My husband gave me a this vacation as a Christmas present and he never needs to give me another, he did so well with this.
The resort is about a 90 minute drive from the airport so we took a helicopter and arrived in time for cocktails!!! It was a perfect way to see the whole beauty of the island. When we arrived at the heliport, there was a driver waiting for us with the most amazing rum punch I have ever tasted. Not just a glass of it but a whole bottle for us......each.
As we drove in to the resort I could see that it was everything it professes to be on the website. The staff were so welcoming, it was like we'd come home. We had been in touch with the concierge by email and she assured us that everything we requested would be ready. She was absolutely right. Our suite was wonderful, bright, clean and well appointed with a view that we never tired of. We had a sunset view over the marina and we probably have a hundred pictures of it. The bed was wonderful and the bedding was high quality, a match made for comfort.
Our patio had a couple of lounges, a patio set for dining, and a hot tub.
The beach was nice, sandy and equipped with lots of lounges and umbrellas. There is a beach bar, so just put your little flag (provided at each lounge)into the sand and your wish will be granted.
We only ate at the Beach Restaraunt, part of the resort, but we enjoyed every meal we had there. We even had room service from there for which there is no extra charge as in most hotels.
There is another restaraunt in the main building but we didn't try it.Be mindful when tipping that there is an automatic 10% gratuity added to your bills.
Since all the beaches are public, you can walk in either direction and enjoy the sand between your toes. To the south was the village of Gros Islet and to the north you could walk to Pigeon Island and Fort Rodney. I am 60 and I've problems with my knees but the walk was not a problem for me.
I would not hesitate to refer this suggest to our friends a family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Landings is St. Lucia's premiere beach resort featuring one, two and three-bedroom all suite villas. Accomodations include full kitches, state-of-the-art amenities, private terraces and personal plunge pools. The resort offers, beachfront dining, a full array of water activities, 80-slip yacht harbor and Soleil Spa. Free Internet Beach Largest Suites north of St. Lucia ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Regatta Hotels, Splendia, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Landings St. Lucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Landings St. Lucia, a Rock Hotel Castries
- The Landings St. Lucia Gros Islet