“In love with St. lucia and St. James's Club” 4 of 5 stars
Review of St. James's Club Morgan Bay

You added St. James's Club Morgan Bay to your Saves list
St. James's Club Morgan Bay
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Choc Bay | St. Lucia, Gros Islet, St. Lucia (Formerly Morgan Bay Beach Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Gros Islet
San Fernando, Trinidad
“In love with St. lucia and St. James's Club”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

St. Lucia - beautiful "unspoiled" island with a lot to do and great beaches. The locals were very friendly and polite.

The resort
The staff - I had absolutely no complaints about the staff. Everyone was polite (a lot of good mornings, good evenings and how's your stay going to go around), genuinely friendly and extremely accommodating. From reception to wait staff (especially Lianna at the Plum Tree) to the guy who checked us out on leaving day we were always treated as family or at least very good long time friends. The staff and management seem genuinely invested in making sure you love the resort and their home island which they are very proud of (with good reason)

Food - with the exception of breakfast no meal was ever repeated. I had dinner at all restaurants except Tree Top. The food at Morgan's Pier was not so amazing but every other resturant was great! Good variety and very tasty. The desserts at all restaurants except Le Jardin were not that good and I love dessert :( however I didn't get to dine at Tree Tops :( Le Jardin was absolutely incredible. Impeccable service and very delicious food. The live pianist at the centre of the restaurant as well as the lighting made for a very romantic setting.

Activities - water sports that are available are great because there are motorized sports available within the package like water skiing and the banana boat etc as well as the normal peddle boats, kayaking, snorkeling etc but all water sports are scheduled so if you intend to really utilize this you should visit in advance and book the ones you are interested in. I also paid additional for jet skiing because I always wanted to try it. It was super fun and much cheaper than other islands :) Every night had different entertainment, one night a very good dj who got a party going, one night a live band and one night an orchestra of my country's (Trinidad and Tobago) national instrument, the steel pan, as well as Caribbean dancers and a fire breather :) very cool! There were also beach games. The beach at the resort was lovely and there are many great pools with close by bars and grills. There were many other activities that I didn't make use of like tennis etc. Columbian emeralds on the resort ran a 50% off sale as well as an exciting raffle and cocktail event. I didn't win but I had fun hoping to win and shopping :)

Accommodations - the room was also lovely. I had a deluxe ocean view. The room was spacious, the view was great, the bed was comfy, the ac and TV worked great. The shower/tub was good. I appreciated the very hot water because I have been to other resorts with poor water pressure and very cold "hot water" lol a warm shower after a long day of activities was very relaxing :)

Spa - I had a couples treatment which was on special. Very relaxing! Nice firm hands :)

Other - the grounds are very well kept. I did my island tour with Joy's cruises - they were great. Very friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating. The sulphur springs and snorkeling were AMAZING They also surprised my boyfriend and I with champagne to celebrate our anniversary! I had a blast on this tour! Thanks Joy, Eli and the Captain (I forgot his name)

I only deducted 1 star because of Morgan's Pier, the desserts and the lack of wifi in the room. There was wifi in the lobby and some other communal spaces tho :)

After all this....needless to say...I loved this resort and this island! Will be back again

