“Top Notch Family Vacation!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
40% off room rate
Ranked #3 of 16 hotels in Gros Islet
Denver
“Top Notch Family Vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Just spent a week over spring break with our two teens and family friends at the Landings on St. Lucia. I have to say, it was one of our top vacations yet. The resort was beautiful and the service was excellent. Keep in mind that everyone is on island time, so nothing happens lickety split, but you're on vacation, remember?
We stayed in a two bedroom harbor villa near the lobby. It was a bit of a walk to the beach and Beach Club restaurant, but the walk was lovely and you could get a golf cart ride if you preferred. Employees were attentive and friendly. Sheryl took care of us at the beach where drinks, snacks and meals were readily available, or it was a few steps to the restaurant. There was a breakfast buffet daily which was included in our package. There was also a buffet most evenings and Sunday Brunch, some pricier than others but always delicious. You could also order off the menu any time.
We ate dinner at The Palms at the Landing which was wonderful. Small dining room with very personalized service and delicious food.
We had some beach days lounging and enjoying several activities, including jet skiing, snorkeling or just lounging on rafts provided by the hotel. The water was lovely, warm and clear.
We took some adventures, zip lining, atvs through a banana plantation and 1/2 day deep sea fishing. We caught yellow fin tuna which the crew filleted for us and we brought back to our villa. For a reasonable fee, Jamarl who works at the Beach Club, came to our villa and prepared the best meal we had in St. Lucia. I would definitely recommend this, whether you catch the fish or the hotel provides the entree. Definitely worth the price and a great experience. Jamarl is an awesome chef; he even prepared kid friendly food for our younger guests.
The sunsets were incredible and able to be viewed beachside or from the restaurant enjoying dinner and/or drinks.
All in all, this ranks as one of our best vacations and we will definitely return as soon as possible!

419 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Covington, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have written the general manager a letter which I hope he gets--did not a zip code. The only problem we had in our villa 2412 was a TV in one bedroom not operating for three days had to get assistance from the manager. You have the greatest staff I have ever encountered on a vacation, if you don't have an employee recognition program--you should (just a suggestion).. We were there from 3-12 to 3-19. Everyone one was extremely nice, helpful and courteous. But a few really stood out,Tim Thomas, Jamarl St Martin, Rusty Starr, Gertrude, Francillia and Ashelle. I have raved about my vacation and some friends have already booked a week next year to attend the Jazz Festival-and we are returning also next year and staying longer than a week. Had a correction to be made on my bill, handled quickly. The Four Ladies from the USA.

Room Tip: All locations are great.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I loved The Landings Hotel. It is kid friendly. The views are gorgeous! The hotel rooms are humongous and you get your own hot tub! I never wanted to leave. Snorkeling there was really fun! The only negative is that the service is very slow. At the resteraunt I strongly recommend the peach smoothies!Everyone is very friendly. It was an amazing vacation! You will never want to leave!!!:)

Room Tip: Our room number was 2531. It was across the bridge/boardwalk.It was very nice and quiet there. Our r...
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My family and I stayed here during spring break and had a blast. The service is excellent, the staff is friendly and the location is superb.

We had never visited St. Lucia before and The Landings arranged a fabulous car service to pick us up from the airport and take us to the hotel (They use the car service called "Executive" -request Michael or Trevor, they were great.) I was somewhat worried since I am a worry wart ("What if he doesn't show up?" "What if we don't find him" "How will we get to the hotel") But he was there and waiting and drove us to the hotel giving us a bunch of information about the island as we drove. It's a beautiful hour and a half drive to the hotel and a great way to see the island and get ideas of what you shouldn't miss while you are there. I thought it would be a daunting drive after a long flight, but it was beautiful seeing cashew, coconut, plantain, banana, tamarind, mango, cinnamon, & nutmeg bushes/trees! Everything grows here. Driving through the lush rainforest is amazing.

We had a 2 bedroom 2 1/2 bath condo with washer and dryer, kitchen, dining room, front and back balcony, harbor view and it was fabulous. Very spacious, well decorated and it was always cleaned well and on time (no "Caribbean Time" here!) The walk to the beach and the beach restaurant was scenic around the boat docks.

The beach has a small rope barrier which I liked since I have young kids. It kept them from going too far out and into the boating area. If you want to go and snorkel out there (equipment at the towel hut), it's no problem. Very little wave action and great floats to lounge. Never too crowded.

The beach restaurant was where we ate breakfast (it was included in our package) and a few dinners and lunches. Can't beat the view and the service was especially friendly (Sherrol! Gemma! and others!). The only tiny gripe I have is the music is on a short loop and you hear the same songs over and over. We ate at Cap Estate one night (gotta go - gorgeous and great food) and they had the best jazz and soft rock that perfectly set the mood. But like I said, it wasn't distracting or horrible... I'm just being nitpicky. The food is good - especially dinner. I really enjoyed the coconut seafood pasta.

OK, the beach restaurant also has outstanding drinks. The Rum Punch is the standout and they don't serve them weak! Very tasty with nutmeg too. The Smooth Operator & Pina Coladas are also dynamite.

