This was our first time to St Lucia; at Coco Palm Resort, Rodney Bay. We flew with Air Canada stayed for 2 weeks from Jan. 28th 2013 to Feb.11th 2013. Our stay was an all inclusive. Mistake to take all inclusive because the menu they gave at lunch and at supper was the same for 2 weeks! The airport shuttle a long ride to Resort about one hour and 45 minutes.
The buffet breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice. The quality of food was very good. So next time B&B for us! The hotel is small which gives a nice intimate feeling, creates a relaxing atmosphere. No fighting for chairs or towels lots to go around for everyone.
The travel agent originally booked a garden view room at the back of the hotel, nice with 2 full size beds, but we preferred the pool view room. We went to front desk Tiffany and staff very pleasant, made the change for us. Except the room we got was on the 3rd floor, we had French balconies only, no outside sitting. With 1 King size bed, which was not to our satisfaction we had preferred 2 full size beds, which were not available. The bed we had was a beautiful wood bed, the only negative thing about the mattress it laid on a platform, like a bunk bed, so it made noise every time we moved, kept waking us up.
On the 3rd floor they need to put a runner in corridor...When guests arrive you hear the rolling of the luggage, the heels of shoes...Not very quiet for 1am . The rooms were very clean & a good size. Thank you Veronica job well done…beautiful swan flower arrangement on our bed the night before our departure!
The hotel is 5 minutes walking distance from the beach. Beach is beautiful but could be cleaner on the way into the beach. Also not to easy to find should have better indications. Within walking distance of Resort nice restaurants, bars, mall and casino.
Bathroom was a pleasure tiled, granite vanity tops large shower..Never missed hot water, pressure of water was very good. Water in bathroom tap is drinkable.
The Wi-Fi at this resort was very good, it was never down always had a good connection. But the TV would need an upgrade. The coffee pot in the room didn't make great coffee, but what I did was make hot water with it, I bought instant coffee mmm good! Fridge was handy to have bought fruits, milk and little snacks for a late cap. (Beware, your things will freeze) in the bathroom there is an 110 volt socket suitable for shavers and charging batteries but bring voltage converter.
The staffs go above and beyond to deliver great customer service, very friendly and welcoming...Special mention to Peppy♥ Siana♥ Patricia♥ Amelia♥ Sam♥ Rosemary♥ Rhoda♥ Delia♥ Esther♥ Sean♥ Shaddy♥ Kurt♥ Glen♥ and to Dwight's” Mango Daiquiri”♥ I apologize if I am forgetting someone. GREAT STAFF!!!!
Till the next time my dear friends!!!! Love you all ♥
- Also Known As:
- Coco Palm Hotel Gros Islet
- Coco Palm Hotel
- Hotel Coco Palm
- Coco Palm St Lucia
- Coco Palm Resort St. Lucia/Gros Islet
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Coco Palm in St. Lucia, is an Award-Winning Boutique Hotel, with classic Caribbean French Creole décor and modern amenities. Coco Palm gives you value without compromise.From the moment you arrive you’ll be impressed by our level of personal service – provided by your own personal concierge. Equally impressive are our stylish rooms and suites, and the Island cuisine at our Ti Bananne Caribbean Bistro.Centrally located in Rodney Bay Village, just steps from a perfect white sand beach, the Coco Palm is the St. Lucia hotel you’ll want to return to – again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Olotels, Hotels.com, Booking.com, EasyToBook, Priceline, Venere, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Coco Palm Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.