“Excellent place to stay,Good price” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rodney Bay, Gros Islet, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Gros Islet
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Coral Springs, Florida
“Excellent place to stay,Good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

After staying at Bay Garden Inn for 5 days they would not let me check out without penalty even though the rooms was HORRIBLE WORST experience I ever had at a hotel someone told me about the BLU I went over there and ask the front desk can I take a look at the property and look at a room wow I was happy the place was clean and up to date staff was grate and breakfast was free so was wifi and last way less expensive than the Bay Garden Inn I stay there for 6 days I have no complain hats off to the cook and the staff looking forward to go back in July

Room Tip: I had a room on the ground level in front of the pool I think those room are the best
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

The staff and mgmt were very helpful and the location was right next to the beach and a few nice restaurants, so suited our week there perfectly. The breakfast was plentiful and the banana break was addictive!

The only thing that stopped it being 5 stars is that the bathroom was tired and in need of updating, but I understand the whole place is undergoing a refurb, so that's a non-issue for future guests.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the refurbed ones
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

This hotel just goes to prove that big is not necessarily better, here is a small boutique hotel with the service and quality of a 5 star classed hotel. The blu is second to none, with the family vibes that it offers, also the staff are excellent and out of this world, they all have a good attitude to their work and are prepared to go beyond and above the call of duty, all done with a big smile on their faces, i named them the smiling crew, as they were always happy and smiling, some were even singing whilst working................what more could you ask for. The hotel itself is beautiful, very clean and the fact that rooms were cleaned everyday was a bonus, as from experience this is only done at 4/5 star hotels. The rooms are close to most of the amenities needed, the beach is a stone throw and the mall is a 5 minute walk. Breakfast at the blu is excellent; a mixture of English and Caribbean was to die for...........i still dream about it.
Most importantly Miss Cindie finisterre is an exceptional hotel manager, who went out of her way to make sure we had a brilliant and comfortable stay at the hotel, your patience and helpfulness was appreciated and welcomed.
All in all, our stay in st. Lucia was made exceptionally nice due to the fact that the hotel we stayed at was exceptionally nice.................here is to the blue, hope to return again.

Room Tip: junior suite rooms are good value for money
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Blu from the 28th April - 8th May. Please note we checked out the reviews prior to booking at Blu and have read the most recent ones too so we are able to give you a very REAL review. On arrival we were greeted by a member of staff who advised us that we get a complimentary welcome drink and was offered a choice of fruit or rum punch. We were then shown to our room (314) which we were advised had the best view then realised we had to make our way up a number of flight of stairs. First impressions of our room was good though as per the other reviews the bathroom was in need of updating. Later on in the evening we noticed that we weren't the only ones staying in that room as we had been joined by a small army of insects. They must of heard how comfortable our beds were but we was not planning on sharing! This was reported to reception who did not seem to be too concerned but arranged for a member of staff to spray the room. This did seem to help so we did not move rooms however we were visited by them again later on during our stay. It was also my birthday on our arrival date however the hotel did nothing to recognise this which was very disappointing.

Moving on to the food we stayed all inclusive. Other reviews have not reccomended this option but if you feel exhausted by the sun and full of various types of cocktails it does come in handy. We definitely enjoyed the drinks and made a very good effort in trying all the drinks in the menu. We enjoyed the breakfast which did consist of eggs made to order, sausages, bakes, beans etc. We thought there was a good variety of food though more carribean options would have been nice, however when we asked the chef for bakes and saltfish they were there the next morning. Lunch involved different types of burgers and grilled sandwiches which we enjoyed but wished the menu would have changed more frequently as it was literally the same menu for the first week we were there. Dinner again what we had was good but due to the menu not changing we chose to eat elsewhere.

Not sure what all this talk was about loud music from the street party in Gros Islet...we were too busy dancing there so not sure how this affected the hotel and it was a fair distance away. Yes there is a bar near by which do Karaoke (Happy Bar?) where all the wannabe Celines and Whitneys go but there is no reason why this should keep you awake. The best food we ate was at the street party so be sure to check it out (20EC from Blu to Gros Islet you should not be charged more than this).

Now on to the staff......all kitchen staff, bar staff and waiters/waitresses, cleaners the customer service was first class! They could not do enuff! We would like to give a special mention to Big Chef, Chantelle, Samantha, Simona, Dillon, DJ (can't remember your name, sorry) and last but not least Kathy!! Keep doing what you do and thank you for taking care of us! As for the staff on reception if you need any assistance just ask the restaurant staff because you probably will get more help and a service with a lovely smile or speak to Karen who manages the excursions. Or speak to Kathy did I mention Kathy?

Would we stay here again? Yes we would. The hotel is in a good location, minutes away from the beach and a 10 min walk to Rodney Bay Mall and other restaurants and Kathy....we can't forget Kathy. What would have been nice is some form of arranged transport for people going to the jazz fest events. We was lucky enuff to have a wonderful tour rep Sasha who hooked us up but definitely sumthin for the Blu to think about. Also being all inclusive we had to sign a receipt after every lunch, dinner and drinks we had which makes you feel like there is some form of hidden charges. We would suggest introducing different colour wristbands to reflect what board people are and asking for the room number.

