I never write reviews but I feel compelled to do so since so many people choose this place for their honeymoon desitination and want a trip of a lifetime! Overall this place was nice, but here's my lowdown.
Rooms: Ours was ground floor/oceanfront and smelled like mildew. We complained twice and all they did was come in with some air freshener.
Food: As I've seen in other reviews, food is NOT gourmet wich we expected for the price you pay. These restaurants share kitchens with each other so understand that the breakfast at Toscaninis is the same as the buffet at Bayside, just served a la carte. La Toc was best, and yes, get reservations AS SOON AS YOU CHECK IN. People were impressed with Kimonos but I felt these were people who had never been to a Japanese Steak House. Pier was ok at the Halycon, seemed to have the most authentic feel of any of the restaurants.
The best meal we had was off the resort at a place called the Coal Pot.
Wine: The white they offered was ok. Reds, be careful and tay away from the Santa Ana-ALMOST undrinkable. There is another Cabernet blend they offer which is better. Other wines may be purchased.
Pools/Beach: Excellent. You could be in the mix with others at the main pool or find time by yourselves at the other 2 or the beach. The main pool was a bit crowded at times with some serious chain smokers at the swim up bar. But overall the pools and grounds were beautiful.
Spa: Had a great couples massage.
People: I felt that at 32 and 30 years of age my husband and I were a little older than many of the of the other honeymooners. People were friendly and you can choose to party or hang by yourselves.
Activities: We chose to participate in the casino night which was fun and watched the karoake. Plenty to do during the daytime if you wanted.
Overall: It is what you make it. We had fun because we were on vacation and needed a rest after the wedding and St. Lucia really is a gorgeous island with a lot to see. I think next time we will choose a place a little more secluded and schedule activites on our own (we did not do any of the tours/excursions the resort offered). If you are truly looking for a luxurious, pampering honeymoon, I would not recommend Sandals. I've heard great things about Windjammers and Ladera being more private. But if you are looking to not have the stress of researching local restaurants and activities (which we were happy to not do after planning the wedding) then this is a great choice.
Good luck and have fun!
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Hotel
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa And Beach Resort
- Sandals Grande St Lucia
- Sandals Grande St Lucian
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort St. Lucia/Gros Islet
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •301 room, 17 acre resort combines historic British & French flavor•Pigeon Island, home to our annual St. Lucia Jazz Festival, combines historic British & French flavor that unfolds at Sandals•Offers exotic island & international culinary temptations at seven dining options •Ocean & beach view accommodations •Caribbean Sea•A lagoon swim-up pool where guests can swim right up to their patio ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.