We were staying in an adjacent resort and wanted to try something different when we tried the Oriental. First we arrived around 7 pm, the restaurant was completely empty. They then told us that the place was completely booked and that maybe we would like to reserve for the next day. In awe, we said " But it is completely empty!". The chef came out and gave us a "special table".
The menu looked good but the food was awful:
- The ramen soup was cold chicken broth with linguini pasta in it and a couple slices of zucchini
- The green curry was very dry
- The tuna was a bleak and unappetizing grey
- The white wine was not chilled - the only redeeming quality was that the bottle was only $20US....
The service was less than adequate:
- The person serving the wine served it gripping the bottle with two hands as if holding on to dear life and pouring it haphazardly over our shoulders, draping his table cloth in our plates....
- The waitress did not know they served stir fry on the menu and got the order of one of our dining parties wrong… three times!
- The billing process was unnecessarily lengthy and they had mistakes on the bill…
Overall this was extremely disappointing. If you have ever had decent Asian food, this is not it!
If you own or manage The Oriental Restaurant, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.