My husband and I booked our wedding and honeymoon at the St James Club. We were there for three whole weeks in total, and had both our familes with us for the first. It was our first time in the Caribbean.
I was aghast when reading some of the reviews - they were absolutely awful, and made us wonder whether we had in fact done the right thing.
Well, all I can say is that there must be some people who are just never satisfied, so PLEASE, PLEASE ignore them. We had a fantastic time, and were treated like royalty for the entire length of our stay. Even after three weeks we didn't want to come home!
The setting is beautiful, with lush surroundings and meticulously maintained gardens. The food was excellent - we ate in Tradewinds most nights and sometimes the Palm Grill, and I can honestly say I don't think I ate the same meal twice. I can't understand the reviewer who said he had burger and chips every day. The beach is fairly small, but what most people have failed to point out is that it is only used by St James guests, and so is very private. The staff were all so friendly, from the manager to room service. The rooms are lovely and very clean - there are certainly no bed bugs, as one reviewer seemed to think! There are tiny insects around in the evening, and their bites are not usually noticeable until the morning. We simply used insect repellent before going down for our evening meal. I forgot one night and found that my legs had been bitten in the morning.
We held our wedding in the gazebo, which is on the highest point of the resort, overlooking the sea. The whole day was organised for us down to the finest detail - flowers, cake, transport (in a little buggy from our room to the gazebo!) photographer, evening meal - everything. It was exactly what we had hoped it would be and more.
We took a few organised trips - to Soufriere on the Brig Unicorn taking in the drive in volcano and sulpher springs, to Pointe Seraphine (duty free) and a catamaran sunset cruise. We also took a taxi to Rodney Bay - the water is as lovely as people say, but we much prefered the beach and definitely the privacy of Morgan Bay.
Overall, there is a very relaxed and family oriented atmosphere to the resort. We definitely hope to return there, as do both our families. Our ONLY criticism? Well lets just say we won't be listening to any more Bob Marley for quite a while!
- Also Known As:
- Morgan Bay Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Morgan Bay Beach Hotel
- Almond Morgan Bay Beach Hotel
- Almond Morgan Bay
- Almond Morgan Bay St Lucia
- Almond Bay St Lucia
- St. James's Club Morgan Bay St. Lucia/Gros Islet
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape from reality at the four-star St. James's Club Morgan Bay, St. Lucia. A fun, relaxing, and casually elegant Caribbean beach resort. Famous for its friendly staff, amazing tropical gardens, and great service. St. James's Club Morgan Bay is an excellent choice for couples, families, weddings, honeymoons, family reunions, and more. This resort has 345 rooms in total for its Caribbean vacationers. Guests can relax and enjoy terrific garden view, beachfront, and ocean view suite accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, JackRabbit Systems, Expedia, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your St. James's Club Morgan Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.