“Superb for the price. Almost faultless.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bay Gardens Beach Resort

You added Bay Gardens Beach Resort to your Saves list
Bay Gardens Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Reduit Beach, Rodney Bay Village | Box 1892, Gros Islet, St. Lucia   |
Offers & Announcements
20% off room rate
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Gros Islet
Amersham, United Kingdom
“Superb for the price. Almost faultless.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Very good value. Can't fault position, cleanliness or friendliness. We stayed bed only as there are an excellent choice of good restaurants within walking distance and we prefer to choose where to eat (see my restaurant reviews if interested).

ROOM TIP - top floor "pool view" rooms are best. Many have also got a really good ocean view and are well away from all the stray cats. Ours was 612 with afternoon sun on the balcony and wonderful views of the sunset over the ocean every evening. We requested this room based on previous reviews by telephone a few days before arrival and they were happy to help.

Rather than repeat all the valid compliments paid in other reviews I shall only mention the couple of minor complaints:

1) Television sets are old, worn-out and with badly distorted sound. We asked to change sets, which was done promptly, but for a set that was just as bad. A small investment would make a big difference to guests' comfort.

2) Wi fi is advertised in every room. I'm typing this on my balcony which is the only place I get anything like acceptable Internet. If you need wi fi don't go for a top floor room (612).

3) The gym is just about adequate, but on several mornings the water was empty. In this heat that's just not acceptable, and despite repeated requests it took a strong complaint on the third day before this was resolved. The only sign we saw of shoddy housekeeping as everything else is very well maintained.

Really no other negatives. A very good choice and heartily recommended, but do book room only - this resort is a foodie's paradise and is well worth exploring.

• Stayed February 2013
baygardensresorts, Manager at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to leave this review, we certainly appreciate your feedback. We’re currently in the process of replacing the old television sets in our rooms with completely new ones. Many of our rooms have already been fitted with them. We’re also undergoing a further wi fi system upgrade to fix the issue of limited connectivity in certain areas. We’ll also ensure that our water supply at the gym is always replenished.
Again, thank you for staying with us and for your recommendation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

This was our first time staying at Bay Gardens Beach Resort and Spa. I read many of the reviews prior to our stay, and was wondering how accurate they could be. Well, they were quite accurate. All of the staff we had contact with seemed to be sincerely friendly, not just pretending. Two examples of the service we received seem to sum up everything about this resort: I went to the front deck to exchange US currency for EC. The young lady did not have sufficient EC on hand. Rather than just inform me of this, she took my money, walked out the front door, and returned a short time later with the EC. There must have been a bank nearby, and she walked there to exchange my currency, rather than just say they had insufficient funds on hand. This was above and beyond anything I would have expected. Another example of the exceptional service occurred at the pool bar. We stopped by for a nightcap, and I asked Elran, the bartender, if he had Jameson Irish Whiskey. He did not. He had the next day off, but upon his return, he saw me, called me by name, and held up a bottle of Jameson. Unbelievable! One other thing I need to mention: We had the Creole fish and chips at the beach bar. This may have been the best fish I have eaten in my life. The flavors were wonderful. Our room was a suite with ocean view. What a room. We would sit on the balcony in the morning, enjoy a cup of coffee, and watch the waves roll in. Spectacular. Everything seemed very well maintained throughout the entire property. There was always plenty of room at the pool, and seats seemed to be available on the beach as well. I really can't seem to come up with any negatives regarding this property. We are already planning our return next year.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
We truly appreciate your kind words. Our team always tries their best to provide outstanding service to all of our guests and we are proud of them for that reason. We are eagerly looking forward to your next visit!
Grand Cayman
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I spend 4 days in St. Lucia at the Bay Gardens Beach Resort, a 3 star hotel, will good size rooms and ameneties. The property could use some TLC [tender love and care] the beach is great, the front best staff is good, ask for Olive. In the restaurant the quality of the presentation is average, while the selection is good. Very peaceful and trouble free area.

Room Tip: Ocean front hight floor [3 strogare high], but there is no elevators, nice walk up.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
baygardensresorts, Manager at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. A small correction, The Bay Gardens Beach Resort is a four star property. We are constantly working to provide touch-ups to this young property where necessary and we would welcome specific feedback on what areas you think require this.
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I just returned from another fantastic stay at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, and just when you think it can't get better than before, it does! If you are deciding whether or not to stay here, decision over. Book it. You won't regret it. In my extensive travels, I have never ever stayed anywhere where I received such wonderful treatment as I did here. They cannot do enough for you and it isn't a forced friendliness, it is 100% genuine, starting first and foremost with Ms. Cheryl Gustave!! Wow, what a truly lovely lady, and all the staff at reception who truly make you feel like you're part of one big family! Thank you all!

Upon check in, there were a few minor issues with our room and some of the things I requested, and these issues were fixed quickly, efficiently and with a smile and almost literally bending over backwards to make sure you're happy. Now that's impressive!! Thank you, Kenny, for all your help! What a gem you are to the resort.

