ROOMS: We had a beautiful 3BR, 3.5 Bath condo on top floor (3rd on a Ground-to-3rd floor building) of an end- building that faced canal/waterway and ocean. (Access was by elevator or stairs.) Our room number was 2531 I think. Best part was the covered balcony/terrace that runs the length of the condo, with sliding doors from LR,Dining Area,Master BR. Terrace had a "plunge pool," large dining table, lounge chairs, etc., ceiling fans,etc. With that location, we had beautiful ocean views and a fabulous breeze.
The unit was gorgeous -- looked brand new and was very clean. Great kitchen, baths, washer/dryer etc., and professionally decorated. (High-end hotel quality appearance)
STAFF: Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful - very nice and well-trained.
BEACH: beach is very nice - we had no problem getting chairs/umbrellas.Did not have to rush out first thing to "hold" a chair.
POOL: The pool closest to beach was nice, quiet, with chairs and umbrellas, and got a good breeze which was nice because beach tended to get very warm. )Pool does not face the ocean; it faces canal/waterway but was very pleasant.)
RESTAURANTS: there are 2 but one is right off the lobby and looks like a conference room (small) with only 4 outdoor tables. It was only open 3 nights a week when we were there so we went once, sat outside, and the food was good. But from that spot, there is no view of the water, so we ate all our other meals at the Beach Club.
Beach Club Restaurant: Food is pretty good for Caribbean and the restaurant has different "specials" on many nights: Stir-fry, Pasta, Steak, etc. At breakfast, we had the buffet which included fresh fruit, made-to-order omelettes, pancakes, etc. Service is sometimes slow but the staff is extremely friendly - you see same staff most days so it's very nice. We also liked the Beach Barbecue night, where they literally set up tables/chairs on the beach and had some entertainment. A bit hokey but fun, and food was good.Again, the staff did a great job.
GYM: is in lobby building. I think it had 3 treadmills, a couple of eliptical machines, weight machines, etc.(bring your own headphones) Not bad for Caribbean but equipment needs to be cleaned.
DOWNSIDES : 1) TRIP FROM AIRPORT: The resort is on the opposite end of the island from the airport, A 90-MINUTE TRIP (we knew this before we booked, but it does make the travel days extra-long.)We arranged transportation through hotel and had a lovely gentleman pick us up arriving and departing - he was very knowledgeable about the island and so that made the trip more enjoyable.
2) BEFORE YOU BOOK: Some buildings are on a canal and look across at other buildings on the other side of canal. Fine, but one building on the canal is a cement shell where construction has stopped. Just so you don't get an unpleasant surprise, I'd ask very specific questions and ask for a map of property/buildings so you know where you're booking.
GROCERY SERVICE IS GOOD IDEA, BUT... We didn't plan to do a lot of our own cooking, but we did place a Grocery order so we'd have some food there when we arrived, which is a nice service the Landings offers. The sliced "turkey" we ordered was pink - we never ate it. The OJ, milk, eggs, apples, bananas, cereal, bacon (Oscar Meyer), and potato chips were fine. Yogurt was local brand -- mediocre... Certain things on the list weren't available: pretzels, certain fruits, etc. - a reminder that you are in the Caribbean. We didn't order ingredients for dinner so don't know how meat or poultry would be. Halfway through our stay we took a cab into town for $15 where there are a couple of grocery stores -- we went to the "high end" grocery store for more fruit/snacks and it was so-so.
- Also Known As:
- The Landings St. Lucia, a Rock Hotel
- The Landings St. Lucia, a Rock Hotel Castries
- The Landings St. Lucia Gros Islet
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Landings is St. Lucia's premiere beach resort featuring one, two and three-bedroom villas. Accomodations include full kitches, state-of-the-art amenities, private terraces and personal plunge pools. The resort offers, beachfront dining, a full array of water activities, 80-slip yacht harbor and Soleil Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jetsetter, Regatta Hotels, Booking.com, Splendia, Priceline, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your The Landings St. Lucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.