“Best family vacation ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
40% off room rate
Ranked #3 of 16 hotels in Gros Islet
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Best family vacation ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This was my family's first adult vacation together. My parents, my sister, and myself were so excited about spending a week in paradise together. We plan the vacation six months in advanced. The added bonus is my sister lives in Houston, so we don't get to see her as often as would like. The trip for me and my parents started out rocky because our flight was delayed due to weather conditions so we ended up spending the night in Miami. I called the hotel to inform them of our delay and my sister arrival. My sister flight was on time and she spend the first night at the Landings by herself. The staff took excellent care of her. When we arrived the next day they greeted us with smiles, rum punch, and mentioned my sister by name. She had already made friends staff and they kept her entertained in our absence. We found her lounging by the hot tube, fully relaxed and satisfied.
We booked the grand harbor 3 bedroom suite, and I only have one word to described it. WONDERFUL! The views for the back and front balconies are breathtaking. The suite was clean and beautifully decorated. My father prefers cooking to eating out so the fully functional kitchen was great. The suite layout was great. We had enough room to hang out together and enjoy each other company or hang out in our own area of the suite and enjoy some quiet time. We are definitely coming back to St. Lucia and The Landings is our resort of choice.
The beach was literally only a few steps away from our room. We found the walk around the harbor enjoyable and relaxing. There wasn't enough time to due everything we would have to do. The food was good but the selection was limited. The service was outstanding, everyone was very accommodating and eager to please. We booked a number of excursion through concierge and tour guides were courteous and welcoming.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Lyle P, General Manager at The Landings St. Lucia, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Just want to say a big "thank you" for selecting The Landings for your family vacation. We are so pleased that everything was enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

412 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Urbana, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Just back from a FABULOUS stay at The Landings St. Lucia

I sincerely did not want to leave

The staff was very helpful; Francillia and Carina at the Front Desk and concierge were great with help around the resort as well as getting around the island

Clayma(sp) at the main restaurant was incredibly helpful.

All the staff was helpful and FUN!

I did not want to leave and will go back soon and stay longer

John

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us at The Landings. Thanks also for calling out our associates Francillia, Carina and Clayma. Fantastic to hear that you will come back soon and stay longer! We look forward to your return.
Miami, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Had an incredible stay with family in a 2 bedroom villa. The accommodations are terrific but the service was beyond incredible. We have numerous stories of five star service from our trip but two stories will suffice. First, my husband and I were dining at the beachfront restaurant with our two young children. The two year old started falling asleep just as our food arrived. Our husband left to take her back to the room. We asked our waitress to box up the food for him so that I could take it back to the room after my other daughter and I finished eating.

Our waitress would not hear it. She insisted that the food should remain plated (on china) because the food would not taste nearly as good. I explained that I would prefer it in a box because I would not be able to carry a tray while pushing a stroller. She started to smile and said that we would not be walking! She said that she would call a valet to bring a golf cart to transport us back to our villa with our tray. Sure enough, as we finished our meal, a valet was waiting to transport us back to the villa. When we arrived, he insisted on bringing the tray into the villa and setting up the meal for my husband in the dining room!

The second story - after our wonderful time at the Landings, we discovered that my daughter had left her stuffed animal in the villa! I emailed the Landings concierge two days after our arrival home to ask if housekeeping had found the stuffed animal. I received an email from Tim the concierge right away stating that the little dog had been found. Tim arranged to send the little dog right away and promised that the little dog would be in good hands. Before Tim packaged up the little dog to send via federal express, he took a picture of the little dog posing with a drink and the pitons in the background. He sent it with an email telling our daughter not to worry since she would soon be reunited with her favorite stuffed animal. It was unbelievably kind and thoughtful. These stories epitomize the professionalism and thoughtfulness of the staff at the Landings.

About the villas - they are ENORMOUS. The master bathroom was incredible (double sinks, separate tub and glass shower). The villa has top of the line amenities including a full kitchen (stainless steel appliances, ceramic cooktop). The villas are also impeccably decorated - we wanted to move in, permanently!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Lyle P, General Manager at The Landings St. Lucia, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for writing your review too! we had so much fun taking pictures of your daughter's stuffed toy animal - I think the animal's name was Wowie. Thanks also for your nice comments about the great service relating to your food. We always enjoy hearing about special steps taken by our associates. We look forward to welcoming you and your family (and stuffed animal) back to The Landings.
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Our family just returned from The Landings, St. Lucia. It is a beautiful place with very spacious beautifully decorated villas!! We would love to go back someday.

