Stayed at the SGL June 6-15. This was my first time at a sandals resort and it was great. A few tips from me:
1. Book a basic level room. We had the club level for our honeymoon and we are pretty self sufficient people so we never used the perks of the club level except for getting them to book our dinner reservations. Yeah it's nice to have alcohol in the room, but we were really never in the room to have drinks. There is a bar open almost 24/7 to get drinks so i didnt feel like the price of club level was worth it.
2. DO THE EXODUS ISLAND TOUR AND BOOK IT THROUGH THE VENDOR ON THE BEACH. It is less expensive from the vendors on the beach. This excursion was the highlight of our trip.
3. Go to the French restaurant (La Tac) at La Toc. That was the best dinner I have probably ever had. Get the duck. Be sure to book your restaurant reservations as soon as you get checked in.
Yes the ride to the airport sucks, but you will make it. Get the Pink Panther drink from the bar (not an advertised drink). Overall we had a great time and we have already booked a trip to another Sandals resort next year. If you have a bad time at this place then you need to reexamine your life.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •301 room, 17 acre resort combines historic British & French flavor•Pigeon Island, home to our annual St. Lucia Jazz Festival, combines historic British & French flavor that unfolds at Sandals•Offers exotic island & international culinary temptations at seven dining options •Ocean & beach view accommodations •Caribbean Sea•A lagoon swim-up pool where guests can swim right up to their patio ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa And Beach Resort
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort St. Lucia/Gros Islet