We stayed here in November and had a very good room on the garden side, the bed was huge and there was plenty of space and as we were on the ground floor, also a sitting out area. Tea and coffee in the room and also a fridge. It is a great place to stay if you prefer a small friendly hotel rather than a 'resort' hotel with all the trimmings. This also means the guests include plenty of locals and business people - quite enlightening to hear people discussing business plans while relaxing by the pool! A special mention must go to all the hotel staff as every one of them are an excellent ambassador for this hotel - giving a 5 star service, with great warmth and friendliness.
We were staying all inclusive and the downside of this was that the menu was the same every day - the food was also rather inconsistent - the same dish one day could be divine and on another day completely different and not so well cooked. There was an emphasis on local dishes though which was nice. I believe the all inclusive option has not been operating for long so possibly teething problems here. All the meals are served in a delightful open air restaurant overlooking the pool and it is hard to believe that only just outside the hotel is the vibrant 'strip' area of Rodney Bay, full of bars and restaurants. the beach and shops also are only a short walk and if you want to take a local bus or a taxi then are only a few minutes away.
I would definately recommend this hotel for those who prefer small and friendly, but go for B&B if you want to sample the numerous eateries around the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coco Palm in St. Lucia, an Award-Winning Boutique Hotel with classic Caribbean French Creole décor and modern amenities offers value without compromise.From the moment you arrive you’ll be impressed by our level of personal service and warm hospitality by our Saint Lucian owned and managed Team. Equally impressive are our stylish rooms and suites, and the authentic creole and international cuisine at KoKo Cabana Caribbean Bistro with Trinidadian Chef Richardson's specialty dishes along with newly introduced All Inclusive plan. Coco Beauty Clinic, gym and complimentary Wi-Fi along with being centrally located in the heart of Rodney Bay Village, just steps from the white sand Reduit Beach, shops, bars and casino, have made Coco Palm the preferred choice for business or pleasure and creating a strong repeat guest of Coco Club family and friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Regatta Hotels, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Coco Palm Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Palm Hotel Gros Islet
- Hotel Coco Palm
- Coco Palm St Lucia
- Coco Palm Resort St. Lucia/Gros Islet