“Great Location, but Hotel is nothing special” 3 of 5 stars

Stephanie's Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Massade | P O Box 497, Gros Islet, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Gros Islet
Le Francois, Martinique
“Great Location, but Hotel is nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

This place has its ups and downs. It is in a real neighborhood as opposed to the tourist strip. Walking distance to the Jump Up party on Friday night. 15-20 Minute walk to Rodney Bay, THE place to be after sunset. Staff was mostly friendly. That said, it's not really that nice, equipment is kinda old, and one of the windows in the room didn't open (the room has AC but I am a windows open guy), and there was a leak in one of the walls on the side. The beds were basic but I found them very comfortable. For a group of 3 young guys (<25) looking to party it was fine, but there are other places in the area close by, and I would give them a shot first before going back.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Stephanies_Hotel, Owner at Stephanie's Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you very much for your review. We do apologize for any discomfort you may have had during your stay and would like to inform you that since then we have undertaken major renovations and are under new management,seeking mainly to provide full customer satisfaction. We await your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Barbados
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

This small hotel is located in an area where the immediate view is the backyard of the neighbors. That said if you look further you can enjoy the beautiful hills of
St. Lucia.

However, on arrival I was turned off by the shabby looking area allocated for Reception. What was even more amazing was the fact that the check in was archaic...writing in books.

Up to the room and very basic. While I can do basic, fittings were old, tiles were chipped and the bathroom looked to be done by an amateur. I also found the linens to be very thin. Some of the lights didn't work.

Nevertheless, I made the best of the situation and after the room was cleaned, it seemed a tad more bearable.

In terms of the area, local restaurants (nothing fancy) abound and public transportation is close by.

The happening place in St. Lucia is Rodney Bay...a short ride away. Plenty of restaurants, beach, supermarket and many other hotel options. For local food, try The Triangle...lunch there was great.

Stephanie's is not my choice for a holiday but if you're on a budget and just looking for a place to sleep, it's an option.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. since then we have undertaken new management as well as major renovations fitted for comfort and high quality for all guests. We look forward to your future stays here.
barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

My best friend and I took a 7 day trip to st.Lucia to stay with a friend but on arrival we were very disappointed with the accommodation arrangement. with not much money in our buget we were faced with a problem,another friend recommended Stephanie's and it saved the rest of our vacation.
The rate was well within our small budget, the location was ideal for us 2 ladies to get around on our own, the staff was very friendly and helpful and the room we got was perfect for the two of us.
The rest of our trip was grrreeeaaaat.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your review. We are more than happy to be the ones who saved your trip and we were even more elated to have you guys spending your vacation here. We eagerly await your next visit.
New York, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2008

Service was friendly and room was nice and clean. There was a plumbing problem in the first room we stayed in and had to be moved to another room not quite as nice. However, a few months upon staying here I recieved 2 very large charges on the same credit card I used to pay when I was there. Although the charges were reversed (taken care of by my bank) I still wonder about the charges and the legitamacy of the business.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Changing rooms to one we didnt request
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you very much for your review. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you and your family. This isolated incident was due to a faulty credit card machine, which was immediately replaced when the defect was realized. We are a business built on integrity and would never jeopardize our reputation. We look forward to your next visit.
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2007

I am a World Traveler . I stayed at Stephanie's Hotel in 2005.

I would recommend Stephanie's to anyone for it's well kept rooms and the friendly service from all the staff.
I felt like I was at home and I will return in 2007 for the World Cup Cricket. I cannot wait to go back and spend some time @ Stephanie's for it was clean and the service was like a 5 star hotel. I have recommended this to my friend's & we will be staying there this year 2007, Just to enjoy the comfort's of a home away from home with Stephanie and her gracious staff that were very accommadating while I was on vacation.

Thank-you,

D. Smith,
Ont. Canada

• Liked — clean and great staff
  • Disliked — no inground pool
  • Tips/Secrets — book ahead of time
  • Stayed February 2005, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Stephanies_Hotel, Owner at Stephanie's Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you very much for your review. We're elated that you enjoyed your stay here and we will continue providing our 5 star service to make everyone's stay a great one. We anxiously await your return.
St Vincent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2007

I Have Stayed at the Stephanie`s Hotel on Many occassion and recently stayed their in October and i have no regret and would recommend the hotel for your next Vacation to Saint Lucia ,the Staff is the best in the world the hotel is cozy quiet and full of fun excitement and Clean

Asberth Williams St Vincent

• Liked — The Rooms and the Food and the Staff
  • Stayed December 2006
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you very much for your review. We are happy that you continue to enjoy your stay here. Looking forward to your many visits to come.
Barbados
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2007

I visited Stephanie's Hotel in 2005 it's perfect We had a wonderful time there. Stephanie and her staff makes you feel welcome and at home. The hotel is always clean and comfortable. I had such a wonderful time that I had to returned
in July 2006. Stephanie and her staff are such wonderful people. You know what ? I will be back there with a team in a few monthsThumbs up to Stephanie and her staff. I would'nt stay anywhere else in St Lucia, but at Stephanie's Hotel.

I wish you and your staff God's blessing through out the year.
I love you all Happy New Year.

• Liked — Friendly and pleasent staff and it was very comfortable Transportaation was on time.
  • Disliked — nil
  • Tips/Secrets — If you visit Stephanie's Hotel you would'nt regret yout stay. you will go again.
  • Stayed December 2006
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you very much for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we to enjoyed having you. We look forward to your many visits in the future. God Bless

Been to Stephanie's Hotel? Share your experiences!