Kayaks are 'free' and there are jetski operators ready to rent to you. Find "Ninja" (they go by names like that) because he has the best skis. The beach is public - as are all beaches in St. Lucia so here and there you will have people trying to sell you something but they are super friendly and aren't annoying. One guy did amazing custom wire art right in front of us (he asked our boys what they liked, they told him and he made something right there). There are workers on the beach ready to shoo them off if they get too annoying...but it wasn't a problem and in no way did I feel 'unsafe' or anything approaching that. They are just trying to make a living, after all.

The main pool is somewhat small but was never crowded. It was pretty and the kids like the hot tub.

Things to do:
1. Work with Executive car service and do an island tour. We had a great drive with Michael who took is all over the island - Toraielle Waterfall, sulfur baths & volcano, lunch at Le Haut Plantation overlooking the Pitons (got amazing pics - will post on my review there later)...he took us whereever we wanted to go and also suggested some stops (banana plantation). It was heavenly.

2. We did a boat charter with the Reel Irie and took a boat to Soufriere and the Pitons, Jerusalem Falls and Marigot bay. Wonderful time. They are all a must-do.

3. Cap Estate is a fab place to eat. We took our kids and they were fine. Excellent food and I kept expecting James Bond to walk in. Stunning place with incredible ambiance.

4. Flavors of the Grill was a local joint in Gros Islet that I saw on a few other reviews. We went there for their buffet lunch twice for local food and it was good spot if you want to get away from the resort and eat like a local.

5. Prudee's rotis around the corner is a good, inexpensive place for lunch. Get there before 1 or 2 for the best selection!

6. Fruitman comes to the resort several times a day to sell his fruit. It's kind of expensive, but a neat memory and the fruit is excellent. Sure, you can buy it cheaper on the road (there are a million roadside stands) or at the grocery...but this is a neat thing to do.

7. Beach BBQ was fun for the kids. Good buffet and great entertainment. The entertainers actually work at the resort (I saw them at the towel stand) and were incredibly friendly.

8. Froggie Jaques was a fun place to eat in Rodney Bay.

9. Fire Grill was good, but a little overpriced. Cool atmosphere though.

10. Our friends did the ATV and ziplining and loved it. They really enjoyed the ziplining and said it was one of the best they have done and they've done it all over the world. They also did deep sea fishing with the Reel Irie and enjoyed it.

There is construction going on around some of the buildings, but it didn't distract me nor was it loud from my perspective.

I'm a beach fanatic and really recommend this place. I like St. Lucia because it's unspoiled without being rough (like beautiful Dominica a few islands over - which is harder to get around...but still fun & gorgeous nevertheless) or touristy like Aruba can be (but I like Aruba too... but can be one hotel after the other, etc!) I like how this island looks 'real' and hasn't been overrun by every imaginable westerner & hotel outfit around. You will see cows, horses, chickens, CATS AND DOGS, goats and such on the side of the road, etc. It's just different from my everyday existence and I love that. For example, Marigot Bay definitely is spit-shined and caters to Westerners and I almost expected to see a freaking Starbucks there. But thankfully I didn't and the rest of the island is real and natural.

I will post pics of Froggie Jaques, the Reel Irie trip, Le Haut Plantation lunch, Fire Grill, Flavors of the Grill, Prudees, Executive Car Service, Jerusalem Falls, Toraielle Falls, Sulfur bath/Volcano, Pitons in other reviews as I want to keep this about The Landings as much as possible.

I just can't wait to go back. I'm still suffering from post-vacation blues.

Room Tip: There are beach views (which would be fabulous) but we had a harbor view which was of the boat docks...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lyle P, General Manager at The Landings St. Lucia, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. We truly appreciate your details, thoughts and ideas. You described our "Simply Beautiful" St. Lucia perfectly. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I just returned from The Landings. This is a beautiful condominium style property that is fairly secluded with a lovely large beach. We had a 3 bedroom 3 1/2 bath unit that was spectacular in every way. The rest of the property is lovely and the grounds a well cared for. The Gym is great.

Why isn't this place a 5 star property? Many reasons!
-A secluded condo property with a closed gift/food/sun lotion store is not helpful to it's customers. $20.00 each way by cab to the nearest store in Rodney Hieghts to by lotion or for something to put in the fridge. The friends we met while there could not believe it.
-Concierge desk but no Concierge. We asked the fill-in guy about a few resturants and he told us "I don't know about the resturants, I'm to poor to eat out". Sorry Management, don't put a kid on the desk if he doesn't know what he's doing.
- Beautiful large decks- Birds love to hang out on our deck fans and leave their debris. We complained that it would have to be picked up daily, but it wasn't.

