“You can just go for the Sushi...” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 60 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Cuisines: Sushi, Caribbean, European, Eclectic
Dallas, Texas
“You can just go for the Sushi...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I had not realized what I had walked into when I went to this restaurant. I knew that it would be upscale but I was expecting it to be a little more casual then it was. We had just finished spending the day at Rodney Bay. I did not feel like going all the way home to get all dressed up and then drive all the way back. So we waited until the restaurant opened for dinner. (~6:30) So we arrive and literally the place is empty except for one table. Of course they ask if we have a reservation and of course we don’t. We are seated right next to the bay with an incredible view. They give us the menu and my mouth drops when I see the prices of the dinners. This place is a bit on the expensive side. But really all we were there was for was some Sushi. They had the sushi details only one page of the menu. We opted for the Chef’s Special Rolls Platter ($125 EC ~ $47 dollars) and some hot sake. There was no explanation of the rolls that you would be getting. All it said was “A daily composed mix of 3 exclusive rolls:Maki, Nori maki, Oramaki or Futomaki Served with Tataki”…okay I am fine with this but really a explanation of that these terms means would have been nice. Having said all of that the Sushi rolls that came out where exceptional. The perfect combination of both raw and cooked Sushi and it was the perfect amount for both of us. Fresh, delish and well worth it the visit to the restaurant. We gave out compliments directly to the Sushi chef. We thought it was even better than some places we tried in the US and the value was excellent as well. I think if I was to go to this restaurant again I would have dressed up more and probably made reservations.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Manchester
“Pricey though loved the beautiful & unusual food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Beautiful though expensive dining in a delightful hidden waterfront location. Food was stunningly presented. The rack of lamb was delicious. Main courses about £30 (or about $45 US) A little hard to find as its at the back of the Harmony Suites Hotel on Flamboyant Avenue in Rodney Bay. Worth it though.

Visited June 2013
Chaguanas
“Magnificence!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Chef Bobo's eurobbean cuisine is nothing short of culinary excellence.

Location: This restaurant is located on the water's edge of the Rodney Bay Marina, right in the heart of Rodney Bay. It is behind Harmony Suites (on their compound) and is off the main road. It is very accessible from hotels around Rodney Bay and is a short 15 minute walk from public transportation. There is parking available, though not very much.

Ambience: The setting is incredibly romantic, although the waterside seating can become a bit windy for my taste. The lighting (both inside the restaurant and filtering from around the Marina) is charming. The restaurant is clean and tidy. The bar is a bit dated and could benefit from some fresh, unique glass work.

Service and Staff: What can I say but great things? I got the distinct impression that the staff enjoyed their jobs and enjoyed working at the restaurant as their positivity permeated their service. They made you feel special. They were friendly, knowledgeable and, it can't be said often enough, they tried! They were chatty when invited so to be and they were non-intrusive when preferred. The service was charming and my wife and I enjoyed it. Our server also took a fantastic picture of us (several times, to make sure she got it right). Service was always with a smile. The drink delivery was prompt and much appreciated.

Food: Eclectic and world class are two terms that come to mind. The appetizers were unique and gorgeously presented (a spectacular treat for the eyes and mouth. The sushi bar did not feel out of place at all and the quality was a welcome surprise! Very tasty and great presentation yet again!. The King Fish was perfectly cooked for my main course and my wife enjoyed her lamb, even though it was a little on the medium side when she requested medium rare.

For dessert, we enjoyed a trio of creme brulee which you really must experience.

All in all, The Edge was our favourite restaurant on the island, and we ate several of the high end ones.

The prices were not cheap, but not out of the ordinary for this level of stylish cuisine.

Kudos to Chef Bobo and all his staff. We would love to meet you in person next time!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
romford
“Simply The Best....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I've been going to the Edge now since 2008..It still remains my favourite restaurant in Rodney Bay, Although i only went once this visit due to Bobo's involvement at the Fire Grill with the Jazz Shows that they were putting on,I actually spent most of my time there. Once the Jazz ended we visited this wonderful eaterie with some friends, starting with some delightful and well thought out Cocktails at the welcoming bar..then being seated by the waterfront by the ever attentive Stacey whom we have known from our very first visit.
The starters,mains & desserts were as stunning in presentation and taste as always...Bobo is as consistant as from the day i first met him. He is the most delightful and knowledgeable host as we shared a few bottles of wine watching the ripples on the water from the fish and a truly memorable evening slip away....We will return and highly recommend a visit for that special night out.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Richfield, Ohio
“Simply Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

First, let's dispense with the $. This is an island resort location, so everything here is more expensive (except rum). A meal this good in NYC would be about the same except that the wine would have been slightly cheaper. Worth every cent!

We were here in late may, so it was very quiet. We got table #33 (as requested) at the waters edge with no railing so that you have an even more harbor based feeling. We had arrived an hour earlier and waited at the bar. We were treated as if we were regulars for the moment we arrived.

From the complimentary chilled asparagus soup tasting, through the trio of ceviche appetizer, on to the butter grilled shrimp entrée for my wife and my pork tenderloin, the presentation, the preparation, the flavor and textures were outstanding!

The service was just right, attentive without being intrusive. Decor and ambiance first class irregardless of it being on a relatively small island. This place would score well in Miami, La Jolla, etc

We were very lucky that the sushi bar was closed on Monday night, now we have an even better reason to go back this week.

Visited May 2013