You can't ask for anything more in a resort...a very roomy, lovely and clean room with terrific views that is steps from a beautiful pool....steps from a beautiful beach....steps from the resort's restaurant and bars....and steps from many great restaurants and bars outside the resort. The location is perfect!

I would be remiss if I didn't mention a few of the staff who made our stay even that much better. Elran and Ali, who I've known from previous visits, and who continue to be some of the best bartenders ever and go that extra extra extra step for you! Thank you, guys!!! Vidal and Joan are relatively newer to the BGBR, and I can't say enough about them!! Just talking to Joan every day made us happier and she always made sure we were taken care of! Vidal went way above and beyond for us and worked so hard. Thank you all soooooo very much. What a credit you all are to the BGBR!! I don't know what kind of training you do at the BGBR, but all the staff are excellent!! And I know from personal experience at other resorts that the staff can make or break a vacation! So kudos to all the staff at BGBR!

I think the best testament to how great a place is would be "Would you come back." I met several first time guests while there and each and every one of them said in a heartbeat and truly meant it. I think that says it all!!

So, once again, thank you to everyone and I will see you soon!!!

Kara

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
baygardensresorts, Manager at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
And we want to thank you for staying with us once again. The quality and character of our team is innate and this is something we would not be able to train them to do. We’re always very pleased to see that our team members are making our guests smile and enjoy their vacations to the fullest. The team would love to see you again!
Charleston, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Just returned (1/28/13) from St. Lucia and BGB Resort. This ranks as one of our favorite properties during years of travel. The location is ideal both for beach access and closeness of restaurants and nightlife. The rooms are large, clean, cool, and comfortable. Our particular room had a kitchen, dinette, separate bedroom and 1 1/2 baths. The entire staff was very nice and accomodating. Within 2 days they knew us by name. They were genuinely glad we chose their hotel and went out of their way to make sure our experience was a good one.

The beach. Perfectly lovely and I have the photos to prove it. I've read the reviews of this beach with complaints about the locals trying to sell things to the tourists. Yes, they do. They are pleasant, a good source of information, and interesting to talk to. If you don't wish to purchase, they understand and will not bother you. We consider it a perk of travel to visit with locals.

Restaurants: Eaterys are close and quite good. This hotel is in a prime spot for Rodney Bay restaurants and night life. Very little need to take a cab to dinner. I've read that the restaurants seem expensive. I found them comprable to or less expensive than up scale restaurants in the U.S.

Bottom line on this vacation is: Lovely island, friendly people who love their home and enjoy sharing it with the tourist trade, great hotel, good food. You can't ask much more than that.

Room Tip: Best room on the property: Ocean front, upper floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed here for 10 nights from before Christmas through New Years. Traveling quite a bit, this was one of, if not the best, island visit we have ever had. We like activity, exploring and meeting the local people. Whether you enjoy these same things or just like to take it easy Rodney Bay and particularly Bay Gardens Beach Resort is absolutely the place to stay in St. Lucia.

We had a wonderful upper floor beach view. Really enjoyed being able to sit out, feel the nice breeze and soak in the incredible view. Everything was very accessible; restaurants, dance clubs (karaoke seems to be a big island favorite), water sports, downtown for shops and groceries. There is a great little casino that offers gaming, sports (we are big football fans), cocktails etc.). The farthest to walk is one mile which by the way was great daily exercise.

A few highlights other than the various experiences (ie: mud baths in Soufriere) and towns to see in St. Lucia were walking down and visiting mama at Maries at the end of the beach. Small local place to get great food and drinks. Very cool. Mama will make anything you want (fresh) while you wait. If you go there tell her the blonde and her boyfriend from last December say hi. Also, for anything you want (tours, etc.) ask for Sammy at the Segway rental place. Great way to see the island is to hire a cab for the day and go see everything you want.

Saving the best for last… "The wonderful Staff". Berthia, general manager, and her staff go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable and that you have the experience you came for. Really felt we gained many friends and look forward to seeing them all again. Special hellos and shout outs to Cheryl, Jackie and Jackie (also),Olive, and Vincent (thanks for convincing me to not go in the water when I had a few).

Room Tip: Top floors overlooking beach
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
The entire team thanks you for staying with us and they loved receiving such positive feedback. Remember, you’re part of our family and we’d be very happy to welcome you again in the future.
Granbury, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This place was WONDERFUL!! We arrived a little early and were offered free rum punch. A perfect location for shopping and restaurants. The people here were so wonderful and helpful. Our rooms were perfect. A beautiful pool and nice restaurant right on the beach. Music at night and Manager's party mid-week. I would go back again and again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
And we will welcome you back again and again. Thanks for staying with us and we’re definitely looking forward to seeing you again!

Been to Bay Gardens Beach Resort? Share your experiences!