St. Lucia - beautiful "unspoiled" island with a lot to do and great beaches. The locals were very friendly and polite.
The staff - I had absolutely no complaints about the staff. Everyone was polite (a lot of good mornings, good evenings and how's your stay going to go around), genuinely friendly and extremely accommodating. From reception to wait staff (especially Lianna at the Plum Tree) to the guy who checked us out on leaving day we were always treated as family or at least very good long time friends. The staff and management seem genuinely invested in making sure you love the resort and their home island which they are very proud of (with good reason)
Food - with the exception of breakfast no meal was ever repeated. I had dinner at all restaurants except Tree Top. The food at Morgan's Pier was not so amazing but every other resturant was great! Good variety and very tasty. The desserts at all restaurants except Le Jardin were not that good and I love dessert :( however I didn't get to dine at Tree Tops :( Le Jardin was absolutely incredible. Impeccable service and very delicious food. The live pianist at the centre of the restaurant as well as the lighting made for a very romantic setting.
Activities - water sports that are available are great because there are motorized sports available within the package like water skiing and the banana boat etc as well as the normal peddle boats, kayaking, snorkeling etc but all water sports are scheduled so if you intend to really utilize this you should visit in advance and book the ones you are interested in. I also paid additional for jet skiing because I always wanted to try it. It was super fun and much cheaper than other islands :) Every night had different entertainment, one night a very good dj who got a party going, one night a live band and one night an orchestra of my country's (Trinidad and Tobago) national instrument, the steel pan, as well as Caribbean dancers and a fire breather :) very cool! There were also beach games. The beach at the resort was lovely and there are many great pools with close by bars and grills. There were many other activities that I didn't make use of like tennis etc. Columbian emeralds on the resort ran a 50% off sale as well as an exciting raffle and cocktail event. I didn't win but I had fun hoping to win and shopping :)
Accommodations - the room was also lovely. I had a deluxe ocean view. The room was spacious, the view was great, the bed was comfy, the ac and TV worked great. The shower/tub was good. I appreciated the very hot water because I have been to other resorts with poor water pressure and very cold "hot water" lol a warm shower after a long day of activities was very relaxing :)
Spa - I had a couples treatment which was on special. Very relaxing! Nice firm hands :)
Other - the grounds are very well kept. I did my island tour with Joy's cruises - they were great. Very friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating. The sulphur springs and snorkeling were AMAZING They also surprised my boyfriend and I with champagne to celebrate our anniversary! I had a blast on this tour! Thanks Joy, Eli and the Captain (I forgot his name)
I only deducted 1 star because of Morgan's Pier, the desserts and the lack of wifi in the room. There was wifi in the lobby and some other communal spaces tho :)
After all this....needless to say...I loved this resort and this island! Will be back again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape from reality at the four-star St. James's Club Morgan Bay, St. Lucia. A fun, relaxing, and casually elegant Caribbean beach resort. Famous for its friendly staff, amazing tropical gardens, and great service. St. James's Club Morgan Bay is an excellent choice for couples, families, weddings, honeymoons, family reunions, and more. This resort has 345 rooms in total for its Caribbean vacationers. Guests can relax and enjoy terrific garden view, beachfront, and ocean view suite accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your St. James's Club Morgan Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morgan Bay Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Almond Morgan Bay Beach Hotel
- Almond Morgan Bay St Lucia
- Almond Bay St Lucia
- St. James's Club Morgan Bay St. Lucia/Gros Islet