My wife and I recently returned from our Honeymoon at Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort, St Lucia and it was such a wonderful, relaxing and enjoyable stay. We booked a last minute deal as it was totally worth every cent! Upon clearing Immigration and Customs at George F Charles International Airport, there was a Sandals Agent waiting for us outside who welcomed us to St. Lucia. Within five minutes, our airport transfer had arrived. It took us approximately fifteen minutes to arrive. From the entrance looking at the lobby area, the hotel was more than what we had imagined it to be. It was so much more beautiful than the pictures. Our bags were taken out and set aside.
We booked the Caribbean Honeymoon Oceanview Penthouse Club Level Room which was a Concierge level room with Room Service. The Manager personally came and introduced himself to us and showed us to the Concierge Lounge for private check in. Everyone at the Concierge was so friendly and helpful. Any questions we had they were more than willing to assist. The Lounge also afforded us access to snacks and refreshments. We were showed to our room and it was a breathtaking feeling. There was a table laden with flowers and leaves and in the middle of it, a bottle of champagne to celebrate our honeymoon. We had a beautiful view of the grounds, pool and the beach.
We went to the Olde London Pub for a quick bite as dinner time was about an hour away. We were greeted by a friendly young lady who took us to our seat. Later, we had dinner at Barefoot by the Sea and the food was really tasty and the service was consistently good. Buffet Breakfast at Bayside was delectable. As it turned out to be, the service was consistent at Dino's as well. The next morning we had breakfast at Toscanini's and it felt as if we had walked into a sophisticated upscale restaurant. The waiters and waitresses were friendlier as ever! That night we had Dinner at Gordon's and it really is an experience like no other. The ambiance is extremely romantic and they have a white glove service.
All together, the experience was all that we could have imagined and more. Bayside was our favorite dining spot as well. We must say a special thank you too everyone at the Concierge Lounge especially Sharmain, the Concierge Manager, Trista, Lew, Saanyu and Lance. They really went the extra mile to attend to all of our requests. If you would like to do some Island Tours, be sure to ask for Laurence Fedee. This guy did such a great job carrying us to see the Pitons right from the base of the Mountain. It was such an unbelievable sight. Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort, you are my motivation to come there every year! We hope to see you soon!!!
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa And Beach Resort
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Hotel
- Sandals Grande St Lucia
- Sandals Grande St Lucian
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort St. Lucia/Gros Islet
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •301 room, 17 acre resort combines historic British & French flavor•Pigeon Island, home to our annual St. Lucia Jazz Festival, combines historic British & French flavor that unfolds at Sandals•Offers exotic island & international culinary temptations at seven dining options •Ocean & beach view accommodations •Caribbean Sea•A lagoon swim-up pool where guests can swim right up to their patio ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Amex, Travelocity and Otel so you can book your Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.