“Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Landings St. Lucia

Save Saved
You added The Landings St. Lucia to your Saves list
The Landings St. Lucia
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Pigeon Island Causeway | Cap Estate, Gros Islet CP5984, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #4 of 16 hotels in Gros Islet
london
“Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

This is our second visit here in four years. This is a little bit of paradise. The accommodation is second to none, we had a three bed ocean view apartment with a hot tub and the view out across the ocean is breathtaking. My only criticism would be the inconsistency in the restaurant at breakfast, that said we were in the Caribbean and you just have to chill! Just don't tell too many people about this secret place!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lyle P, General Manager at The Landings St. Lucia, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Thank you for staying with us again. it is always wonderful to welcome guests back to The Landings and to St. Lucia. Thanks also for your breakfast comments. Just recently, we have hired a new Director of Food and Beverage. He comes to us with world class expertise from managing operations in luxury hotels in five prior countries. We are truly developing a service and food offering which will rival the very best in the Caribbean. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back and showing you a highly elevated experience in our two restaurants.

448 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Lone Tree, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our honeymoon at The Landings October 9-17th. I can't say enough how wonderful it was to stay here. The resort is peaceful and quiet, we upgraded to Ocean view room (highly recommended). The staff was amazing! We went during off season and enjoyed the serenity for sure. The rooms were clean, loved the grocery service,how easy it was to book excursions and how helpful the staff was. We were delighted by the food, it was amazing at both The Palms and The Beach Club. Loved the room service option. The spa was also amazing. We would highly recommend The Landings and we would definitely come back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay and also for taking the time to comment. We are so pleased that you chose us for this memorable time in your life. It is wonderful to hear your comments about our helpful associates and the ease of booking excursions. We delight in making your experience effortless. It is lovely to hear that you will recommend us too. Best regards and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Fleet
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I were looking for a quiet, service driven hotel with excellent accommodation. This is exactly what we received. I cannot over emphasise the friendliness of all the staff at The Landings. Nothing was ever too much trouble whether it was to do with the room, or in the restaurant as my wife is a vegetarian.

The room was really an apartment and very spacious comprising of two bedrooms, three bathrooms, a fully fitted kitchen, and facing the ocean. Very nice indeed.

Every facility was available to us although as the hotel was very quiet, one of the restaurants was not open every night. The food served in the brasserie style restaurant was always of a high standard and at a reasonable price. We used the gym daily, and generally the equipment is of a high spec although the treadmills look a little tired.

If I was being ultra critical, there are two things that I would point out to the picky visitor: Firstly, the air conditioning unit in the apartment was leaking a little, and the ceiling carried a watermark. Secondly, this is a resort hotel comprised of mainly privately purchased apartments. Some of the apartments are still under construction and whilst we didn't experience any noise whatsoever, they were clearly visible from many parts of the hotel.

The most important question I ask myself when I visit a hotel is would I go back? The answer is, we will definitely revisit The Landings

Room Tip: An ocean view is always delightful in the Caribbean.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lyle P, General Manager at The Landings St. Lucia, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
It was great reading your review - especially about our associate friendliness. Thanks. I have noted the room deficiencies and we will get them fixed - sorry. It is wonderful to hear that you would be happy to come back. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to The Landings. St. Lucia.
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Let me say firstly that I am a Father of a 16 year old boy and love kids. I also really like this hotel. Beautiful location, amazing service, ood food - the hotel room right on the beach with our own private hot tub could not be any better.
We love St Lucia and will come back to the Island I have no doubt. The only thing that has truly spoilt our week here is the complete lack of courtesy shown by the parents of several young children who quite frankly are a disgrace. The noice, the shrieking at all hours, the tantrums and the general disregard for those around is shameful and the hotel staff remain oblivious.
It may be that we're just unlucky this week. It may be that becuase it's a timeshare as well as a hotel, the children receive greater levels of lattitude.
My wife and son came here for winter sun in a quiet, relaxing setting. It is a beautiful place - it's just a shame that a number of ill mannered and in considerate parents allow their children to spoil what would otherwise be a woderful holiday

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for your recent stay with us and for the comments about "amazing service". I hear your comments about the parental control and our staff not responding to the kids. Sorry that your stay wasn't more comfortable and quiet. We have discussed with our Leadership Team and realize the balance between offering luxury-family accommodation with personalized adult experiences. I am confidant that awareness is heightened and that similar experiences won't recur. We hope that you won't judge us too harshly and will allow us an opportunity to have you with us again. Thanks again for staying with us.
Lagos, Nigeria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We went to the St. Lucia to celebrate a friend's 40th and stayed at the Landings for one week . We were truly awed by the accommodations and service until one of the staff that had brought breakfast on one of the mornings, came back to steal from us after we had gone out. This marred what would have been one of my best holidays. You read stories of walking in on hotel staff stealing from you and getting killed in the process. We could also have left someone from our party alone and she might have been attacked; this was a very very unnerving experience. We were told that the girl was an intern from a hospitality school and that she will be fired and my friend was reimbursed, but it was a scary experience. One just does not expect this from a hotel like The Landings. Before we went, one of my friends, had read a review from another traveler that was robbed (safe broken into) at the Landings. The Landings can do without this sort of reputation and I hope that all this is now history.