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,521)
Prescott Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We celebrated our 40th anniversary by visiting St Lucia. We chose St James Morgan Bay resort after reading several reviews of this hotel and reviews of other hotels on the island. We were very happy with our choice. No it was not the RITZ or even close but it was overall very nice. We booked an ocean view room and ended up with an ocean front room, we stayed in room 508. The room was furnished adequately and was very comfortable even the bed was comfortable; there were plenty of towels and soaps and shampoos, etc. The person that kept our room clean was very efficient and thoroughly cleaned every morning.
My husband is a picky eater and I was afraid that he would be complaining about the food, but he was so pleased with the choices and the quality of the food that all I heard from him was how good the food was. We ate at all the restaurants except LeJardin. With all the good food available we really didn’t feel compelled to pay extra for more, although it looked like a good place for a very special meal. We ate breakfast at both morning buffets at Bamboo and also at the Palms and found the food to be well prepared and a good variety; I especially loved the omelet station. For lunch Bamboo has an open salad bar and a la cart dining with a lovely view of the ocean and Palms offers a variety of different foods each day on their buffet, I was impressed by how fresh the salads were. We dined at Morgan’s Pier a few nights and their “sticky ribs” are the best. Pizza was great at “Tree tops”. There were many venues to choose from and they are also working on another building that I think it is for a coffee bar.
There is a variety of water sports available from Hobby Cats, kayaks, peddle boats, paddle boats, water skiing, banana boats etc. The pools were well maintained and there were several activities during the day and evening. The staff was great making sure that you had everything you need to make you had the best time.
The grounds are beautiful and well kept. We stayed during the low season (July) and it never felt crowded. There was always something to do and new places to discover.
I think that what I like best about this place are the people who worked there. They are always at hand doing the best to make you comfortable. Everyone here works hard and seems very happy, I never saw so many people that sang and danced while they worked. They make you feel like you are very special. There are too many names to remember but each and every one are very special, especially Sharma at Morgan’s Piet restaurant who always greats you a smile on her face and Hyacinth in the Bamboo Restaurant made us feel like “Kings and Queens” with the royal treatment she gave us. This may not be the “Ritz” but we sure were treated as if it was. I am looking forward to returning here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GuestAmbassador01, Guest Relations Manager at St. James's Club Morgan Bay, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your special occasion with us at The St. James's Club Morgan Bay! Congratulations again on your anniversary! We are thrilled to know that you 'had the best time' at our resort and that our gracious staff, accommodations, variety of activities, and dining options exceeded your expectations and offered you a memorable experience.

We are proud to have such a dedicated group of service minded individuals working at the resort, so thank you for recognizing their wonderful hospitality. We will deliver your praises to Sharma and Hyacinth as well as to the entire St. James's Club team.

We appreciate you taking the time to submit your honest, positive review; your insights will certainly serve useful to our future guests.

Since we pride ourselves on providing guests with accommodations, activities and services in a genuine, unpretentious environment, it truly pleases us to know that you enjoyed our one-of-a-kind Caribbean experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Kind regards,
Guest Ambassador
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

- Calling to make reservations and taxi arrangements from airport were very easy and pleasant.
- Reception was relaxing and greeted with a cocktail
- Grounds and landscaping were tropical and very well taken maintained
- All restaurants had great food quality and quantity to choose from
- Favorite restaurant was Morgan's Pier. Second was Bamboo (Lamb Shank was huge!)
- Breakfast and lunch at Bamboo is a must and ask for a table by the water
- Room was spacious and very clean. We upgraded to the Beach Front in the 700 block and it was well worth the additional charge.
- Comfortable bed
- We were right next to the main pool, beach and restaurants for easy access.
- West Indian hot sauce is amazing if you're a hot sauce fan - I had it with everything
- Good sized balcony with chairs and table
- Clean, updated and spacious bathroom
- Great sports activities
- Swim up bar staff were excellent and always willing to wait on us
- Sunset and overall view from top pool and bar (Tommy's bar) were excellent.

- Speakers at pool bar were clearly blown and playing way too loud. Time to upgrade the sound system.
- Bartender at Tommy's poolside bar was horrible. She obviously didn't want to be there and was more concerned about counting bottles than waiting on guests.
- Swim up Pool bar drinks were flat. No to little carbonation in soda based drinks (ie Rum & Coke). All other bars seemed to be OK.
- Swim up Pool bartenders were limited on their drink knowledge
- Jet ski guys were way too pushy and loud on the beach
- Odd "Gift Shop" trail to some rasta-men off the beach, who are selling "Seashells" and such...
- Don't eat the burgers! - They taste horrible
- Scrambled Eggs from breakfast buffet were runny. Ask for fresh eggs off grill.They will make any style of eggs
- Bacon is floppy - few crispy pieces
- Sausage didn't taste right either
- No beer in the rooms mini fridge like all other all-inclusive resorts I've been to
- Water cups around common areas and bars were tiny
- Cats hanging out and bothering you during lunch and dinner
- Guests need to read restaurant menus before getting in line for dinner reservations to speed up the process
- On site gift shop was limited on souvenirs such as T-shirts and Logo towels. Must go to town for more options
- Nightly entertainment was pretty bland
- Pools close down too early

