the room that looked out on Pigeon Island and another one which had a plunge pool, a dining table for eight and two other sitting areas with two lounge chairs which looked out over the ocean. All the finishes were top notch throughout the room. The resort itself was very nice with all of the buildings centered around a small marina. The snorkeling was pretty good too and the restaurant had good food. Overall, I think that the resort was a excellent choice! I would highly recommend St. Lucia for its beauty and especially I would recommend the Landings St. Lucia for its luxury. My family had a wonderful time!

451 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We excitedly checked into the Landings after 3 nights right in Rodney Bay. We had a one bedroom king villa booked to celebrate our 2nd anniversary (no kids). We requested an early checkin which they could not accommodate so we spent the day at the beach until we could get into our room approximately 3pm. Our room was beautiful, full kitchen bathtub and shower and hot tub on the patio. After we got back from dinner we started noticing things wrong with the villa... The air conditioning was not cooling, the freezer was not cooling and the room wreaked of mold/mildew. Due to my allergies, I called the front desk to report the issues and asked for a room move where I was immediately told not possible. Maintenance came to work on the a/c, couldn't get it to cool. Housekeeping came to deodorize the room and agreed it smelled very strong... We again asked for a room change after housekeeping told us rooms were indeed available.

We moved rooms at 9:45 pm... Not what is expected when paying >$600 per night!!!!

The next day we spoke with the supervisor whom we had met the day before and told him what happened. Essentially we got a handshake, nothing more. Again, for this price a dinner on the house would not be out of the question.

This is a huge resort that misses on small details. Do not expect working Internet in the room, do not expect turn down service (which is a personal fave of mine) and do not expect anything above regular service you may recieve at the hotel down the street. So much for having a really special anniversary.... The Landings is not walking distance to anything.

Overall disappointed with out stay and we still have two nights left (3/31-4/3). My experience may not be the norm, but it sure is not at what we expected on our luxury vacation. Two thumbs down.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lyle P, General Manager at The Landings St. Lucia, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Hello. Thanks for your review. I note that you have not yet departed our hotel and that you are due to leave tomorrow April 3, 2013.

In speaking with our Manager on Duty, he tells me that there were challenges with this villa. We are sorry for the frustration caused in getting your room move. We were full-house that past few days. We hope that the rest of your stay is comfortable and that we get a chance to speak. I have left a message in your villa and am available to talk anytime.

Best regards.
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Just spent a week over spring break with our two teens and family friends at the Landings on St. Lucia. I have to say, it was one of our top vacations yet. The resort was beautiful and the service was excellent. Keep in mind that everyone is on island time, so nothing happens lickety split, but you're on vacation, remember?
We stayed in a two bedroom harbor villa near the lobby. It was a bit of a walk to the beach and Beach Club restaurant, but the walk was lovely and you could get a golf cart ride if you preferred. Employees were attentive and friendly. Sheryl took care of us at the beach where drinks, snacks and meals were readily available, or it was a few steps to the restaurant. There was a breakfast buffet daily which was included in our package. There was also a buffet most evenings and Sunday Brunch, some pricier than others but always delicious. You could also order off the menu any time.
We ate dinner at The Palms at the Landing which was wonderful. Small dining room with very personalized service and delicious food.
We had some beach days lounging and enjoying several activities, including jet skiing, snorkeling or just lounging on rafts provided by the hotel. The water was lovely, warm and clear.
We took some adventures, zip lining, atvs through a banana plantation and 1/2 day deep sea fishing. We caught yellow fin tuna which the crew filleted for us and we brought back to our villa. For a reasonable fee, Jamarl who works at the Beach Club, came to our villa and prepared the best meal we had in St. Lucia. I would definitely recommend this, whether you catch the fish or the hotel provides the entree. Definitely worth the price and a great experience. Jamarl is an awesome chef; he even prepared kid friendly food for our younger guests.
The sunsets were incredible and able to be viewed beachside or from the restaurant enjoying dinner and/or drinks.
All in all, this ranks as one of our best vacations and we will definitely return as soon as possible!

