We throughly enjoyed our time at the Bay Gardens Beach View Hotel & Spa. Our room was a top floor pool with partial sea view and as such was quiet & apart from the complex shower (see below) we had no problems; beds high quality & the kettle, tea & milk, which supplemented that which we had brought from home was much appreciated. Ours was a B&B package, which we found fine, what was actually available from day to day at breakfast varied, but the staff were always willing to cook you fresh scambled eggs or an ommlette, very helpful & charming waiting staff. Preference/ recommended for dinner was Buzz & a Taste of India
The pool area was attractive, although like many pools in the Americas - it was more to do with style & less about being a good swimmers pool. A member of staff always made sure that a sun lounger was available for guests on the public beach immediately in front of the hotel.
In relation as to why I have given the hotel only 4 stars - the following is pertinent. Firstly the hotel had no hotel information book, how were you to know about the gym, the shuttle bus & its times to the centre of Rodney Bay, the library, the 2 computers, in which block your nearest ice machine could be found or indeed that there was a washing machine available should you want it, I also believe there was a heart defiballator to the rear of the reception - if I am correct what use would it be. It may be that we should have had a lecture/ talk etc but a reference book is much more useful.
However it was the shower that caused us the most problems - the first morning we found ourselves with a shower with scalding hot water cascading from it & we could not turn it off; I went to call reception for help, only to find that their number was not on the telephone; numbers for reception vary throughout the world & that needs sorting with immediate effect, I had to stand on the back walkway & wait for a member of staff to pass - to call down to ask for help!
Secondly, I must comment on the lack of umbrellas by the pool, not one sun lounger had an umbrella - (including those by the Jacuzzi). As I have previously commented on TA from LV in the USA to Brazil - have not the Americas heard of the connection between the sun and skin cancer. There was some lovely trees to sit under on the beach - but only four(?) permanent umbrellas, other hotels on Rodney Beach had portable umbrellas available for their guests
Would I recommend or return to the hotel - if in St Lucia - the answer is simply yes.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Gardens Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Bay Gardens Beach Hotel
- Bay Gardens Beach Castries
- Bay Gardens Beach Resort St Lucia
- Bay Gardens Beach Resort St. Lucia/Gros Islet
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bay Gardens Beach Resort is an all-suite hotel with magnificent views of the stunning Caribbean Sea. The architecture of this private boutique and hip hotel is reminiscent of its colonial past, with a mixture of both Caribbean-French and Georgian plantation style, incorporating traditional elements of timbered balconies and verandas for that true Caribbean ambiance. This resort provides a luxurious and relaxing environment for guests with every possible modern facility. Suites are complete with full kitchens, modern bathroom fixtures and living and dining areas. All feature cable TV, DVD and CD players, high-speed internet access and Wi-Fi. The Bay Gardens Beach Resort... Your Window to Paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Bay Gardens Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.