“Beautiful Rooms, but needs some excitment” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Landings St. Lucia

Save Saved
You added The Landings St. Lucia to your Saves list
The Landings St. Lucia
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Pigeon Island Causeway | Cap Estate, Gros Islet CP5984, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #4 of 16 hotels in Gros Islet
New Haven, Connecticut
“Beautiful Rooms, but needs some excitment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I stayed at The Landings in St. Lucia in June. When I walked into my room, it was a WOW. I had one of the two bedroom suites in this all-suites resort. It was beautiful. It had a little kitchen, a dining area, two beautiful terraces, one with a jacuzzi and the other with a view of the beach. I didn't want to leave the room.

This is a perfect resort if you want to chill and not have the distractions of activities. It is very quite, which I am not a fan of, but there are a lot of people who like that. I say they need some tropical excitment there just to stir things up and make you feel like you are away. The staff was very nice and the food was pretty good. I will say that I did visit during their off season, but I can't think it would be drastically different during the busy season from what I was told by the staff who works there.

The drive to the resort was a bit long, but full of color. The roads are, let's say, let the locals drive. Don't rent a car. I am not of the faint of heart, but I was white-knuckling it all the way to the hotel and I wasn't driving.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms. I would opt for a room near the beach unless you like to be close to the l...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Lyle P, General Manager at The Landings St. Lucia, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay, and for taking the time to write about us too. Thanks for you fedback. It is always appreciated. We look forward to welcomimng you back soon.

460 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Just returned last night from a week at The Landings St. Lucia. We had a two bedroom, 2 1/2 bath with washer and dryer and full kitchen. The ocean view was spectacular. The bedding was cozy, the suite roomy - no complaints. We were close to the Beach Club restaurant and the beach. The beach is not very long but just beautiful. The resort is nestled between the most majestic mountains. We went water skiing and snorkeling right there and hiking up pigeon mountain. We ate several times at the Beach Club (they will bring lunch right to the beach if you prefer). The grouper was very good. We also ate at three local restaurants in Rodney Bay (a short cab ride away), Big Chef, Fire Grille and Chef Xavier - all were very good.
One thing to note, if you fly into Hewonorra Airport, it is almost a 2 hour ride to the resort. I highly recommend a helicopter tour that will get you to the closer airport in roughly 20-30 mins., and then the drive is not long at all. We did this on the way home and it was really fun.
All in all - the location is beautiful, the staff very nice and accommodating and the resort lovely. We hope to go back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Lyle P, General Manager at The Landings St. Lucia, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your stay with us, and for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Our associates delight in doing everything possible. Thanks also for the helicoptor tip. We agree that it's the best way to travel from the south to The Landings. We look forwrd to welcoming you back. If there is anything we can do, please contact us at info@landingsstlucia.com
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

This is our second visit here in four years. This is a little bit of paradise. The accommodation is second to none, we had a three bed ocean view apartment with a hot tub and the view out across the ocean is breathtaking. My only criticism would be the inconsistency in the restaurant at breakfast, that said we were in the Caribbean and you just have to chill! Just don't tell too many people about this secret place!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lyle P, General Manager at The Landings St. Lucia, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Thank you for staying with us again. it is always wonderful to welcome guests back to The Landings and to St. Lucia. Thanks also for your breakfast comments. Just recently, we have hired a new Director of Food and Beverage. He comes to us with world class expertise from managing operations in luxury hotels in five prior countries. We are truly developing a service and food offering which will rival the very best in the Caribbean. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back and showing you a highly elevated experience in our two restaurants.
Lone Tree, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our honeymoon at The Landings October 9-17th. I can't say enough how wonderful it was to stay here. The resort is peaceful and quiet, we upgraded to Ocean view room (highly recommended). The staff was amazing! We went during off season and enjoyed the serenity for sure. The rooms were clean, loved the grocery service,how easy it was to book excursions and how helpful the staff was. We were delighted by the food, it was amazing at both The Palms and The Beach Club. Loved the room service option. The spa was also amazing. We would highly recommend The Landings and we would definitely come back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay and also for taking the time to comment. We are so pleased that you chose us for this memorable time in your life. It is wonderful to hear your comments about our helpful associates and the ease of booking excursions. We delight in making your experience effortless. It is lovely to hear that you will recommend us too. Best regards and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Fleet
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I were looking for a quiet, service driven hotel with excellent accommodation. This is exactly what we received. I cannot over emphasise the friendliness of all the staff at The Landings. Nothing was ever too much trouble whether it was to do with the room, or in the restaurant as my wife is a vegetarian.

