This , our second visit to the Bay Gardens Beach Resort Hotel was , if anything , better than our stay last year. This is due , in part , to the warmth of the welcome we received on our return. It was almost like coming home ! The staff there , without exception , are among the most friendly people I have encountered in many years of foreign travel. The BGBR is an ideally situated Beach Front Hotel with a level of comfort and convenience which I would say is second to none in Rodney Bay. It has a Beach Bar where you can shelter from the heat of the day with a cool beer or sip cocktails whilst watching a beautiful sunset during the evening Happy Hour. In addition to the usual facilities e.g. Pool , Restaurants , Free Wifi which are all excellent , the Hotel also has a Water Sports Centre where you can participate in Sailing Snorkeling , Scuba Diving etc. It also runs a Water Taxi Service to Pigeon Island - a National Trust property - which is a must for snorkeling , walking , and also steeped in history. Whilst I am full of plaudits for this Hotel , there is one small difficulty that they need to address and that is the closing time of the main bar at night. It is far too early. You've returned from dinner somewhere and would like to have a drink or two and chat to friends that you've made during your stay but in no time at all (10.00pm - 10.30pm) they have stopped serving drinks. I guess that a lot of residents return to their rooms to continue drinking , but that is not my style. Having aired my complaint , it must be said that , on balance , the BGBR is a very good hotel and I'm considering returning there next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bay Gardens Beach Resort is an all-suite hotel with magnificent views of the stunning Caribbean Sea. The architecture of this private boutique and hip hotel is reminiscent of its colonial past, with a mixture of both Caribbean-French and Georgian plantation style, incorporating traditional elements of timbered balconies and verandas for that true Caribbean ambiance. This resort provides a luxurious and relaxing environment for guests with every possible modern facility. Suites are complete with full kitchens, modern bathroom fixtures and living and dining areas. All feature cable TV, DVD and CD players, high-speed internet access and Wi-Fi. The Bay Gardens Beach Resort... Your Window to Paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Bay Gardens Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Gardens Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Bay Gardens Beach Castries
- Bay Gardens Beach Resort St. Lucia/Gros Islet