“minging” 1 of 5 stars
Review of MJI St Lucia

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gros Islet
MJI St Lucia
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Rodney Heights | Rodney Bay, Gros Islet 00124, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #16 of 16 hotels in Gros Islet
Oxford, United Kingdom
“minging”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

the worst place i have ever stayed and this is not a hotel its an extended house with a pool charging far to high a price hostile staff and dirty rooms no hot water found some nice dark hairs in my bed on arrival Im blonde never again

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Port of Spain, Trinidad
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

The service and quality of this hotel is bare minimum to say the least. i came to st. Lucia to study and the hotel offered month by month payments. The water system is very bad one minute you have water flowing through your pipes and the next minute you don't. The owner of the hotel is never around and his staff half the time don't know what to do. when it came time for me to leave it took me quite a while to get back my security deposit from the owner it was quite a hassle. during the day here he has a swimming class going on so you don't even have access to the pool until late evening and sometimes the pool is left dirty.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Castries, St. Lucia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

First of all i have been to many hotels and this one was the most disappointing ever .I work in a hotel and i can tell u about it.To begin with the guy who took us to our room looked like he didn't know anything about the hotel he wasn't sure about the price of a room. He actually charge us extra.Our room wasn't ready i mean "come on" a room on arrival doesn't have towels, the toilette sit was broken, the phone wasn't working, there was no hot water available in the bathroom. there wasn't a remote for the AC and to make it worst there wasn't any sign of house keeping.The staff wasn't friendly at all. After coming out from the pool my skin started to itch, this pool felt as if it hasn't been cleaned in days .I wasn't feeling comfortable staying at this hotel we were afraid to leave our things in the room and go .Everything bout this hotel is just poor. I will never go back to that hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Port of Spain, Trinidad
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

If I could have given a half star I would! This hotel is essentially a person's house that was added on rooms and maybe renovated, it is the absolute worst hotel and stay I have had anywhere in the world. It is in a residential area but pretty close to Rodney bay area which is maybe the only good thing. The food is terrible and the time we were there the owner had to play the role of chef, we were supposed to have food provided for us and the owner did not arrange this and had to cook for us, so when he overslept we had to have him woken up and he comes and makes a terrible breakfast with poor hygiene standards. the rooms were dirty and never cleaned and smelt musty. He said if I wanted the room cleaned to leave the key, which I did even though I feared coming back and meeting everything gone, and though I left it it was NEVER cleaned. To tell you how bad things are they guys subletted his swimming pool while we were there to some guy who had a swim school and he would have these swimming classes frequently with little toddlers and their parents onlooking, how am I as a guest supposed to react to this? MJI is the worst, poor service, poor food, poor facilities, poor price poor everything.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Moses and the MJI staff were very good. They catered to my every need without any complaint or hesitation. When I got to the hotel there was a renovation problem (which was not my concern) being that MJI is accommodating and care about the needs of their clients I was upgraded to a suite instead! Get this! At the same price!!! I was surprise and very elated… I recommend MJI to people who are laid back and looking for a homey and quite place to relax… the bar and pool area was so adorable… two thumbs up for Moses and his crew at MJI… Lucian Style!!!

Room Tip: when booking a room you should get the kitchenette... the supermarket is down the block and you save...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

Ok, so... the Pool Table had balls missing and there was a dead crab in the garden area by the pool not forgetting the crab dominating the floor of the pool (makes me wonder if there was any chlorine in the water as the crab seemed perfectly fine scattering from side to side)

The room was clean (believe I was in 210) <next door tot he chefs room anyway> Cockroaches... yes... they were also present in the bathroom (not many but still, who wants to see them?)

The chef cooked nice food, ridiculously priced at times but it was nice (the trick is to agree a price for meals when you check-in) bearing in the mind the chef disappeared out when he felt like, one day he wasn't around for 5 hours (not that I stayed in waiting for him lol, I was unwell that day and wanted to stay in) I did end up going to Rodney Bay to eat as I was STARVING.

Rodney Bay night life is a short walk away, the beach feels like its miles away in the heat but its like 20mins walk from the hotel.

Pool Parties are hosted by this hotel for what seems like local kids (aged 15 - 23 maybe) we didn't go to any of the pool parties (three in two weeks!) but we did have to walk through the youngsters to get to our rooms. (We are young~ish also 26 & 27 years old)

In short, the less time you spend in the apparent "hotel" the better... when coming home, I found this link... http://stluciastar.com/content/archives/11803 The hotel manager took refuge on the roof of his hotel as he was ordered to close the night club he illegally opened without planning permission.

Oh... my friends iPod was stolen by one of the staff members.

ps... the staff field your telephone calls... one guy (staff) fancied my friend so anytime a guy called they told them we wasn't in.

If you come in too late you'll find the door locked, there is meant to be someone at the reception but he's normally sleeping on the sun loungers by the pool... Yes, in the middle of the night... sun lounger....!

There is no restaurant... a little eating area by the the bar... if you can call it a bar.... I mean, the guy tried I guess, but it seems he put more effort into his gold chains and M/Benz car that was clearly on show by the pool then anything else.

If you want a simple place to stay where no-one will hassle you and you don't mind noise at night (some nights due to the pool parties) go to MJI of not.... stay closer to Rodney Bay.

Sorry I don't have many pictures of the hotel on here, they all have me and my friend in them... so I won't be posting them on here!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2010

Went here a few yrs ago...it was absolutely terrible. The only pluses I good think of was the cleanliness of the room and the relative location of the hotel, in terms of being near a major mall and not to far from the beach (by drive!). Staff was no way friendly, charged exorbitant fees on a phone call...10EC! I remember my room was next to a smokers, and the smell of the smoke was horrible, my room is non-smoking...guess that made no difference.

Breakfast was terrible, runny eggs with ketchup, however the bakes and salt fish were awesome as well as the fresh fruit that they hand pick! That was the plus...I do not advise this place...

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends

Been to MJI St Lucia? Share your experiences!