Room Tip: request 700 block and upgrade to the ocean front.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Farmingdale, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My sister in law and I are presently at this all inclusive in St. Lucia. We are leaving tomorrow after a 5 day stay.
We have had a wonderful time. The resort is extremely clean. The staff is constantly polishing and sweeping. They are also the friendliest and most helpful of any place I have been in the Caribbean.
There is lots to do. 5 beautiful pools, a clean sandy beach, entertainment at night, a gym, and to my delight, lots of fun exercise classes.
There are 5 restaurants to chose from. One is an extra charge. The food is plentiful but ordinary. I would say that this would be my only slight complaint.
The bartenders are eager to please and quick. No complaints there!
The clientele seems to be mostly British but many travelers from the U.S. as well, and we have seen more than a few destination weddings!
Everyone we meet is happy and friendly. Not too many children but the children's pool is away from the main pools, so maybe there are more. If you do bring children, there is a very good pizza and pasta restaurant that they would be happy at.
I highly recommend this for a get away!

Room Tip: Ask to stay near the pools, but there are golf carts for transportation for further rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Cortez, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

MY family and I stayed at St. James for a week in June and were very pleased overall. The food quality was above other resorts we have stayed at and the wait staff were very attentive even at the buffet. We didn't see many guests tip but we did simply becuase of the effort the staff put into their work. You'll need reservations, so make sure you book these ahead for dining. What really made it for us were the water sports hut. These guys were great. Can't say enough about them. The beach isn't large but with a lite crowd it was plenty big enough. The resort is on the off-shore wind side of the island which helps to keep the bay not as choppy.

Room Tip: Don't get a lower level room near the pool if you don't enjoy louder music at night.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We had a great time at the St-James Club Morgan Bay...
It was our first visit to St. Lucia but it won't be the last.
The resort was just great, the staff was amazing...polite, funny and always and I really mean it...smilling! The food is amazing, plenty of choices. Our room was perfect and clean!
The watersports activities were fantastic!
Great value for families
Two thumbs up

Room Tip: The room in block 600 is perfect for someone who is looking to be close but at the same time not to...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My family and I stayed at St James Club from July 6th-July 13. After a 5 1/2 hour plane ride from Toronto, we were greeted at the resort with smiles and rum punch! Ive stayed at many resorts in the Caribbean and I can easily say that St James has the best food. The lady that made eggs and omelettes at Bambou restaurant was the best part of the morning. She made sure to remember your name every time you went to see her. The Treetops Pizza and Pasta Restaurant was the best food i've ever had in my life. If you go, get the jerk chicken pizza.

The view from my room was overlooking the ocean in the 600's block. It was so nice to fall asleep to the sound of the ocean every night. The rooms were always clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. The only thing i would suggest is that the fridge to be stocked with water. The tap water was never cold enough to cool you down after a long day outside. The staff were always happy to see you, Michelle at the pool bar makes fantastic drinks.

If you're going on an excursion, I suggest the Soufriere Adventure. You see the botanical gardens, have lunch at a fantastic restaurant in Soufriere, take a mud bath, go snorkelling, and spend your day in a catamaran!

The ocean wasnt crystal clear blue, and the sand wasnt white. Im guessing that was because of the volcano on the island. Either way, the ocean water was very warm. And the water activities were so fun!

The only thing I would complain about is that the hotel is right beside the highway, so you often hear ambulances' and car horns. The resort is building something so noise of the construction was often distracting and loud if you are beside 1 of the 5 pools.

Room Tip: Dont get a room in the 1000's block. They are right beside the highway and also requires a long...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
East Winds Inn
#1 of 17 in Gros Islet
5.0 of 5 stars 629 reviews
Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort

Been to St. James's Club Morgan Bay? Share your experiences!