Covington, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have written the general manager a letter which I hope he gets--did not a zip code. The only problem we had in our villa 2412 was a TV in one bedroom not operating for three days had to get assistance from the manager. You have the greatest staff I have ever encountered on a vacation, if you don't have an employee recognition program--you should (just a suggestion).. We were there from 3-12 to 3-19. Everyone one was extremely nice, helpful and courteous. But a few really stood out,Tim Thomas, Jamarl St Martin, Rusty Starr, Gertrude, Francillia and Ashelle. I have raved about my vacation and some friends have already booked a week next year to attend the Jazz Festival-and we are returning also next year and staying longer than a week. Had a correction to be made on my bill, handled quickly. The Four Ladies from the USA.

Room Tip: All locations are great.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I loved The Landings Hotel. It is kid friendly. The views are gorgeous! The hotel rooms are humongous and you get your own hot tub! I never wanted to leave. Snorkeling there was really fun! The only negative is that the service is very slow. At the resteraunt I strongly recommend the peach smoothies!Everyone is very friendly. It was an amazing vacation! You will never want to leave!!!:)

Room Tip: Our room number was 2531. It was across the bridge/boardwalk.It was very nice and quiet there. Our r...
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My family and I stayed here during spring break and had a blast. The service is excellent, the staff is friendly and the location is superb.

We had never visited St. Lucia before and The Landings arranged a fabulous car service to pick us up from the airport and take us to the hotel (They use the car service called "Executive" -request Michael or Trevor, they were great.) I was somewhat worried since I am a worry wart ("What if he doesn't show up?" "What if we don't find him" "How will we get to the hotel") But he was there and waiting and drove us to the hotel giving us a bunch of information about the island as we drove. It's a beautiful hour and a half drive to the hotel and a great way to see the island and get ideas of what you shouldn't miss while you are there. I thought it would be a daunting drive after a long flight, but it was beautiful seeing cashew, coconut, plantain, banana, tamarind, mango, cinnamon, & nutmeg bushes/trees! Everything grows here. Driving through the lush rainforest is amazing.

We had a 2 bedroom 2 1/2 bath condo with washer and dryer, kitchen, dining room, front and back balcony, harbor view and it was fabulous. Very spacious, well decorated and it was always cleaned well and on time (no "Caribbean Time" here!) The walk to the beach and the beach restaurant was scenic around the boat docks.

The beach has a small rope barrier which I liked since I have young kids. It kept them from going too far out and into the boating area. If you want to go and snorkel out there (equipment at the towel hut), it's no problem. Very little wave action and great floats to lounge. Never too crowded.

The beach restaurant was where we ate breakfast (it was included in our package) and a few dinners and lunches. Can't beat the view and the service was especially friendly (Sherrol! Gemma! and others!). The only tiny gripe I have is the music is on a short loop and you hear the same songs over and over. We ate at Cap Estate one night (gotta go - gorgeous and great food) and they had the best jazz and soft rock that perfectly set the mood. But like I said, it wasn't distracting or horrible... I'm just being nitpicky. The food is good - especially dinner. I really enjoyed the coconut seafood pasta.

OK, the beach restaurant also has outstanding drinks. The Rum Punch is the standout and they don't serve them weak! Very tasty with nutmeg too. The Smooth Operator & Pina Coladas are also dynamite.

Kayaks are 'free' and there are jetski operators ready to rent to you. Find "Ninja" (they go by names like that) because he has the best skis. The beach is public - as are all beaches in St. Lucia so here and there you will have people trying to sell you something but they are super friendly and aren't annoying. One guy did amazing custom wire art right in front of us (he asked our boys what they liked, they told him and he made something right there). There are workers on the beach ready to shoo them off if they get too annoying...but it wasn't a problem and in no way did I feel 'unsafe' or anything approaching that. They are just trying to make a living, after all.

The main pool is somewhat small but was never crowded. It was pretty and the kids like the hot tub.

Things to do:
1. Work with Executive car service and do an island tour. We had a great drive with Michael who took is all over the island - Toraielle Waterfall, sulfur baths & volcano, lunch at Le Haut Plantation overlooking the Pitons (got amazing pics - will post on my review there later)...he took us whereever we wanted to go and also suggested some stops (banana plantation). It was heavenly.

