My husband and I spent our anniversary at Sandals Grande, St. Lucia. As we travel to different adult all inclusive hotels, I thought I would give you my thoughts and experiences at this one.
First, the main reason I gave a "very good" rating to this establishment is because of three people. Prisca, Gus and Imran. They went above and beyond my expectations in customer service; especially, Prisca.
Room: Since the room for us, is merely a place to lay our heads, for us it was adequate. I found the bed to be comfortable enough to have a decent nights rest; especially after a long day on the beach.
Pool: The pool was beautiful. If you want a chair/lounger, I suggest you mark your spot early as the chairs fill up pretty quickly.
Beach: The beach is also beautiful and well maintained. Here too, I would suggest arriving early to get a chair or cabana.
Food: Left a lot to be desired with the exception of the Italian restaurant. Unfortunately, this restaurant requires a reservation. I suggest you book it days in advance of the evening you actually want to attend. The Gordon Restaurant was by far the worse meal I encountered at the resort.
Service: The wait-staff was very, very nice and accommodating. I only had a problem with one young lady at the reception desk. I found her to be extremely rude. There was a mistake on my bill where we were going to be charged for a phone call that we didn't make. When I brought it to her attention, she told me she would take care of it. When we were checking out, I realized that she didn't take care of it; however, thanks to Lance, the charge was removed. When I spoke to her about it, she had an "oh well" attitude. I wish I'd gotten her name, because she would be on blast here!
Tours: We only did the Simon Says Tour which was well worth it. Word of caution: I would suggest that if you're interested in purchasing the special soap, that you purchase it at one of the vendors outside of the waterfall.
Drinks/Alcohol: I didn't find the drinks to be appealing. I drink top shelf liquor and that wasn't an option. I also didn't care for the wines or beer.
Travel time: It took almost two hours to get to the property from the airport. Essentially, we lost the entire first day. If a helicopter is in your budget, you may want to explore that option.
Now, would we go back? Maybe. Would we try another Sandals property? Definitely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •301 room, 17 acre resort combines historic British & French flavor•Pigeon Island, home to our annual St. Lucia Jazz Festival, combines historic British & French flavor that unfolds at Sandals•Offers exotic island & international culinary temptations at seven dining options •Ocean & beach view accommodations •Caribbean Sea•A lagoon swim-up pool where guests can swim right up to their patio ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Despegar.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa And Beach Resort
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort St. Lucia/Gros Islet