Stayed 4 weeks in Jan. 2014, was a gamble because if we did not like the resort we were stuck there but it paid off. The staff made the resort for us.
It is an older place showing age but looks clean and cared after as well as you can. We were in the beachfront rooms and were completely happy after getting moved away from the 700 block beachfront rooms to the 600 block because of the noise.
Check-in was a breeze except on the form they wanted my email address not and unreasonable request but for the matter that the hotel hides their email address and there is no way to contact the hotel directly by email, I put a request on social media for someone to supply me with this information and was given the general managers and the customer service's email address, I sent two emails to each one with no reply, so I left that blank on my form.
Beach was small and water was far from clear with discharge from a small river near the resort.
Our favorite restaurant was the Palms buffet the staff were always helpful right from the staff that seats you to the great people cooking your food, the chefs made sure they had time to come out and meet the guests they were cooking for as well answer ?. It was always a great
start to the day to see Danielle prepare my eggs perfect every time with an genuine smile. Michailena was always just a smile away with staff like Sarah, Sharma, Laura and my favorite chef Rene along with many others working there to make our stay enjoyable. My only problem was the garbage birds sometimes it felt like I was eating in the bottom of a bird cage.
We found the entertainment staff fantastic Madrina and Jaffrey were always around to get us involved in something, there was a good variety
of entertainers and I liked the fact that the resort gets involved in the community bringing support the children as well as adult organizations.
My favorite dinner was at the Bamboo, chef Andy did lobster like no other I have ever had, with a million $ view on the beach it was hard to not go every night, sadly the lobster was $32.00 xstra and the rest of our foursome had a hard time finding something they wanted on the limited menu. I did have 2 lobsters and should have went for a 3rd.
The Pier was my least favorite restaurant , went 3 times and was disappointed with the service and food 3 times although our server Brigette did manage to make one night enjoyable even though our game hen was raw inside.
The Tree Top was a surprise with good food and service that is coming along, lots of staff. Allison was our favorite employee there.
The staff that worked the lobby and front desk as well as bellhops were fantastic and were always very helpful.
We took a few tours but our favorite one was with Leo who works at the resort, one day we wondered up to the lobby and asked about someone to take us out for the day a young lady named Karry called the motor pool for someone but it was middle of the day and everyone seemed out with guests, so she called Leo and he came and took us on a fantastic tour of the area, great day. Thanks Karry and Leo.
We always had good loungers on the beach with a fantastic view and shade if wanted, also a bonus was Carmel aka 29 who kept us with cool drinks. All in all the staff and guests we met made our holiday one
to remember in a good way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape from reality at the four-star St. James's Club Morgan Bay, St. Lucia. A fun, relaxing, and casually elegant Caribbean beach resort. Famous for its friendly staff, amazing tropical gardens, and great service. St. James's Club Morgan Bay is an excellent choice for couples, families, weddings, honeymoons, family reunions, and more. This resort has 345 rooms in total for its Caribbean vacationers. Guests can relax and enjoy terrific garden view, beachfront, and ocean view suite accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, BookIt.com, Regatta Hotels, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your St. James's Club Morgan Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morgan Bay Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Almond Morgan Bay Beach Hotel
- Almond Morgan Bay St Lucia
- Almond Bay St Lucia
- St. James's Club Morgan Bay St. Lucia/Gros Islet