There is more but... I really did enjoy The Landings but I think the Management needs to work out some basic issues and get a first class store in there for it's customers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello. Thank you for your review of The Landings. Our Concierge Desk has be refreshed with a new Manager and a highly qualified and engaged team. Sorry that you were here during a transition. Thank you again for staying with us. We hope to have you as a guest of ours again. Best regards.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

If you are looking for a quiet, luxury resort, this is the one. It is ideal for families (our unit was 3 bedrooms with a huge balcony, Jacuzzi, full gourmet kitchen and laundry room). It is staffed with first-class staff. Every other Carribean resort should send their staff to The Landings to be trained! We experienced a staff made up of people who went out of their way to make our holiday special. Everyone is kind and gracious.

The Palms restaurant was superb, as was the more casual beach buffet. We did enjoy having a kitchen as our kids are young and a few meals in the room made it easier on us.

The beach is clean, beautiful and quiet. many chairs and umbrellas are available.

From the check-in (where rum punches are served to you), we knew we were in for a great holiday. The Landings is a special place. It may be too quiet for young couples (or for families with teens who need stimulating entertainment 24-7), but it is MADE for those who want a restful, relaxing, premium, unpretentious luxury resort. Families will adore it.

What a great spring break! We will return to this world-class resort.

Room Tip: I would not advocate spending more for a beach-view room. The marina is so beautiful (so choose a ma...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lyle P, General Manager at The Landings St. Lucia, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you. We agree that we are "The very best in St Lucia". What a great review...much appreciated. Thanks also for your evaluation of our "first-class staff". We look forward to welcoming you back to The Landings St Lucia soon!
Ridgewood, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

ROOMS: We had a beautiful 3BR, 3.5 Bath condo on top floor (3rd on a Ground-to-3rd floor building) of an end- building that faced canal/waterway and ocean. (Access was by elevator or stairs.) Our room number was 2531 I think. Best part was the covered balcony/terrace that runs the length of the condo, with sliding doors from LR,Dining Area,Master BR. Terrace had a "plunge pool," large dining table, lounge chairs, etc., ceiling fans,etc. With that location, we had beautiful ocean views and a fabulous breeze.
The unit was gorgeous -- looked brand new and was very clean. Great kitchen, baths, washer/dryer etc., and professionally decorated. (High-end hotel quality appearance)
STAFF: Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful - very nice and well-trained.
BEACH: beach is very nice - we had no problem getting chairs/umbrellas.Did not have to rush out first thing to "hold" a chair.
POOL: The pool closest to beach was nice, quiet, with chairs and umbrellas, and got a good breeze which was nice because beach tended to get very warm. )Pool does not face the ocean; it faces canal/waterway but was very pleasant.)
RESTAURANTS: there are 2 but one is right off the lobby and looks like a conference room (small) with only 4 outdoor tables. It was only open 3 nights a week when we were there so we went once, sat outside, and the food was good. But from that spot, there is no view of the water, so we ate all our other meals at the Beach Club.
Beach Club Restaurant: Food is pretty good for Caribbean and the restaurant has different "specials" on many nights: Stir-fry, Pasta, Steak, etc. At breakfast, we had the buffet which included fresh fruit, made-to-order omelettes, pancakes, etc. Service is sometimes slow but the staff is extremely friendly - you see same staff most days so it's very nice. We also liked the Beach Barbecue night, where they literally set up tables/chairs on the beach and had some entertainment. A bit hokey but fun, and food was good.Again, the staff did a great job.
GYM: is in lobby building. I think it had 3 treadmills, a couple of eliptical machines, weight machines, etc.(bring your own headphones) Not bad for Caribbean but equipment needs to be cleaned.
DOWNSIDES : 1) TRIP FROM AIRPORT: The resort is on the opposite end of the island from the airport, A 90-MINUTE TRIP (we knew this before we booked, but it does make the travel days extra-long.)We arranged transportation through hotel and had a lovely gentleman pick us up arriving and departing - he was very knowledgeable about the island and so that made the trip more enjoyable.
2) BEFORE YOU BOOK: Some buildings are on a canal and look across at other buildings on the other side of canal. Fine, but one building on the canal is a cement shell where construction has stopped. Just so you don't get an unpleasant surprise, I'd ask very specific questions and ask for a map of property/buildings so you know where you're booking.
GROCERY SERVICE IS GOOD IDEA, BUT... We didn't plan to do a lot of our own cooking, but we did place a Grocery order so we'd have some food there when we arrived, which is a nice service the Landings offers. The sliced "turkey" we ordered was pink - we never ate it. The OJ, milk, eggs, apples, bananas, cereal, bacon (Oscar Meyer), and potato chips were fine. Yogurt was local brand -- mediocre... Certain things on the list weren't available: pretzels, certain fruits, etc. - a reminder that you are in the Caribbean. We didn't order ingredients for dinner so don't know how meat or poultry would be. Halfway through our stay we took a cab into town for $15 where there are a couple of grocery stores -- we went to the "high end" grocery store for more fruit/snacks and it was so-so.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us, and thanks also for posting your review. We always enjoy hearing about our associates and services. Just a note to the airport travel-time. There is helicopter service between our two airports, so if you land at the furthest one, a 10 minute helicopter ride gets you just 15 minutes from The Landings. Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Been to The Landings St. Lucia? Share your experiences!