“A great time had by all” 4 of 5 stars
Review of St. James's Club Morgan Bay

You added St. James's Club Morgan Bay to your Saves list
St. James's Club Morgan Bay
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Choc Bay | St. Lucia, Gros Islet, St. Lucia (Formerly Morgan Bay Beach Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
SPRING SALE UP TO 50% OFF
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Gros Islet
Ringmer, United Kingdom
“A great time had by all”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We went to St Lucia at the end of May 2014. Our first experience of the island was obviously in the airport. What a difference to our last holiday to Jamaica. The airport staff were SO friendly, and we were in and out in about 10 minutes. We decided to treat ourselves to a helicopter transfer, to avoid the 1 1/2 bus transfer, as it only took 10 minutes. I would highly recommend doing this, if travelling from the Uk, as after a 9 hour flight, the last thing you need is that long transfer. The transfer from airport to helicopter pad was quick and easy, and at the departure point, the same. We had taken a few things out of our cases so that we could go and enjoy the pool at the hotel, on arrival, as our suitcases were being transported separately. The only problem we had was that only 2 of our 3 cases turned up, later that evening, but the 3rd soon arrived. We had booked a garden view room-it was a lovely one bedroom suite, but the location wasn't ideal-we usually like a sea view but something had to give for the helicopter......... The hotel grounds are quite hilly, but there are always porters/drivers in golf buggies who will take you up to your room. We tended to stay by the pool for most of the day, sometimes transferring to the kids pool, which had a great snack bar. It was also close to the a Kids Club, which my 2 really enjoyed. All of the restaurants we went to (we didn't go to Le Jardin) were excellent, and I drank my fill of Pina Coladas. My only criticism would be the entertainment. A 9pm start is too late for those of us flying from the UK, especially the kids, as it's the equivalent of 2am. Perhaps some more child friendly entertainment could be arranged for an earlier time and I'm sure you'd get more people there. Other than that The entertainment we managed to stay awake for, was excellent. All in all, an excellent holiday. I'd love to go back one day.

Room Tip: Choose a beachfront room, or one in block 1200 for great views (but not if you have mobility problem...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,452)
Somerset, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

My husband and I, active - mid seventies - having stayed twice at St James's Club, Antigua, decided to vary our experience by staying at the sister resort in St Lucia. Though retired we lead quite busy lives and were looking for a restful week rather than activities. This we found to our entire satisfaction. We had booked a room overlooking the beach to avoid climbing the hill to garden rooms too often and were delighted to find that we had been allocated a suite which was so comfortable and had a wide balcony, overlooking Morgan's Pier. We had a really peaceful week reading on our balcony in the mornings when it was shady and in the reception when the sun was overhead. We tried Morgan's Pier restaurant and The Bamboo but much preferred The Palms because, being buffet service we could choose the amounts we wanted and could finish rather than leaving food on our plates (wartime generation!). The food was excellent with much choice - do try the soursop juice if it is available! We loved the staff who, without exception gave 'service with a smile and cheery comment'. We felt so welcome and left with regret, feeling that we had been amongst friends. Almost everyone we met in passing had a smile and 'how're you doin?' - such a friendly attitude. We came home feeling refreshed and ready for activity again. I must say that there were plenty of activities available with sailing, water skiing, speedboats and kayaks but we were content to watch from our balcony.
We would recommend Morgan Bay to any age group and would find it hard to choose between this and the one in Antigua - both have excellent staff and similar set-up and facilities but I would say that it is the staff at both resorts that overwhelmingly create the good experience. We would certainly hope to re-visit.

Room Tip: Garden rooms are quieter but are up the hill (though this is not much disadvantage), rooms overlooki...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

My cousin and I came here to celebrate my college graduation. I'm in my 30's but this graduation was a pretty big deal for me and finding a place that could really make me feel as though I rewarded myself for my hard work, this place definitely did that. I did a lot of research I am practically a connoisseur of St. Lucia now :)

The reviews were mixed and I would obsessively check every day for new reviews. I highly recommend this resort. From the time our drive Fleminas picked us up we knew we were in for a fantastic time. He was extremely warm and friendly. As others stated the ride is long but it really doesn't seem that way in good company. He explained and stopped to take pictures of us. I recommend asking for him if you book through the hotel.

From the time you get to the resort you feel as though you are in a divine place that's only selected for the fortunate. It must be something in the air but each person we encountered was such a delight and breath of fresh air. Darien our bellman was a funny and helpful guy. The workers of the resort go over and beyond and even while working so hard they still have time to give you a smile. I would especially like to thank (and yes because who doesn't feel special when someone remembers their names) Mary and Marie at the Plum tree. Speaking of the Plum tree they have absolutely delicious food. Yes it's the kiddie pool section but the sweet potato fries and the cheese sandwich are out of this world!