The room was really an apartment and very spacious comprising of two bedrooms, three bathrooms, a fully fitted kitchen, and facing the ocean. Very nice indeed.

Every facility was available to us although as the hotel was very quiet, one of the restaurants was not open every night. The food served in the brasserie style restaurant was always of a high standard and at a reasonable price. We used the gym daily, and generally the equipment is of a high spec although the treadmills look a little tired.

If I was being ultra critical, there are two things that I would point out to the picky visitor: Firstly, the air conditioning unit in the apartment was leaking a little, and the ceiling carried a watermark. Secondly, this is a resort hotel comprised of mainly privately purchased apartments. Some of the apartments are still under construction and whilst we didn't experience any noise whatsoever, they were clearly visible from many parts of the hotel.

The most important question I ask myself when I visit a hotel is would I go back? The answer is, we will definitely revisit The Landings

Room Tip: An ocean view is always delightful in the Caribbean.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lyle P, General Manager at The Landings St. Lucia, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
It was great reading your review - especially about our associate friendliness. Thanks. I have noted the room deficiencies and we will get them fixed - sorry. It is wonderful to hear that you would be happy to come back. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to The Landings. St. Lucia.
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Let me say firstly that I am a Father of a 16 year old boy and love kids. I also really like this hotel. Beautiful location, amazing service, ood food - the hotel room right on the beach with our own private hot tub could not be any better.
We love St Lucia and will come back to the Island I have no doubt. The only thing that has truly spoilt our week here is the complete lack of courtesy shown by the parents of several young children who quite frankly are a disgrace. The noice, the shrieking at all hours, the tantrums and the general disregard for those around is shameful and the hotel staff remain oblivious.
It may be that we're just unlucky this week. It may be that becuase it's a timeshare as well as a hotel, the children receive greater levels of lattitude.
My wife and son came here for winter sun in a quiet, relaxing setting. It is a beautiful place - it's just a shame that a number of ill mannered and in considerate parents allow their children to spoil what would otherwise be a woderful holiday

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for your recent stay with us and for the comments about "amazing service". I hear your comments about the parental control and our staff not responding to the kids. Sorry that your stay wasn't more comfortable and quiet. We have discussed with our Leadership Team and realize the balance between offering luxury-family accommodation with personalized adult experiences. I am confidant that awareness is heightened and that similar experiences won't recur. We hope that you won't judge us too harshly and will allow us an opportunity to have you with us again. Thanks again for staying with us.
Lagos, Nigeria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We went to the St. Lucia to celebrate a friend's 40th and stayed at the Landings for one week . We were truly awed by the accommodations and service until one of the staff that had brought breakfast on one of the mornings, came back to steal from us after we had gone out. This marred what would have been one of my best holidays. You read stories of walking in on hotel staff stealing from you and getting killed in the process. We could also have left someone from our party alone and she might have been attacked; this was a very very unnerving experience. We were told that the girl was an intern from a hospitality school and that she will be fired and my friend was reimbursed, but it was a scary experience. One just does not expect this from a hotel like The Landings. Before we went, one of my friends, had read a review from another traveler that was robbed (safe broken into) at the Landings. The Landings can do without this sort of reputation and I hope that all this is now history.

With the exception of this really nasty experience, everything else about our stay in the Landings was first class; we had our own personal heated jacuzzi on the balcony; the food was first class (all the restaurants and room service), the gym well fitted; the masseurs that came with their equipment to give us massages on our balcony did an amazing job; the cleaners were impersonal and efficient. The hotel also arranged for a personal tour guide to take us round the island; the pitons, the street party at night, and so much more. Pigeon Island is a must visit and is very close to the hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Lyle P, General Manager at The Landings St. Lucia, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for your review from November 2011. You stayed with us nearly a year ago, when The Landings was managed by Rock Resorts. Sorry for the frustration caused. I am the new GM here and The Landings is under new management. We are confident that all security precautions and measures are fully and rigorously in effect. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Been to The Landings St. Lucia? Share your experiences!