“Great Staff, Beautiful View, Loved the room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Landings St. Lucia

Save Saved
You added The Landings St. Lucia to your Saves list
The Landings St. Lucia
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Pigeon Island Causeway | Cap Estate, Gros Islet CP5984, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #4 of 16 hotels in Gros Islet
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great Staff, Beautiful View, Loved the room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We were upgraded to a three bedroom suite facing the harbor upon arrival and it was perfect. The balcony was huge and the hot tub was already warmed up and ready when we arrived. The food was a little on the high side, but it was good. We chose the breakfast inclusive plan and had a huge breakfast every morning overlooking the ocean. I agree that it is set up more like a condo complex, but I liked having the washer/dryer and full kitchen- with top of the line appliances. Rodney Bay is technically within walking distance, but it's a bit of a hike. We drove there and stocked up on snacks at the grocery store- very nice, well stocked and clean. Rodney Bay has everything from Burger King and KFC, to really nice restaurants and even a good casino (I won $200 on blackjack!) I only ate at the beachside restaurant at the Landings, but heard the nice restaurant was good. I also didn't use the spa because we were busy every day.

Room Tip: They are building more rooms on the Pigeon Island side of the resort. Those rooms are connected by a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Lyle P, General Manager at The Landings St. Lucia, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for posting your comments. So happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We often hear that our villas are stunning. Glad to hear that you won a little at the casino. Maybe save it for your next trip back to stay with us! Thanks again for choosing us. We look forward to welcoming you back.

454 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I loved St. Lucia but the Landings is truly a condominium complex, not a luxury hotel. Tis has pros and cons. The lobby was beautiful and the bathrooms, but the furnishings were definitely not 5 star quality. The people there were amazing and the beach spectacular but I was disappointed that there was no store on site and the restaurant was only intermittently open. Also there were supposed to be free water activities-no one ever told us about any of that. I also did not feel 100% safe as we were next to a large park and people seemed to wander in and out of the property.
People should also be aware that it is 90 minutes- 2 hours to the airport, and the transportation extremely expensive. The Landings should provide transportation free as well as free transport to Rodney Bay,particularly as the restaurant is rarely open.
While we had a great time, I felt it was overpriced for the amenities provided.

Room Tip: Pay extra to have a beachfront unit-we had a unit on the side and it was disappointing.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay, and for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate your feedback. Just a few comments - we have 24 hour security at all access points to our hotel to monitor all activities. St. Lucian beaches are all open to all Lucians. One of our restaurants is always open and our signature restaurant is dinner-only, four nights of the week. There is a helicopter option for travel between our two airports and many of our guests choose that option instead of one of our fleet vehicles. It makes the trip in only 10 minutes. Thank you again for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This was my family's first adult vacation together. My parents, my sister, and myself were so excited about spending a week in paradise together. We plan the vacation six months in advanced. The added bonus is my sister lives in Houston, so we don't get to see her as often as would like. The trip for me and my parents started out rocky because our flight was delayed due to weather conditions so we ended up spending the night in Miami. I called the hotel to inform them of our delay and my sister arrival. My sister flight was on time and she spend the first night at the Landings by herself. The staff took excellent care of her. When we arrived the next day they greeted us with smiles, rum punch, and mentioned my sister by name. She had already made friends staff and they kept her entertained in our absence. We found her lounging by the hot tube, fully relaxed and satisfied.
We booked the grand harbor 3 bedroom suite, and I only have one word to described it. WONDERFUL! The views for the back and front balconies are breathtaking. The suite was clean and beautifully decorated. My father prefers cooking to eating out so the fully functional kitchen was great. The suite layout was great. We had enough room to hang out together and enjoy each other company or hang out in our own area of the suite and enjoy some quiet time. We are definitely coming back to St. Lucia and The Landings is our resort of choice.
The beach was literally only a few steps away from our room. We found the walk around the harbor enjoyable and relaxing. There wasn't enough time to due everything we would have to do. The food was good but the selection was limited. The service was outstanding, everyone was very accommodating and eager to please. We booked a number of excursion through concierge and tour guides were courteous and welcoming.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Lyle P, General Manager at The Landings St. Lucia, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Just want to say a big "thank you" for selecting The Landings for your family vacation. We are so pleased that everything was enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Urbana, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Just back from a FABULOUS stay at The Landings St. Lucia

I sincerely did not want to leave

The staff was very helpful; Francillia and Carina at the Front Desk and concierge were great with help around the resort as well as getting around the island

Clayma(sp) at the main restaurant was incredibly helpful.

All the staff was helpful and FUN!

I did not want to leave and will go back soon and stay longer

John

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us at The Landings. Thanks also for calling out our associates Francillia, Carina and Clayma. Fantastic to hear that you will come back soon and stay longer! We look forward to your return.
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Our family just returned from The Landings, St. Lucia. It is a beautiful place with very spacious beautifully decorated villas!! We would love to go back someday.

The private beach was very nice with water sports to enjoy. The hotel offers, Hobie (sails), Kayaks, and floating loungers for the beach area at no cost to the guest. They also have a daily visitor with a boat that will take you water tubing, water skiing or jet skiing at a low cost.

When we arrived at the resort to check in after a long trip (2 hours in traffic) from the airport. We were told that the ocean front room we booked was unavailable for 1 night and they would move us to another unit. We had booked a 2 bedroom Ocean Front, and they moved us to a 3 bedroom ocean view room for the first night. I complained about changing rooms, our room not being available but the front desk was very accommodating and gave us a discount on our first night. Thanks to Celwin at the front desk we were very pleased with our 3 bedroom ocean view room we didn't want to leave and stayed in the 3 bedroom the entire stay.

