We stayed here for 11 nights at the end of February/beginning of March 2014. On arrival we were warmly welcomed and given a rum punch. We had a room at the back of the hotel, facing a garden. I would choose this again as it could be noisy at the front facing the pool.
OK its not on the beach but it is 5 minutes by the short route or 15 along the road to get to the sea. Well worth the walk.
Although we were all inclusive we spent most days on the beach. We hired 2 chairs and an umbrella for 15 US dollars a day. We didn't think that too bad. We also walked to Maria's Fish Shack most days for a beer around lunch time. Well worth a visit. We even ate there one lunchtime.
Back to the hotel. I have never stayed anywhere where the staff were as friendly and helpful. You really did feel they were wanting you personally be be there and in fact a number of people that we met had stayed there before.
The rooms are more than adequate, the pool area is lovely and the food was good, though slightly repetitive. The menu didn't change much over the time we were there.
Overall I would say excellent value for money and I would recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coco Palm in St. Lucia, an Award-Winning Boutique Hotel with classic Caribbean French Creole décor and modern amenities offers value without compromise.From the moment you arrive you’ll be impressed by our level of personal service and warm hospitality by our Saint Lucian owned and managed Team. Equally impressive are our stylish rooms and suites, and the authentic creole and international cuisine at KoKo Cabana Caribbean Bistro with Trinidadian Chef Richardson's specialty dishes along with newly introduced All Inclusive plan. Coco Beauty Clinic, gym and complimentary Wi-Fi along with being centrally located in the heart of Rodney Bay Village, just steps from the white sand Reduit Beach, shops, bars and casino, have made Coco Palm the preferred choice for business or pleasure and creating a strong repeat guest of Coco Club family and friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Coco Palm Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Palm Hotel Gros Islet
- Hotel Coco Palm
- Coco Palm St Lucia
- Coco Palm Resort St. Lucia/Gros Islet