2. We did a boat charter with the Reel Irie and took a boat to Soufriere and the Pitons, Jerusalem Falls and Marigot bay. Wonderful time. They are all a must-do.

3. Cap Estate is a fab place to eat. We took our kids and they were fine. Excellent food and I kept expecting James Bond to walk in. Stunning place with incredible ambiance.

4. Flavors of the Grill was a local joint in Gros Islet that I saw on a few other reviews. We went there for their buffet lunch twice for local food and it was good spot if you want to get away from the resort and eat like a local.

5. Prudee's rotis around the corner is a good, inexpensive place for lunch. Get there before 1 or 2 for the best selection!

6. Fruitman comes to the resort several times a day to sell his fruit. It's kind of expensive, but a neat memory and the fruit is excellent. Sure, you can buy it cheaper on the road (there are a million roadside stands) or at the grocery...but this is a neat thing to do.

7. Beach BBQ was fun for the kids. Good buffet and great entertainment. The entertainers actually work at the resort (I saw them at the towel stand) and were incredibly friendly.

8. Froggie Jaques was a fun place to eat in Rodney Bay.

9. Fire Grill was good, but a little overpriced. Cool atmosphere though.

10. Our friends did the ATV and ziplining and loved it. They really enjoyed the ziplining and said it was one of the best they have done and they've done it all over the world. They also did deep sea fishing with the Reel Irie and enjoyed it.

There is construction going on around some of the buildings, but it didn't distract me nor was it loud from my perspective.

I'm a beach fanatic and really recommend this place. I like St. Lucia because it's unspoiled without being rough (like beautiful Dominica a few islands over - which is harder to get around...but still fun & gorgeous nevertheless) or touristy like Aruba can be (but I like Aruba too... but can be one hotel after the other, etc!) I like how this island looks 'real' and hasn't been overrun by every imaginable westerner & hotel outfit around. You will see cows, horses, chickens, CATS AND DOGS, goats and such on the side of the road, etc. It's just different from my everyday existence and I love that. For example, Marigot Bay definitely is spit-shined and caters to Westerners and I almost expected to see a freaking Starbucks there. But thankfully I didn't and the rest of the island is real and natural.

I will post pics of Froggie Jaques, the Reel Irie trip, Le Haut Plantation lunch, Fire Grill, Flavors of the Grill, Prudees, Executive Car Service, Jerusalem Falls, Toraielle Falls, Sulfur bath/Volcano, Pitons in other reviews as I want to keep this about The Landings as much as possible.

I just can't wait to go back. I'm still suffering from post-vacation blues.

Room Tip: There are beach views (which would be fabulous) but we had a harbor view which was of the boat docks...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lyle P, General Manager at The Landings St. Lucia, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. We truly appreciate your details, thoughts and ideas. You described our "Simply Beautiful" St. Lucia perfectly. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I just returned from The Landings. This is a beautiful condominium style property that is fairly secluded with a lovely large beach. We had a 3 bedroom 3 1/2 bath unit that was spectacular in every way. The rest of the property is lovely and the grounds a well cared for. The Gym is great.

Why isn't this place a 5 star property? Many reasons!
-A secluded condo property with a closed gift/food/sun lotion store is not helpful to it's customers. $20.00 each way by cab to the nearest store in Rodney Hieghts to by lotion or for something to put in the fridge. The friends we met while there could not believe it.
-Concierge desk but no Concierge. We asked the fill-in guy about a few resturants and he told us "I don't know about the resturants, I'm to poor to eat out". Sorry Management, don't put a kid on the desk if he doesn't know what he's doing.
- Beautiful large decks- Birds love to hang out on our deck fans and leave their debris. We complained that it would have to be picked up daily, but it wasn't.

There is more but... I really did enjoy The Landings but I think the Management needs to work out some basic issues and get a first class store in there for it's customers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello. Thank you for your review of The Landings. Our Concierge Desk has be refreshed with a new Manager and a highly qualified and engaged team. Sorry that you were here during a transition. Thank you again for staying with us. We hope to have you as a guest of ours again. Best regards.

Been to The Landings St. Lucia? Share your experiences!