The beach club restaurant was great for breakfast/lunch/dinner. Although we did eat out several dinners. Every dinner we had on the resort was great! I would recommend staying Saturday night for the BBQ beach night, with fire eating entertainment. It was well worth the price of the BBQ buffet. On Tuesday nights they have a manager's reception from 5-6, it was a nice reception with open bar and passed appetizers. After the managers reception they host a pasta night buffet which was good food for the entire family. The wait staff at the restaurant go above and beyond with everything. Clayma, Cheryl and Gemma were always very friendly, helpful and we looked forward to seeing everyday. They worked most meals and also helped at the beach for drinks/snacks/lunch. Chef Pat did a great job making all the food. I would however add a few more items to the breakfast buffet for the price you pay per person. But, other then that everything was terrific.

The Villas were amazing how much space you have in a 3 bedroom. We had more room then we needed but enjoyed all the amenities of the villa. Full size kitchen, balconies, spacious bedrooms, bathrooms, washer/dryer, internet, and double locked doors for security. The resort is very spread out. The beach view and Ocean front rooms are about a 10 minute walk to the main lobby area. But, are within a 2 minute walk to the beach and restaurant.

A few small problems: The wifi in the beach club restaurant area did go out daily for a few hours. Our internet in our room went out several times. Also, our phone's in our room did not work for almost 24 hours. We did the online grocery ordering before we arrived, which turned out great to have food in our room when we arrived. Although there were a few items we never received, when I called they said they were out of the items.

Turn down service was great and they give water bottles to each person in the room. So don't turn them away because it's nice to have water bottles for the beach the next day. Room service had a nice menu and fast service, a relaxing way to take a break in the room.

Bring bug spray is a MUST, our entire family came back with several bug bites. Most resorts I have been at spray for bugs, but they do not so bring your bug spray or you will get bit.

They no longer have shuttle service to nearby Rodney Bay or the Marina. You need to take a taxi from the main lobby area. Which is very easy to get but some to charge more then others. We found one we enjoyed and requested him several times including taking us to the airport for our departure. Request Augustine @ 712-4680 he was wonderful and would answer any questions you may have about the island. I would set up the airport transfers with the hotel. It was nice to arrive at the airport with a sign with your name on it.

It is a nice walk over the the Pigeon Island Park area

The staff was awesome! I would recommend this resort to all my family and friends. Everything was beautiful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Lyle P, General Manager at The Landings St. Lucia, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for your stay with us recently. It was wonderful hearing so many great comments about our food - Thank You. Great also for mentioning three of our associates. We agree that we should have more breakfast offerings and I have passed your comments to our Culinary Team. We are sorry that the Internet service was not good. We are looking at some alternate providers for this. Your comments are all appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards from all of us at The Landings.
Toronto North
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband gave me a this vacation as a Christmas present and he never needs to give me another, he did so well with this.
The resort is about a 90 minute drive from the airport so we took a helicopter and arrived in time for cocktails!!! It was a perfect way to see the whole beauty of the island. When we arrived at the heliport, there was a driver waiting for us with the most amazing rum punch I have ever tasted. Not just a glass of it but a whole bottle for us......each.
As we drove in to the resort I could see that it was everything it professes to be on the website. The staff were so welcoming, it was like we'd come home. We had been in touch with the concierge by email and she assured us that everything we requested would be ready. She was absolutely right. Our suite was wonderful, bright, clean and well appointed with a view that we never tired of. We had a sunset view over the marina and we probably have a hundred pictures of it. The bed was wonderful and the bedding was high quality, a match made for comfort.
Our patio had a couple of lounges, a patio set for dining, and a hot tub.

The beach was nice, sandy and equipped with lots of lounges and umbrellas. There is a beach bar, so just put your little flag (provided at each lounge)into the sand and your wish will be granted.

We only ate at the Beach Restaraunt, part of the resort, but we enjoyed every meal we had there. We even had room service from there for which there is no extra charge as in most hotels.
There is another restaraunt in the main building but we didn't try it.Be mindful when tipping that there is an automatic 10% gratuity added to your bills.

Since all the beaches are public, you can walk in either direction and enjoy the sand between your toes. To the south was the village of Gros Islet and to the north you could walk to Pigeon Island and Fort Rodney. I am 60 and I've problems with my knees but the walk was not a problem for me.

I would not hesitate to refer this suggest to our friends a family.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the beach would allow sunset views. Marina views would be my next choice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lyle P, General Manager at The Landings St. Lucia, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
We can think of another present that your husband might give you - ANOTHER TRIP TO THE LANDINGS!
Thank you for telling about your experience. We also think that the helicopter and rum punch start is the best way to begin your time with us. Thank you for staying with us and thanks also for taking the time to write about it. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The family just returned from the best vacation we have taken to date. We have only been back two days and already are figuring out how quickly we can return to the Landings. The staff was terrific and very accommodating. Manager's Reception offered an opportunity to meet the Landings Senior Staff and other guests/owners. Chef Pat and her team delivered top notch breakfast/lunch/dinner and Xavier provided a great atmosphere at the Beachside restaurant including a fantastic show put on by a fire-eating quartet. Most memorable experience and we highly recommend it to families/couples/friends.

Smith Family

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
So wonderful to hear that you are already planning on coming back to The Landings. Thank you for your kind words and for calling out the names of some of our associates. We look forward to seeing you back soon.

Been to The Landings St. Lucia? Share your experiences!