“Great Place To Relax” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bay Gardens Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Bay Gardens Beach Resort to your Saves list
Bay Gardens Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Reduit Beach, Rodney Bay Village | Box 1892, Gros Islet, St. Lucia   |
Special Offer
Save 35% + FREE Transfers
Ranked #2 of 16 hotels in Gros Islet
Defiance, Missouri
“Great Place To Relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

The resort was just what we were looking for - it was a great place to relax. Anice was very helpful answering all my questions and setting up a driver to pick us up at the airport. Lloyd our driver gave us details about the island as we made our way to the resort. Lester our concierge checked on us each day multiple times to ensure there was nothing we needed. Room was clean, pool was great, sunsets were amazing on the beach. Nadia from LeMer Spa was wonderful. Massages and body scrubs are the best ever. We felt safe walking into town each night for dinner or to get groceries. Don't just stay on the resort get out an explore the wonderful island. Hoping to be back next year!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
baygardensresorts, Manager at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
We’ll start the countdown till your next visit from now! We appreciate this lovely review and truly look forward to seeing you again.

945 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
Gros Islet, St. Lucia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I would like to share my bay garden experience . Every morning I bring my 8 month old son for a walk to the beach where hotel is situated. Usually it is about 7-8 am , so there are absolutely nobody using beach chairs , simply coz no one is on the beach. As I and you know , beach chairs for the guests only , but if I am a bit tired holding a baby I sow no harm to sit on one of them for , literally, 30 min the most. I never bothered anybody till yesterday , when one security guard , named Francis, sow me and my son sleeping on the chair , he approached and with very rude and loud voice woke my son up . I know in his , so called "mind" he thinks that he is doing his job by chasing me with small sleeping baby from the only one occupied beach chair, I went to the hotel manager and pointed out that , just may be he could have used a different approach , may be give me a benefit of doubt , may be I or my 8 months old son just don't feel too well and using a little rest , possible?
Never the less , today I came back and at some point , after less than a minute me sitting , Francis started to chase me away by ... pulling beach chair out with me sitting on it with the baby ?! In front of the hotel guests ?!
After that he just followed me like prizoner's guard around the beach , just to make sure that I don't sit on the any chair ( all chairs had no guests on it still)
Now , I know , by the rules he is doing his , so called , job , but does he really ??? It is also sad that hotel management took his side on this one ,

Come and spend your vacation in this hotel , coz one thing is for sure - your beach chairs are safe ! :)

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Le Morne-Rouge, Martinique
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I love the very friendly and attentive staff at the Bay Gardens Resort and the spacious and very clean rooms there. It is really fun to have the possibility to come back soon.
-> "Saint Lucia we love !!"

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The resort had great amenities for families - 1 and 2 bedroom condos, washer/dryer on site, great pool, beach front, and a lovely playground, oh, also a gym :) We stayed for a week. Everyday, there are different activities on site. The entire hotel staff were hospitable. Lester, the concierge, really goes out of his way to make sure all the guests are having a wonderful time. LeMer Spa has excellent masseuses - Helena and Nadia. They are not large in stature but can deliver an excellent deep tissue massage! We are still relaxed a week later! HiTide is wonderful for breakfasts, lunches, and dinners - Jerk Chicken and Calamari are among our favorites there. We did not much prefer Trios. Our favorite restaurants in Rodney Bay, besides HiTide, are Big Chef (steak house) and Spice of India (excellent India food with all the right, fresh spices).

As for the island. It is an impressive little mountainous island. People are proud and warm. There is always trade wind that helps cool you down, no matter where you are on the island! Snorkelling, hiking, and visiting the rain forest (zip lining), are among some of the wonderful activities outside of the resort. We visited the Pigeon Island 2 days, for snorkelling and hiking. It is a lovely place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We’ve definitely tried to include as much as we can to make families that stay with us as comfortable as they would be back at home. It’s wonderful to hear that you’re still relaxed and hopefully it doesn’t wear off too soon!
Thank you so much for staying with us and leaving this wonderful review. We would love to have you visit the island and our resort again.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

All good and agree with other recent reviews. Room large, clean and comfy. Staff helpful and friendly. Beautiful beach. Food at hotel was on the pricey side but about the same as other eateries in the area. Management were exceptionally helpful and accommodating. I have only one criticism: right at the end of our stay we were invited to have breakfast with one of the management team to 'discuss our holiday'. We thought (maybe naively) that trips or repeat stays we're going to be plugged. We met our 'date' who took us to meet her friend and then vanished into thin air. We were left with what turned out to be a timeshare sales person for nearly two hours. Shame - I would have given the hotel 5 if it hadn't been for this. I don't like being duped. I would recommend you to try this hotel, but don't accept an invitation to a meal with someone you think you've struck up a raport with.

Room Tip: We had a room away from the pool and beach and it was great - very private and still less than a min...
Grafton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Went with family of five.........After a long, not glamorous ride from the airport, you arrive with a welcoming rum punch and the beauty of the hotel., so much fun, the pool is amazing, the beach is nice, you will get approached daily about something to buy, straw hats, food, jet skis, but the hotel security steps up immediately. The hotel landscape is stunning and the staff (Lester and Jackie) exceeds all needs, they work tirelessly to make sure everything is going smoothly for you.. the rooms are nice and the bathroom is as big as a bedroom..... Every night there was a steel drum band on the beach., there are many sightseeing trips, my favorite breakfast place was Rituals Coffee down the street, it is different , but we had a safe trip. My husband had the best time!!.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
waterford, michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We just returned from our one week stay at Bay Gardens Beach Resort on St. Lucia. The resort was four star as advertised. We were met by a friendly staff and provided with a welcoming rum punch. We were taken to our third floor room in the conch shell building. This was a perfect location with a fantastic pool and ocean view. We had a one bedroom suite and it was spacious. The staff cleaned our room every day and it was as if we were new arrivals every day. The pool is beautiful although the water was a little warm. The beach was fantastic with plenty of shade and plenty of chairs. We were there during their slow season and we practically had the beach to ourselves. My wife and I would highly recommend a stay at The Bay Gardens Beach Resort.

Room Tip: The beach front room would be our first choice, but any third floor pool view room would be an excel...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
baygardensresorts, Manager at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
We’re extremely happy to see that you had a fantastic stay with us. Thank you for your kind review and we truly appreciate the recommendations. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Been to Bay Gardens Beach Resort? Share your experiences!