I was a bit skeptical when deciding for a honeymoon destination after reading some reviews. Luckily, I listened to friends, did my own research and went to Sandals Grande.
The room was good, it was clean and yet towels were sometimes hard to come by. But remember, St Lucia and the beach at the Grande is simply amazing. Why the heck would one spend so much on upgrading your room (all the same) when the place is so beautiful that you hardly stay inside.
As for the restaurants, greatly under-rated...Very good food, especially when you can try the restaurants at all three sandals.
Toscanini's has great food choices and the Olde London Pub was a good place to get a late bite to eat and drink at the Grande.
La Toc Restaurant (Regency St Lucia) was by far one of the best restaurants I've eaten in a while. The lamb chops are to die for.
Kimonos Restaurant was good if you like Japanese food. Both restaurants you need to book in advance.
At Halcyon, try the The Pier Restaurant, food was great. French cuisine with an amazing view.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •301 room, 17 acre resort combines historic British & French flavor•Pigeon Island, home to our annual St. Lucia Jazz Festival, combines historic British & French flavor that unfolds at Sandals•Offers exotic island & international culinary temptations at seven dining options •Ocean & beach view accommodations •Caribbean Sea•A lagoon swim-up pool where guests can swim right up to their patio ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa And Beach Resort
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort St. Lucia/Gros Islet