We just got back from a wonderful vacation at the The Landings. My family consisted of my husband and two kids (ages 8 & 10), my parents, and my aunt. When we arrived to the hotel we were shown to our 3 bedroom harbor view condo which was beautiful and as promised they had all our groceries stocked for us which we ordered before we got there. This is a great benefit! Our room was located close to the lobby which gave us quick access to the fitness room and shuttle service. It was a bit of walk to the pools and beaches, but honestly did not mind since it is a beautiful walk through the marina looking at all the great boats. They also provide a golf cart from the lobby if you don't want to walk to the restaurants and beach.
The beach is absolutely gorgeous and you can get a chair without having to get to the beach at the crack of dawn to save a chair like some other resorts. They will also put an umbrella out for you wherever you sit. We did some great snorkeling right off the beach near the rocks and saw thousands of tropical fish!! Between the pool and the beach the kids has a great time swimming in both places.
Pigeon Island is a great spot to visit for a hike and/or visit. We all walked there from The Landings and toured the place. My mother and aunt decided against the hike since my aunt is 80 and has a bad knee. The hike to both of the peaks is a must do - the hike to Fort Rodney is easier and just an upward slope with some steps, but the other peak has an easy to moderate climb. Both have great views at the top. The Jambe de Boise restaurant on the Island is a great little restaurant on the water with affordable, good food and nice cold Pitons!
We also had many meals at the Beach Club Restaurant at The Landings which we all thought had great food. We thoroughly enjoyed the Beach BBQ night where they had dancers, fire eating show, and limbo which the kids really had fun with.
Those are the positive features of the resort. A few things that would have made our trip perfect was a working elevator in our unit. It was very strenuous for my 80 year old aunt with a bad knee to walk up and down the stairs. We told them about the elevator and said they would work on it, but never was fixed. Another problem we had was the toilet in the master bedroom which we requested to fix because it would not flush so my dad had to fill the tank in the back each time. We called a few times but that was not fixed either.
Lastly, a few recommendations I would have for the resort is to have a lobby type shop where you can get basic foods, snacks, souvenirs, local products, etc. It would not have been bad if they still offered the free shuttle service to Rodney Bay (a 5-10 minute drive), but to have to pay $30.00 round trip for a liter of milk seemed outrageous. Last recommendation would be to have more waiters on service at the pool and beach to take drink orders. We waited and waited, but instead went up to the bar to get our drinks every day. I believe the resort could make much more money and have satisfied customers with just simple drink orders.
All this being said I would highly recommend this place.
- Also Known As:
- The Landings St. Lucia, a Rock Hotel Castries
- The Landings St. Lucia, a Rock Hotel
- The Landings St. Lucia Gros Islet
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Landings is St. Lucia's premiere beach resort featuring one, two and three-bedroom villas. Accomodations include full kitches, state-of-the-art amenities, private terraces and personal plunge pools. The resort offers, beachfront dining, a full array of water activities, 80-slip yacht harbor and Soleil Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Splendia, Priceline, Tingo, HotelsClick, Venere, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Jetsetter so you can book your The Landings St. Lucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.