If you get a chance we would definitely reccomend the trip to Soufriere by Jeep and back by Catamaran (ask for Wayne and his crew, you'll be laughing from the beginning to the end), the helicopter tour and ask about the distillers where you can try the rums before you buy at a cheaper rate. Also check out the markets in Castries where you can get your fruit and souvenirs (1A Bus from Rodney Bay Mall 2EC per person one way.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms (2nd floor) have nice balconies.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

We stayed at the Blu hotel from 4th May - 10th May for Jazz. We had B&B the breakfast change every day with St Lucian breakfast as well as an omelette station, fruits, juices, yoghurt, cakes, cereal, bread there is something for everybody. If you need anything special the chef is there to help you.
The hotel has 72 rooms consist of suites and courtyard rooms.
I was in room 318 on the 3rd floor. Looking over the marine.
I had booked 14 rooms with family and friends.
The rooms are lovely with a balcony and coffee machine, the bathrooms just need upgrading that's the only thing which lets the room down. The junior suites which are on the second floor never had any balconies.
There is an iron, ironing board, fridge and a safe. The bed was to die for, it is so comfortable with 2 pillows each.

There is a bar near by which plays music late, but this was not a problem, if you really want to sleep you will.
Me and my group will be back next year for Jazz to have a lovely time once again.
Thank you to all the staff at Blu for all your help, keep up the good work especially thanks to Cindy, Chefs and the supervisor for housekeeping.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Warkworth, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

While spending 11 days in St Lucia and having a place to stay in the south part of the island, we decided to spend a night in the north part, party and not drive 'home'. A night in Rodney Beach was made much better with a stay at The Blu. I got the room on hotels.com for $120/night...upgraded to a suite for $50 when I got there. Private balcony, a super comfortable bed (unlike most of the harder beds in the Caribbean) and wicked service. When greeted at the front desk, we were treated fantastically, shown everything, upgraded, and booked a massage. All with the same man! Neil did it all! Give the man a raise for being front desk clerk (checked us in and negotaited an upgrade) , porter (carried our bags to the room..no elevator) and spa manager all in a day! GREAT massage...deep tissue is his forte. We didn't have a problem getting a lounge at the pool...service was great, breakfast was pretty good...custom made omelette was good, fresh fruit and juice (guava). My girl bought a fantastic bathing suit in the gift shop. An interesting cross section of guests....good conversation. We never ate dinner there as we were there one night. It looked quiet for that. Didn't hit the beahc across the road ( a 5 min walk at most)...so can't comment on that. We stayed on a Friday night, the loudest night party of the week. There was a thumping of music in the room until nearly 2am from the nearby Gros islet street party and a couple other nightclubs...so be prepared for that if you're a light sleeper. I slept through it. Nothing excessive drinking can't handle! I kill me. All in all...I would stay at The blu again, no problem. I'd probably spend half the visit in the south and the other half at The Blu. Ask for Neil...he's amazing. Close to everything you'd want to experience or do...great restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade....if you'd like your own private balcony overlooking the pool, ask for that.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I am just back from St Lucia and I am really happy I chose the Blu Hotel for my holiday. If you prefer to stay away from the large resort then it's the perfect hotel. I stayed in a Courtyard room (108), very handy because on the ground floor but this also means that the room is a bit dark. The bathroom was also very tired. Otherwise the room is nice and the bedding awesome. I didn't have any problem with the hot water. I didn't go All Inclusive and I don't regret because the choice of meals is a bit limited. However I had most of my meals at the hotel. First the breakfast. Very good and lots of choice: the typical english breakfast including eggs (scrambled, omelette, poached...), sausages, bacon, beans, potatoes but also french toast, cakes, cereals, bakes, pancakes, fruits, yogurts... Not sure why some reviewers mention there is not enough choice. For the other meals I've been disappointed once and I mentioned it to the waitress otherwise very tasty (fish, burger, pasta...). There is also plenty of restaurant in the same street. The swimming pool area is nice and quite. Very good to relax. I was traveling alone so I was happy to find a place where I could relax and enjoy the sun in peace. It's another story outside the hotel! The deckchairs are very comfortable and I've always found one available. The water is also very clean. Reduit beach is very beautiful and only 3 minutes walk away. But what I've enjoyed the most is the staff. They're all so nice and professional. A special mention for the girls at the restaurant/bar/breakfast, very nice and attentive with a good sense of humor and the receptionist (Kelly I think) also very nice. I tried the Spa, the venue is beautiful, the massage therapist is a male and he is very professional. He also recommended me the catamaran tour to Souffriere and I can't thank him enough for that. I had a fantastic day. In conclusion, if you want to stay away from the bustle of the large resorts and prefer a more relaxed and intimate venue, I would definitely recommend the Blu Hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Been to blu St Lucia? Share your experiences!