The private beach was very nice with water sports to enjoy. The hotel offers, Hobie (sails), Kayaks, and floating loungers for the beach area at no cost to the guest. They also have a daily visitor with a boat that will take you water tubing, water skiing or jet skiing at a low cost.

When we arrived at the resort to check in after a long trip (2 hours in traffic) from the airport. We were told that the ocean front room we booked was unavailable for 1 night and they would move us to another unit. We had booked a 2 bedroom Ocean Front, and they moved us to a 3 bedroom ocean view room for the first night. I complained about changing rooms, our room not being available but the front desk was very accommodating and gave us a discount on our first night. Thanks to Celwin at the front desk we were very pleased with our 3 bedroom ocean view room we didn't want to leave and stayed in the 3 bedroom the entire stay.

The beach club restaurant was great for breakfast/lunch/dinner. Although we did eat out several dinners. Every dinner we had on the resort was great! I would recommend staying Saturday night for the BBQ beach night, with fire eating entertainment. It was well worth the price of the BBQ buffet. On Tuesday nights they have a manager's reception from 5-6, it was a nice reception with open bar and passed appetizers. After the managers reception they host a pasta night buffet which was good food for the entire family. The wait staff at the restaurant go above and beyond with everything. Clayma, Cheryl and Gemma were always very friendly, helpful and we looked forward to seeing everyday. They worked most meals and also helped at the beach for drinks/snacks/lunch. Chef Pat did a great job making all the food. I would however add a few more items to the breakfast buffet for the price you pay per person. But, other then that everything was terrific.

The Villas were amazing how much space you have in a 3 bedroom. We had more room then we needed but enjoyed all the amenities of the villa. Full size kitchen, balconies, spacious bedrooms, bathrooms, washer/dryer, internet, and double locked doors for security. The resort is very spread out. The beach view and Ocean front rooms are about a 10 minute walk to the main lobby area. But, are within a 2 minute walk to the beach and restaurant.

A few small problems: The wifi in the beach club restaurant area did go out daily for a few hours. Our internet in our room went out several times. Also, our phone's in our room did not work for almost 24 hours. We did the online grocery ordering before we arrived, which turned out great to have food in our room when we arrived. Although there were a few items we never received, when I called they said they were out of the items.

Turn down service was great and they give water bottles to each person in the room. So don't turn them away because it's nice to have water bottles for the beach the next day. Room service had a nice menu and fast service, a relaxing way to take a break in the room.

Bring bug spray is a MUST, our entire family came back with several bug bites. Most resorts I have been at spray for bugs, but they do not so bring your bug spray or you will get bit.

They no longer have shuttle service to nearby Rodney Bay or the Marina. You need to take a taxi from the main lobby area. Which is very easy to get but some to charge more then others. We found one we enjoyed and requested him several times including taking us to the airport for our departure. Request Augustine @ 712-4680 he was wonderful and would answer any questions you may have about the island. I would set up the airport transfers with the hotel. It was nice to arrive at the airport with a sign with your name on it.

It is a nice walk over the the Pigeon Island Park area

The staff was awesome! I would recommend this resort to all my family and friends. Everything was beautiful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your stay with us recently. It was wonderful hearing so many great comments about our food - Thank You. Great also for mentioning three of our associates. We agree that we should have more breakfast offerings and I have passed your comments to our Culinary Team. We are sorry that the Internet service was not good. We are looking at some alternate providers for this. Your comments are all appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards from all of us at The Landings.
Toronto North
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband gave me a this vacation as a Christmas present and he never needs to give me another, he did so well with this.
The resort is about a 90 minute drive from the airport so we took a helicopter and arrived in time for cocktails!!! It was a perfect way to see the whole beauty of the island. When we arrived at the heliport, there was a driver waiting for us with the most amazing rum punch I have ever tasted. Not just a glass of it but a whole bottle for us......each.
As we drove in to the resort I could see that it was everything it professes to be on the website. The staff were so welcoming, it was like we'd come home. We had been in touch with the concierge by email and she assured us that everything we requested would be ready. She was absolutely right. Our suite was wonderful, bright, clean and well appointed with a view that we never tired of. We had a sunset view over the marina and we probably have a hundred pictures of it. The bed was wonderful and the bedding was high quality, a match made for comfort.
Our patio had a couple of lounges, a patio set for dining, and a hot tub.