We never got a chance to make reservations and so we ate at the Palms every night. I can only comment on this as we did not make reservations for the other restaurants. Palms is a buffet style dinner, we ate here for breakfast, lunch and dinner and were there for 6 days. Never did we eat the same thing twice. All the food is absolutely delicious and they have a wide variety to please everyone. Agnes the lady that makes the omelets imagine you are being greeted with positive wishes while Agnes is working hard under the heat cooking you up some deliciousness. I would especially like to thank our waiters, Joel-he has a contagious smile, Dwight-who remembers you each time he sees you, Marlon-the dancing and happy waiter, Tiffany, Wilson, Juliana and her pretty make up waitress. The hostess Nadia, Shervon. Our housekeeper Shieldred took extra good care of us in our rooms, the room was always spotless. Ulina, Vermessta, Elijah and Faucher our bar tenders at the swim up pool but they can also be found at different bars throughout the day. Also, I don't get why people were not tipping, yes we are at an all inclusive resorts but that includes amenities not rewarding the staff for the handwork they did. I took $100 u.s dollars in singles and each time we sat down to eat for a meal we left $2 u.s that's not a lot and will break no one's pocket. I really could not believe to see that hardly no one else tipped it was very sad. Each wait staff was so grateful to be thought of. Imagine for $2 u.s or however much you like you can make someone feel appreciated. So please tip the staff and not be cheap, they work hard and deserve it. If it wasn't for the workers and their genuine kindness I'm not sure we would have felt as royalty as we did.

Watersports! I strongly and highly recommend you taking time to do the waterspouts, Kerim was such a delight. He took us out for a sailing lesson. I also did Paddle boarding which was a lot of fun. Word of advice DO not wear your sunglasses at the beach on the resort. Mine fell during paddle boarding and because the water is not clear because of the sand, I never found my glasses.

As quite a few people recommended and because of this we did Joy's cruise. It was really good. Just think for $100 which seems like a lot but really isn't you see the entire island, sulfur bath, mineral falls and lunch for that price. If you are celebrating a special occasion such as a wedding, anniversary or honeymoon make sure to tell Joy ahead of time. They make you feel extra special and make you a cake.

Just a few more tid bits to add do not take torn dollars to St. Lucia no one accepts it because the bank gives them a very difficult time. You can take the 1A bus (which is the local bus for $1 us to go to Rodney Bay or Castries Market both of which we did and felt completely safe. Two females and we were very safe the island is safe and the people are extremely helpful and friendly. Castries market may not seem appealing at first but it is so much fun, just ask someone where you can get souvenirs and they will direct you. Way cheaper than the airport. Redduit beach in Rodney Bay was as you would expect the beaches in the caribbean to be. Spinnakers is a nice place to eat on the beach there and our waiter Francis was good.

All in all I wish I was back in St. Lucia I do not usually repeat a vacation spot as there's so much in the world to see but surely I am wishing I was back there right now. I would definitely come back stay here it will be a memorable time. You will make some great friends and it will be a fun time. Do enjoy *Cheers*
Eleni and Eleni

Room Tip: we had an ocean view room, ask for one on the higher floors away from the music. Definitely check ou...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Owasso, Oklahoma, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Great water sports. The Activities staff was easy to work with and very patient. Enjoyed the waterskiing, sailing, kayaking and many failed attempts at windsurfing.
Scuba and snorkeling can be arranged thru the front office. We used Scuba Steves outfitters and loved it. They pick you up at the beach and payment was handled by St. James club.

• Stayed June 2014
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Visited st. James club may/June 2014 , can't fault anything about the resort.great restaurants,great choice of food and service was spot on. I enjoyed a great time at this resort and will defiantly
return in the future and would recommend to anyone to book to stay.
Thank you to all staff at the hotel for making my stay very enjoyable, well done st James.

Room Tip: All room are good ,so don't worry about booking garden view room still good rooms with decent vi...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Just got back from this hotel, fab location great food and staff were very friendly, st Lucia is a beautiful island with the choice to have lazy days by the pool or lots of great excursions for all ages I can't wait to go back

Room Tip: The one bedroom suites were amazing
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

This is our 2nd trip to St Lucia, and our first trip to This resort. I took my wife for her birthday.
We had a great time the resort was really nice and the staff for the most part were really friendly (maybe a little too friendly, one grounds crew staff asked for my wife's phone number)
The food was really good,they change the buffet every day
You can drink all day long, from mix drinks to beer, wine etc...
There were plenty of spots on the beach, we went in June. And the water was nice and warm and clean.
If we every went back to St Lucia I would stay at this resort again.
We had a ground floor room in the 400 block overlooking the bay

Rendezvous Resort
Rendezvous Resort
#3 of 17 in Castries
4.5 of 5 stars 2,029 reviews

Been to St. James's Club Morgan Bay? Share your experiences!