This was our first time to St Lucia, and it won't be our last.
We booked this hotel on a room only basis through an online company and flew with Virgin. We had a very good deal and stayed for 3 weeks in one of the Kreole rooms. On arrival the room was slightly disappointing, looking in need of updating. However, we soon realised that it was typical of other hotel rooms that we had stayed in at other Caribbean resorts. The room was spotlessly clean and kept that way by the houekeeping staff throughout our stay. Very large and very comfortable beds. After a few days we were upgraded to bed and breakfast at no extra cost. I've never known any other hotel to offer an upgrade without charge. This is no ordinary hotel. The staff are very caring and do their utmost to make your stay as best it can be. Nothing is too much troublle.
The hotel is an ideal size, making it quiet enough for a relaxing holiday. The pool area is lovely, and was never crowded. In fact some times we wondered where all the guests were. Only a 5 minute walk from the beach, and next to a shopping mall the Coco Palm is in an ideal position. It is perfectly safe to venture outside the hotel and the local people are very friendly and acknowledge visitors with a cheery greeting. In other Caribbean resorts it is not advisable to leave the hotel complex.
There are many and varied restaurants in the vicinity, so plenty of choice with various cuisines. There are supermarkets and most types of shops in the neighbouring mall. Expect to pay more than UK prices for almost everything even in the duty free shops, and especially in the restaurants. VAT is added to restaurant bills at 8% with a further 10% service charge in most cases. Check the menu. Most state the additional taxes at the bottom. Having said all that some restaurants and bars have a happy hour. There are the usuall KFC, Burger King, Subway and the like for cheaper options. Dominos Pizza opposite the hotel is expensive.
The delightful Head Concierge, Peppy arranged a hire car for us to explore the island. She drafted a list of must see places and was extremely helpful. Thank you Peppy so much. We thoroughly enjoyed the view of the Pitons from Ladera Resort and the walk to Tet Paul. These were highlights of the holiday.
Driving in St Lucia is an experience. Some of the roads are narrow, have hairpin bends not to mention the potholes, but to anyone from the UK this shouldn't be a problem as they drive on the left. Take your time, enjoy the marvellous scenary which is constantly changing. You are on holiday.
Thanks to CJ and Emma for introducing us to Twenty Twenty cricket. What a wonderful evening experiencing the vibrant atmosphere of the cricket ground. A pity that the local team did not fare so well.
Overall a wonderful three weeks. Lots of new friends and lovely hotel staff. Cannot wait until our next visit.
Thank you all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coco Palm in St. Lucia, an Award-Winning Boutique Hotel with classic Caribbean French Creole décor and modern amenities offers value without compromise.From the moment you arrive you’ll be impressed by our level of personal service and warm hospitality by our Saint Lucian owned and managed Team. Equally impressive are our stylish rooms and suites, and the authentic creole and international cuisine at KoKo Cabana Caribbean Bistro with Trinidadian Chef Richardson's specialty dishes along with newly introduced All Inclusive plan. Coco Beauty Clinic, gym and complimentary Wi-Fi along with being centrally located in the heart of Rodney Bay Village, just steps from the white sand Reduit Beach, shops, bars and casino, have made Coco Palm the preferred choice for business or pleasure and creating a strong repeat guest of Coco Club family and friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Coco Palm Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Palm Hotel Gros Islet
- Hotel Coco Palm
- Coco Palm St Lucia
- Coco Palm Resort St. Lucia/Gros Islet