We had an excellent vacation at this resort. Our first time in St. Lucia, 6th at Sandals. (Negil, Grande Bahamian, Whitehouse (3))
We have also vacationed at some other all inclusive resorts. We return to Sandals mainly because we find the food is better and there are more facilities. I.e. we don’t need to sign up for activities like watersports 2 days in advance.
The food at this resort was excellent especially Josephine’s and Bayside. We also had dinners at LaToc, Kimonos and Kelly’s Dockside. If one stays on 1 location the restaurant selection is a little limited but with the 3 locations the selections is the largest we have ever seen at an all-inclusive resort. The 1 problem we encountered was that the shuttle schedule was not well suited to the early seating for dinner. For example, on 1 evening we went with another couple to Kelly’s Dockside. The shuttle got us there at 5:30 but the restaurant didn’t open until 6:30. A Thank You, to the staff there who seated us in a lounge area inside when it started to rain. The problem was that to catch the return shuttle we left without dessert. I know it’s difficult to co-ordinate everything when you have people moving in both directions but it might be worth reviewing the shuttle schedule. On the bright side the meal at Kelly’s was excellent and we returned to the Grande and had dessert at Josephine’s.
The Culinary desk was very helpful in making reservations for us.
The playmakers and watersports staff were great. I am not a great swimmer and tend to panic in the water. Because snorkelling is 1 of Gales favorite activities I want to learn to enjoy it as well. Chung in watersports was very patient with me and helped me to relax in the water, during a lesson and 2 snorkel trips.
We took 2 tours. Simon Says and a school visit. The staff at the tour desk were very helpful and made a special effort to see that the school tour happened the 2nd week we were there. We enjoyed the school visit and would like to know if this type of trip is available and any of the other resorts? Simon Says was great and I snorkelled which I would not have done before!
The evening entertainment was the best we have seen on a resort. Vocalists, piano players and bands were all very talented.
The only problem we had was that to get chairs in the shade we had to go out early and save chairs. We have never had this problem at a Sandals resort before. Contributing to this may be that while there are multiple pools on the resort only one has any beverage service. The swim up bar and the beach bar are both in the area of the main pool while other pools have no service. Even limited bar service at another pool might help this problem. Once this becomes a problem it compounds itself because people save chairs all day and actually use them only part of the time.
Hope to return to Sandals within a year.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Hotel
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa And Beach Resort
- Sandals Grande St Lucia
- Sandals Grande St Lucian
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort St. Lucia/Gros Islet
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •301 room, 17 acre resort combines historic British & French flavor•Pigeon Island, home to our annual St. Lucia Jazz Festival, combines historic British & French flavor that unfolds at Sandals•Offers exotic island & international culinary temptations at seven dining options •Ocean & beach view accommodations •Caribbean Sea•A lagoon swim-up pool where guests can swim right up to their patio ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.