I am late in writing this review as my husband and I stayed at Sandals Grande St. Lucian Resort for 7 days in April of 2012. We loved our time spent on this beautiful island! We both have talked about returning in a few years. Please take the negative reviews with a grain of salt. While this is an older resort they keep the grounds very clean. The landscaping is amazing and the beach is raked almost daily. On a side note the ride to the resort from the airport is rough and takes over an hour but it is unavoidable unless you take the helicopter transfer which is expensive.
Rooms: We stayed in a honeymoon grand luxe room (the cheapest room category) as we like to enjoy the amenities of the resort instead of spending a lot of time in the room. The room was very nice. There were a few chipped tiles in the shower but that did not bother us at all. Our iron was not working but a simple call to the front desk and they brought us a new one within 15 minutes. We always kept valuables in the safe and never had any issues with housekeeping. Even though the resorts says not to tip we left our housekeeper one at the end of our stay because she did a great job!
Food and Drinks: Please ask your bartender to make you a bbc, it is an amazing drink! The local beer is Piton we both really enjoyed it. If you like spiced rum do yourself a favor and bring a few bottles of Kweyol back home with you. We ate breakfast at Bayside almost every morning. I would recommend the omelet station there. They had a good selection of breakfast foods available. We found the pizza place was great for lunch or a snack. Barefoot by the sea was nice and relaxing for dinner and we both enjoyed our meals there. Toscaninis the Italian restaurant has great food and atmosphere. You will need reservations but we never had trouble getting in and ate here twice. Go to the reservations desk when you arrive to make sure you are able to eat here at least once. Dinner will take longer here but you are on vacation and it is worth it. At the many bar locations they are more than accommodating to make your drinks doubles or upgrade the liquor all you have to do is ask. I cannot say enough about how great the employees are here. They are very friendly and accommodating.
Other things to do: The non motorized water sports are included in your stay. We took the hobie cats out and had a great time. We did book a sunset catamaran cruise through the tour company in the lobby. We enjoyed this bring your camera we got many great photos! I also would recommend taking a hike on Pigeon Island right outside the resort. It cost $5 per person to the park service but the views are amazing. One thing we wish we did was take the Simon Says tour we heard from many people who went on it that is was great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •301 room, 17 acre resort combines historic British & French flavor•Pigeon Island, home to our annual St. Lucia Jazz Festival, combines historic British & French flavor that unfolds at Sandals•Offers exotic island & international culinary temptations at seven dining options •Ocean & beach view accommodations •Caribbean Sea•A lagoon swim-up pool where guests can swim right up to their patio ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, BookIt.com, Despegar.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa And Beach Resort
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort St. