We stayed at St James Morgan Bay from 4th to 15th January 2013. The hotel is about 1 hour 15 minutes to 1.5 hours by car from the main airport, depending on the traffic in Castries.
On arrival we were given a welcome drink and some forms to fill in which I couldn’t wait to have finished with. Our room was nice and tidy with all of the modern amenities. It was quiet at night and we heard no night life noise from the sun lounge. The restaurants were in nice settings, overlooking the sea with no glass windows so you could really feel the warm breeze. We tried Palms Restaurant which is buffet-based, Bambou and Morgan’s Pier restaurants which are waiter service and we were very pleased overall, apart from a little incident which happened to be our last night at the resort, when my son and I were waiting for drinks after my husband was served his quite quickly.
The minute you unpack your bag and settle in, you feel the relaxing atmosphere of the place and I personally immediately felt as relaxed as hotel staff are. They are very friendly and helpful and just let you enjoy your holiday. Our housemaid said “Every day is a lovely day in St Lucia.”
The sea was warmer than the water in the swimming pools and there was plenty of room for everyone. At no time did the place feel overcrowded. Water aerobics was good fun and water sports at the hotel are a real bonus as they are free of charge. The only thing to be aware of is they start off at the same spot where everyone else is swimming although the guys with jet ski, speed boats and banana boats are very skilful at what they do.
We also went on a paid-for boat trip to Souffries organised by Joy, it was great fun, mud baths, water falls, volcanoes, bat cave, snorkelling, the only minor awkward thing was getting on the boat to start with, you had to walk up to it in the sea so if you are carrying a rucksack with you and a child, embarking on the boat may seem like a bit of an inconvenience. And we got completely drenched on the way back as we passed through about 3 storms! There is nothing like being in a company of great people with a sense of humour though.
We thoroughly enjoyed our trip and would consider coming back.
- Also Known As:
- Morgan Bay Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Morgan Bay Beach Hotel
- Almond Morgan Bay Beach Hotel
- Almond Morgan Bay
- Almond Morgan Bay St Lucia
- Almond Bay St Lucia
- St. James's Club Morgan Bay St. Lucia/Gros Islet
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape from reality at the four-star St. James's Club Morgan Bay, St. Lucia. A fun, relaxing, and casually elegant Caribbean beach resort. Famous for its friendly staff, amazing tropical gardens, and great service. St. James's Club Morgan Bay is an excellent choice for couples, families, weddings, honeymoons, family reunions, and more. This resort has 345 rooms in total for its Caribbean vacationers. Guests can relax and enjoy terrific garden view, beachfront, and ocean view suite accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, JackRabbit Systems, Expedia, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your St. James's Club Morgan Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.