“A fanstastic Honeymoon” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Gros Islet
New Haven, Connecticut
“A fanstastic Honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Let me be up front. I have traveled all over and this review is over 9 years in coming. My wife and I were married in 2005 and have taken several trips that you will see attached to my profile.

But this one was certainly unforgettable and although I am sure there have been upgrades, new things to do, and so forth, I wanted to at least give this place an amazing thumbs up for the time we did have here.

One of the best aspects of staying at any of the Sandals Resorts in St Lucia is that you can take a bus between the three....and this exponentially increases your ability to do things that one resort may not offer, but another one does...like golf, or French Cuisine.

One great memory was horseback riding, and finding the engine from the SRB of the space shuttle sitting on one of the beaches. Another, more romantic aspect was that our room patio door opened right into a nice little lagoon type pool. And one the incredibly romantic side...for a few extra bucks, there is nothing like having your own table on the beack, white glove service, for a romantic evening for dinner and drinks and dessert...and no one else is allowed out there while you're there. That was worth every penny.

I know there are more recent and relative reviews for Sandals here, but If anyone could have a honeymoon like we did, or even a fraction of it here at the Sandals resorts, I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Get a ground floor level room that opens up right into the lagoon pool. Very private and nice for m...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,019)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My wife and I went to Sandals Grande St Lucian for our honeymoon and we wished it would have never ended. It was our fist time to an all inclusive and it was great to just kick back and relax and not have a worry in the world. The staff was really friendly and helpful with any questions or requests we had. The island was everything we had imagined and then some. We went on a Jeep rainforest/waterfall discovery tour and would highly recommend it, ask for Wayne! We also went on the tree top zip trip and would also recommend this tour as well if you like a little adventure. At Sandals Grande St Lucian, there is a national park right next to the resort and it is worth the hike to both peaks to see the ruins and the view from the top is breathtaking! Take a taxi into the local market in the capital as well. We would love to go back!!!!

Room Tip: Club level beech view suites are beautiful. If you want a quieter experience might want to reserve...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

stayed here all i can is wow staff are great and the location is amazing
well catered for with a big choice of outlets to et in from pub to italian to buffet
the local town every friday have a street party which is a good way to see the place in action and meet some cool locals drink local beer and eat local food
rodney bay is just down the road great for shopping beach and fast-food
will def be back

Room Tip: no tip required you will be blown away with any room
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I went for our honeymoon to Sandals Grande St Lucian in October and we thoroughly enjoyed it!! We had AMAZING weather! The staff was extremely courteous and entertaining (Especially Shervon, Ellone, Remy, Peter, & Gigi!) All inclusive yet has a young couple party atmosphere. They have the best of both worlds; quiet areas for older couples looking to be isolated, and the main pool for fun activities. Only negative I have about this resort is the amount of restaurants they have. The other two Sandal resorts seem to have better and more restaurants than the Grande St Lucian. But don't be fooled... couples from LeToc and Halycon were always coming over to the Grande St Lucian because they liked the overall size of the resort and the atmosphere.

I have experience with Beaches Resorts especially Turks and Caicos so I could most definitely be biased when it comes to resort restaurant expectations. Sandals Grande St Lucian should #1 have a Japanese restaurant and should add way more, not just one exclusive Italian restaurant (Toscanini's). Also, the exclusive Toscanini's would constantly be difficult to book a reservation since we had the entire resort + two additional Sandal resorts trying to book as well.... not to mention, many tables were empty but we would be turned down saying Toscaninis was all booked up. WEIRD!

Omaha, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This was our honeymoon trip and turned out to be a great choice. We loved that it was all inclusive and was an adult couples only resort, it really added to the celebration atmosphere. There were plenty of fun activities to keep us busy. The staff was the most amazing. Always happy to help and always going the extra mile to make us feel special. The ladies that come to mind are Julie as she made us her "Julie Special" crepe ( to die for and they stay open late) , the girls at the Pub: Sarah, Ivana & Hetra kept us coming back for their charm & wit and great food & drink. We stayed for 7 nights and could have easily stayed so much longer. We definitely felt spoiled. Make sure you do the Chocolate tour at the Hotel Chocolate, we made our own chocolate bar, a tree to table experience. Make sure to make a reservation ahead of time at the Italian restaurant Toscaninis for an unforgettable white glove dining experience, Kyle made our evening unforgettable as he seemed to know what we would like even before we did. The only disappointment I had was at the airport when I had to hand over my souvenir conch shell that I had purchased off the side of our snorkel boat. We only traveled with carry on bags and didn't check any so I was out of luck. I wasn't the only one this happened too. The lady right behind me had to give up hers too. Ugh!! Also, we went on the Sugar to Rum tour and they gave us each a mini bottle of rum. At the airport they tried to take those also because we didn't have them in ziplock bags. My husband bought a ziplock bag in the food area for .50 so we could bring them home. Just a few travel tips somehow would have helped, not sure where you get those, that's why I'm sharing now. The Shuttle bus to and from the airport was about 90 minutes. It seemed to me that several people had complaints about the ride, it was very winding and hilly so sit in front if your prone to motion sickness.....There are options for the transport, private taxi car or helicopter. I feel I would have missed out on some very beautiful landscape of the island by not taking the shuttle bus. One more thing, bring your sunscreen with you. It's about $24.00 (small tube) to buy it at the resort. That way you can spend money on fun things instead of something you could have packed from home.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This was the best vacation I’ve had at resort. Every aspect was good: accommodations, beach, entertainment. All bars provided good quality drinks all day long, restaurants provided great food. Daytime snacks are delicious. Definitely try Vicky’s hotdogs by the bar at the pool side area. Planning to go there again….

Room Tip: I think that rooms on the first floor in Rodney Bay building are the best - direct access to the poo...
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Our honeymoon was absolutely great!!! St. Lucia is absolutely a beautiful scenery! We were able to go out to the town, on one of the nights we were there, and the locals were very friendly. They have a block party every Friday night. Everyone including the tourists were out walking around dancing, eating, and having a great time. We recommend eating at the Flavors of the Grill. They had amazing food at a very good price. The sandals resort was great!!! They had great food and all the workers there were very accommodating and friendly! I recommend though you let them know that you are on your honeymoon so you can get some special treatment. I didn't know about this till the last night, but Sandals still was able to leave some champagne and a breakfast in bed menu for us, which was very awesome of them to do. We tried a few excursions and had a good time at all of them. We recommend you book your excursions through Island Routes, which is in the resort. We also recommend you go through a guy name, "Martin," he was great in booking our excursions, plus he's a straight shooter, who will give it to you straight on which ones, you should do. He gave us great deals on all of the ones who did. Definitely should do the JJ's tour. They will take you out to see the volcano and do the mud bath, and bathe in the waterfall. Make sure you ask for "No Problem" to be your tour guide. He's good and fun to be around. We also recommend you do the ATV tour. Our tour guide there took us to a private beach and gave us a great history lesson on St. Lucia. The scenery on the atv tour was amazing. If you all do book through Sandals, make sure you book yourselves on the grande resort. They have best scenery and beaches out of the three resorts Sandals has there. We had amazing time and hope to go back there very soon!!!!! Lastly recommend you all book a private pick up to and from the airport and we recommend you ask for a guy name Sham to pick and take you to and from airport.

Room Tip: Have a travel agent book your room.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort? Share your experiences!