The beach was nice, sandy and equipped with lots of lounges and umbrellas. There is a beach bar, so just put your little flag (provided at each lounge)into the sand and your wish will be granted.

We only ate at the Beach Restaraunt, part of the resort, but we enjoyed every meal we had there. We even had room service from there for which there is no extra charge as in most hotels.
There is another restaraunt in the main building but we didn't try it.Be mindful when tipping that there is an automatic 10% gratuity added to your bills.

Since all the beaches are public, you can walk in either direction and enjoy the sand between your toes. To the south was the village of Gros Islet and to the north you could walk to Pigeon Island and Fort Rodney. I am 60 and I've problems with my knees but the walk was not a problem for me.

I would not hesitate to refer this suggest to our friends a family.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the beach would allow sunset views. Marina views would be my next choice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lyle P, General Manager at The Landings St. Lucia, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
We can think of another present that your husband might give you - ANOTHER TRIP TO THE LANDINGS!
Thank you for telling about your experience. We also think that the helicopter and rum punch start is the best way to begin your time with us. Thank you for staying with us and thanks also for taking the time to write about it. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The family just returned from the best vacation we have taken to date. We have only been back two days and already are figuring out how quickly we can return to the Landings. The staff was terrific and very accommodating. Manager's Reception offered an opportunity to meet the Landings Senior Staff and other guests/owners. Chef Pat and her team delivered top notch breakfast/lunch/dinner and Xavier provided a great atmosphere at the Beachside restaurant including a fantastic show put on by a fire-eating quartet. Most memorable experience and we highly recommend it to families/couples/friends.

Smith Family

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
So wonderful to hear that you are already planning on coming back to The Landings. Thank you for your kind words and for calling out the names of some of our associates. We look forward to seeing you back soon.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Firstly, the website perhaps is silghtly misleading, as i was expecting to be in a hotel but with condos as part of the rest of the development. when in fact if you book a beachside suite you are a considerable distance from the reception,gym and spa and fine dining restaurant.

But asides from that our suite was superb. the general finishes inside the suite are of good quality. although the TV's are a bit antiquated and the furnishings are typical bulky American style. it could do with a more Mediterranean style furniture to give it a more relaxed feel. The bathrooms are very good and are kept well stocked each day with 4 fresh bath size towels which are of good quality.
The Housekeeping staff are all lovely and are only too pleased to do anything you ask of them and the suites are kept very clean.

The terrace was a fabulous size and was a lovely area to sit and relax with obviously (if you book beach view) a wonderful view of the ocean and the beautiful vista of the St Lucian coast.

The restaurant which you use for breakfast lunch and the occasional supper is the Beach Bar. the breakfast offering is not up to 5 star standard at all,although after talking to the new manager Lyle he is fully aware of this and is looking to implement changes as i write this. lunch is a limited menu although what i ate was served by the lovely staff all with a genuine smile and a willingness to please. i feel the lunch and dinner menu and quality of the food needs bringing up a quite a notch as it didn't have that 5 star feel.

The beach is exactly what you expect lovely fine sand and the beautiful carribean sea.
there is a dinghy transfer over to Pigeon Island at your request, which is a 5 minute ride.

We ate out most nights and i can highly recommend restaurants such as the Spice of India (superb)The Cap on the rock (excellent)The Edge (lovely location) Flame of the Grill (try it on Friday party night) which is very rustic and typically local Caribbean style and one last one is Chef Xavier which is in the mall at Rodney Bay.
A small gripe is (although i didn't use it) was getting a phone call on the second day from reception to say that the hotel was stopping the free transfers into Rodney bay with immediate effect, although clearly on the website before you go it states free transfers.so instead you use the hotels taxis (albeit these guys are not employed by the hotel) but for a two mile round trip the charge is 30 dollars.
Finally the free wireless only really works in the beach bar or the reception area, so unless you have a router with you, you will not get it in the suites.
Overall i found the Landings to be a very relaxing experience although i feel that it needs a few adjustments to make it truly a 5 star venue. but i must finish by completing the lovely staff who all appear to be genuinely interested in making your stay a happy and pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Book Beachside as the extra is worth it for the view.(just note its a 5 minute walk from the recepti...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay with us. Thanks also for your comments about our "superb suites". You mentioned some excellent Lucian restaurants and I can assure you that we are taking steps to also be the most sought after dining experience in St. Lucia. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Been to The Landings St. Lucia? Share your experiences!