Very good value. Can't fault position, cleanliness or friendliness. We stayed bed only as there are an excellent choice of good restaurants within walking distance and we prefer to choose where to eat (see my restaurant reviews if interested).
ROOM TIP - top floor "pool view" rooms are best. Many have also got a really good ocean view and are well away from all the stray cats. Ours was 612 with afternoon sun on the balcony and wonderful views of the sunset over the ocean every evening. We requested this room based on previous reviews by telephone a few days before arrival and they were happy to help.
Rather than repeat all the valid compliments paid in other reviews I shall only mention the couple of minor complaints:
1) Television sets are old, worn-out and with badly distorted sound. We asked to change sets, which was done promptly, but for a set that was just as bad. A small investment would make a big difference to guests' comfort.
2) Wi fi is advertised in every room. I'm typing this on my balcony which is the only place I get anything like acceptable Internet. If you need wi fi don't go for a top floor room (612).
3) The gym is just about adequate, but on several mornings the water was empty. In this heat that's just not acceptable, and despite repeated requests it took a strong complaint on the third day before this was resolved. The only sign we saw of shoddy housekeeping as everything else is very well maintained.
Really no other negatives. A very good choice and heartily recommended, but do book room only - this resort is a foodie's paradise and is well worth exploring.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bay Gardens Beach Resort is an all-suite hotel with magnificent views of the stunning Caribbean Sea. The architecture of this private boutique and hip hotel is reminiscent of its colonial past, with a mixture of both Caribbean-French and Georgian plantation style, incorporating traditional elements of timbered balconies and verandas for that true Caribbean ambiance. This resort provides a luxurious and relaxing environment for guests with every possible modern facility. Suites are complete with full kitchens, modern bathroom fixtures and living and dining areas. All feature cable TV, DVD and CD players, high-speed internet access and Wi-Fi. The Bay Gardens Beach Resort... Your Window to Paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, T4B, Travelocity, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Bay Gardens Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Gardens Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Bay Gardens Beach Castries
- Bay Gardens Beach Resort St. Lucia/Gros Islet