This being our 4th Sandals trip, we had high expectations, and lets just say that all of them fell way off from what we had in mind.
We did not get an upgrade, although it is customary for Sandals, and we were in the only wing that did not have even a partial ocean view. The service was okay, but not the friendliest that we have gotten from other Sandals properties.
The daily activities that occured were very mediocre at best. Every day they had pool vooleyball and only 4 people showed up, they did not recruit or even have visible playmakers present.
We loved the view on the beach and the pools were excellent. The food was decent, but not up to Sandals standards.
The day trips were not the best and there is not alot to see or do on the Island, so be aware that if you are very active that you may find yourself a little bored during the days, as we did.
Overall we were there 10 days and it was a pleasant trip, but not one that I would go on again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •301 room, 17 acre resort combines historic British & French flavor•Pigeon Island, home to our annual St. Lucia Jazz Festival, combines historic British & French flavor that unfolds at Sandals•Offers exotic island & international culinary temptations at seven dining options •Ocean & beach view accommodations •Caribbean Sea•A lagoon swim-up pool where guests can swim right up to their patio ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa And Beach Resort
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort St. Lucia/Gros Islet