My husband and I visited Morgan Bay resort in early October 2012. Overall we had a fabulous holiday only spoilt marginally by the 2 days of rain, but thats what you risk if you travel in the rainy season!
On arrival we were eventually taken to our room, check was a bit disorganised but probably because everyone seemed to arrive at the same time. We had booked a deluxe ocean view room and were extremely disappointed that despite being given a lovely room, there was no way we could see the ocean unless we had chopped the tree down that was in front of our balcony. And even then it would have been a glimpse, not a view. We returned to reception and were eventually told that we could change rooms the following day. After several vsits to reception the next day we were eventually given another room, not quite so big but with an ocean view, blocked by rooms 700 but you could see the sea. For reference we were in room 344 and I am still not convinced this was a deluxe ocean view room However we were only there for a week and wanted unpack and start our holiday so accepted the room. Interestingly we met a couple a few days later who had also been given our original room and had complained. I think Morgan Bay need to be more open about which rooms are which!
Anyway that was really our only gripe about the holiday. We did have a couple of days of rain not constant and it was still hot enough to sit on the beach when there was a break in the showers.
Restaurants: not all were open all the time but the self service at the Palms was excellent and fine for breakfast and lunch. Food and wine free flowing! For evening meals we made sure we booked into the Bambou or Morgan Bay (tip - book 2 days in advance at reception). The food in both the restaurants was excellent and made the holiday for me. I don't like all inclusive self service and it was lovely to be offered al a carte service for our evening meals.
The beach was lovely, plenty of sun beds and so relaxing! The pools were clean and not too busy and the swim up bar a real treat.
We tried the water sports which were great fun and took Joys trip to the mud baths. That was a great day out culminating in a trip back to Morgan Bay with beer and rum punch free flowing!
Evening entertainment could be better, the management may be better having a disco night once a wek or even a disco on the beach every now and again. I am not a teenager but I do like a dance occasionally!
Morgan Bay resort is a lovely relaxing resort which I would return to - not a statement I usually make about any holiday I have been on. Ignore the negative reports other people have made, go and enjo yourself, I only wish I was going again too!
- Also Known As:
- Morgan Bay Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Morgan Bay Beach Hotel
- Almond Morgan Bay Beach Hotel
- Almond Morgan Bay
- Almond Morgan Bay St Lucia
- Almond Bay St Lucia
- St. James's Club Morgan Bay St. Lucia/Gros Islet
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape from reality at the four-star St. James's Club Morgan Bay, St. Lucia. A fun, relaxing, and casually elegant Caribbean beach resort. Famous for its friendly staff, amazing tropical gardens, and great service. St. James's Club Morgan Bay is an excellent choice for couples, families, weddings, honeymoons, family reunions, and more. This resort has 345 rooms in total for its Caribbean vacationers. Guests can relax and enjoy terrific garden view, beachfront, and ocean view suite accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Tingo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, JackRabbit Systems, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your St. James's Club Morgan Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.