“This isn't a fancy spa, but it's cozy and a short bus ride to a lot of hot spots” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Alize Inn

Save Saved
You added Alize Inn to your Saves list
Alize Inn
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   Mongiraud, Gros Islet, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #12 of 17 Gros Islet B&B and Inns
Sacramento, Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed here only 1 night- we needed to be closer to the ferry terminal than our other hotel. It's a tricky beast to find, I was glad we didn't have to navigate the steep hill it is perched on in a rental car. We showed up super early and they were cool with it- they let us stash our suitcases while they cleaned the room. The room itself was kind of odd shaped and had this giant bed, plus a set of bunk beds. I kind of wish I had been travelling with more people just to make use of all of the beds in the room! The shower was ok- the door didn't close all the way, but there wasn't a giant puddle when I got out. The kitchen rocked. I was so glad to have it. We ended up going to the mall and going grocery shopping there, and then made a tasty feast at the hotel. There was everything I needed, and then some (except dish soap and dish towels). It was so easy to catch a bus- there is a stop across the street and it is only $1.50 East Caribbean each way. So we went to the mall which was like a 10 minute ride, did some grocery shopping and walked to Reduit beach.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Birmingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Upon arrival the room we booked and paid for way in advance wasn't available even though we were assured it would be ready by 3pm. However we had to settle for a room which we hadn't booked. Due to travelling and feeling exhausted we took the room. After entering the room we notices a few issues 1.the room had a damp smell 2.bathroom was dirty 3.shower head was faulty, 4. Rooms were not serviced on time. The management's excuse was staff does not work on a weekend or holiday. Due to my bad experience i will not be returning or recommending it to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

I stayed here as the other place I was at was too expensive, and the internet is always down. They are very reasonable and they have internet! Also, there's breakfast and a great selection from their menu as well for lunches and dinners. I highly recommend this property. Very accomodating for my requests and helped me out with everything I needed. I even met a friend from Barbados there too! Say "Hi" from Randy (from Riviere Mitan) for me!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

We stayed at Alize Inn from the 29 July until the 12th of August 2011. From the moment we arrived we were shown great hospitality, all our needs were meet. We travelled with two teenagers and two children aged 3 and 5 and all were content and happy with the facilities and the food. The rooms we occupied, which were three in total were amazing, big comfortable beds, very clean and tidy everything that you would require and need was at hand I loved the showers. After a long relaxing day at Reduit beach the children enjoyed chilling and relaxing watching satellite television. As I had two young children I was offered a kitchenette which was more practical for me, for when I could not make it in time for breakfast. it has a big fridge, micro wave, kettle, some light refreshments, new modern pots and pans cups saucers iron and iron board and plus all the other amenities mention on the site. The location was ideal you was only a short ride to the gorgeous beach and Rodney bay where you will be spoilt for choice with restaurants and bars and super markets. The shopping mall is also a great place to visit. The taxi service and buses are always on time and the people extremely friendly and helpful. I do not often visit the same place twice however in this case I will be returning twice next year. for the jazz festival in May and for the annual family holiday in July when I will be staying a little longer. The only problem I had was wishing I could stay an extra week! highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
San Fernando, Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2010

Excellent Service, My wife and I stayed at the Alize Inn Hotel for our vacation. We were met with a a clean room and courteous service. There is a mini fridge in the room, a KING size bed, desk, rocking chair, closet, cable television, alarm clock, lamps and air condition. They provide an excellent breakfast with fruit, coffee/tea, juice, toast and other stuff. This hotel is about 5 minutes from the Rodney bay Mall and about 10 min from Castries. I recommend this place 100%

Jason & Shirnette Charles (Trinidad and Tobago)

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Oxford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

The owners are very friendly and accomodating who speak fluent english and french. Ofen late for breakfast but the owners would aowys prepare us something diffenrnt and nice to eat.

The room was very clean and spacious, with AC fridge,TV,Radio,mini and seperate bathroom. There is also pleanty of closet space and a very big comfy double bed with a nice balconly which over looks some of the island

The Inn is not far from the city of Gros Islet or Rodney Bay which are both apx 5/10 mins driving. The Inn is located on a main road which is great if you do not have a car as the local buses and vans run right outside this location. The traffic from the main road is not a disturbance as the Alize Inn is up a hill off the main road.

The big comfy bed is amazing and is one of the best features along with the view from the balcony. I didnt find any faults in this accomodation but did find the drive up to the Inn a little tricky in the rain. However I did find a great reliable taxi for the days I did not have a car who was a great tour guide tel no [--]

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Alize Inn? Share your experiences!