We excitedly checked into the Landings after 3 nights right in Rodney Bay. We had a one bedroom king villa booked to celebrate our 2nd anniversary (no kids). We requested an early checkin which they could not accommodate so we spent the day at the beach until we could get into our room approximately 3pm. Our room was beautiful, full kitchen bathtub and shower and hot tub on the patio. After we got back from dinner we started noticing things wrong with the villa... The air conditioning was not cooling, the freezer was not cooling and the room wreaked of mold/mildew. Due to my allergies, I called the front desk to report the issues and asked for a room move where I was immediately told not possible. Maintenance came to work on the a/c, couldn't get it to cool. Housekeeping came to deodorize the room and agreed it smelled very strong... We again asked for a room change after housekeeping told us rooms were indeed available.
We moved rooms at 9:45 pm... Not what is expected when paying >$600 per night!!!!
The next day we spoke with the supervisor whom we had met the day before and told him what happened. Essentially we got a handshake, nothing more. Again, for this price a dinner on the house would not be out of the question.
This is a huge resort that misses on small details. Do not expect working Internet in the room, do not expect turn down service (which is a personal fave of mine) and do not expect anything above regular service you may recieve at the hotel down the street. So much for having a really special anniversary.... The Landings is not walking distance to anything.
Overall disappointed with out stay and we still have two nights left (3/31-4/3). My experience may not be the norm, but it sure is not at what we expected on our luxury vacation. Two thumbs down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Landings is St. Lucia's premiere beach resort featuring one, two and three-bedroom all suite villas. Accomodations include full kitches, state-of-the-art amenities, private terraces and personal plunge pools. The resort offers, beachfront dining, a full array of water activities, 80-slip yacht harbor and Soleil Spa. Free Internet Beach Largest Suites north of St. Lucia ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Regatta Hotels, Splendia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Landings St. Lucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Landings St. Lucia, a Rock Hotel Castries
- The Landings St. Lucia Gros Islet