Spent 2 weeks here in February weather perfect in lovely surroundings. Our 1 bedroom ground floor apartment was overlooking the Marina but surrounded by a bourganvilla hedge so very peaceful and private. Everything provided in the apartment for cooking,washing both dishes and clothes, Huge bed and a lovely bathroom with his and her basins ,bath and shower. On patio had eating area + own jacuzzi and loungers.
The beach was a few steps away with towels and loungers readily available. The sea has a roped off area which is plenty big enough and stops the jet skiers getting too close.
We ate at the beach bar a few times and buffet breakfast was good ($22 + 10% + 8% so not cheap)
A car for a few days is useful although driving is not for the faint hearted due to hairpin bends and road conditions + local drivers !! Otherwise you are rather isolated .Rodney Bay is about 10 mins drive where there are plenty of good shops and restaurants . The first supermarket on left as you enter the shopping area has multi storey carpark and is very good so can stock up fridge and freezer There used to be a hotel shuttle bus which has now been stopped so taxi the only other option and costs about $12 each way.
Serenity Vacations and Tours do some interesting trips around the island and are excellent
Sunsets are amazing always at 6.05 be ready with your camera!
Reception staff and housekeeping are all pleasant and very helpful . Sheryl who was on beach bar /beach duty was very helpful. At the Managers Cocktail party (every Tuesday evening) we met Xavier , Food Manager who was very friendly and helpful .
Do the walk to Pigeon Island, a St Lucia National Trust landmark ,and visit the fort at the top where the views are brilliant
Mosquito spray an essential item!
There is a Spa but quite expensive
Phase 4 is under construction so be prepared for building noise during the day
The only disadvantage is the long and very windy journey to get there from the airport about 1 and 1/2 hours !
All in all a lovely place to spend 2 weeks enjoying the sunshine!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Landings is St. Lucia's premiere beach resort featuring one, two and three-bedroom all suite villas. Accomodations include full kitches, state-of-the-art amenities, private terraces and personal plunge pools. The resort offers, beachfront dining, a full array of water activities, 80-slip yacht harbor and Soleil Spa. Free Internet Beach Largest Suites north of St. Lucia ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Regatta Hotels, Splendia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Landings St. Lucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Landings St. Lucia, a Rock Hotel Castries
- The Landings St. Lucia Gros Islet