With the exception of this really nasty experience, everything else about our stay in the Landings was first class; we had our own personal heated jacuzzi on the balcony; the food was first class (all the restaurants and room service), the gym well fitted; the masseurs that came with their equipment to give us massages on our balcony did an amazing job; the cleaners were impersonal and efficient. The hotel also arranged for a personal tour guide to take us round the island; the pitons, the street party at night, and so much more. Pigeon Island is a must visit and is very close to the hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Lyle P, General Manager at The Landings St. Lucia, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for your review from November 2011. You stayed with us nearly a year ago, when The Landings was managed by Rock Resorts. Sorry for the frustration caused. I am the new GM here and The Landings is under new management. We are confident that all security precautions and measures are fully and rigorously in effect. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Wantagh, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

First arrived and where pleasantly pleased to have been upgraded to a 2 bedroom 3 bathroom balcony ocean view. Given its the off season and there really wasnt anyone there they still operated as a full service hotel and were happy to upgrade us. The beach is amazing but first I want to recommend one outstanding service that this hotel provides. I met a man named Peter Willie who set up an entire day that would have been wasted Sunday on our trip. Introduced us to owin Antoine owner of Off The Beaten path taxi and tours, He made every experience through out the day to safire 10x better. Not only does he drive 1 of 4 dodge magnums on the island 'turns heads' but he is very knowledgeable and knows the island inside out. Not to often do you have a taxi/tour guide who jumps in the water falls with you. If you stay definitely call him it will make your trip!!!! There is plenty to do here if you like snorkeling I recommend you bring gear and snorkel the reef near pigeon island an old 1700 fort built by the British. 5 mins away from hotel they drive you buy boat my last day pigeon island was closed so my hotel dropped my off in the ocean and me and my g/f snorkeled and collected dead coral and picked us up 2 hours before checkout. They offer top service and great food never mind beautiful from inside out definitely I reccomendation!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lyle P, General Manager at The Landings St. Lucia, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Wow. Great that you called out our guy Peter...he is fantastic and it is always wonderful hearing about him. Hope you come back soon.
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Many years ago I spent a few months in St. Lucia, so when it was time to book my holiday this year I decided it was time to re visit one of my favourite places in the world again. The Rodney Bay area has a special place in my heart... I've been to a lot of nice beach areas around the globe, but Rodney Bay has something special. I booked my stay at The Landings and had one of the best experiences you could possibly have on this island, no kidding! Thank you to all the management and staff! The staff were very friendly, helpful and competent. The food and drinks were fabulous. The views from the rooms is nothing short of stunning, making it one of the most romantic places you will find. The property has a very new, modern feel. Wait till you see the sunsets from the open air beach club! The rooms and villas are top notch with nice, classy finishings making you feel totally at home. There's lots to do for activities, both in the water and out of the water as well. Simply an amazing experience!!!

I have to share another experience. I met two couples on the beach at the Landings who had a rough start to their vacation that began at other resorts. My advice... keep in mind that while St Lucia is truly a paradise, there are a some resorts in St. Lucia that are getting a bit "tired". Anyhow, both couples arrived in St. Lucia a few days prior to my arrival and had booked into 2 different resorts in the general area. They were very disappointed with "other" choices and one couple even contemplated flying home after 24 hours. Luckily, they had both called the Landings to try and salvage their vacations, where the staff immediately accommodated them by taking them in and turning their vacations into amazing experiences. I became good friends with these folks and it was nice to see the smiles on their faces for the remainder of their stay in St. Lucia.

What more can i say about The Landings... the management and staff genuinely want to make sure you have a fantastic St. Lucia vacation experience! No doubt I will return to St Lucia one day again, and I will be staying at The Landings!!! :)

Neil

Room Tip: If you can get it, the beach front units are really worth it with the amazing views and private plun...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Lyle P, General Manager at The Landings St. Lucia, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
It was great having you as our guest. Thanks for telling your story about the two found couples. I enjoyed speaking with all of you. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Lyle

Been to The Landings St. Lucia? Share your experiences!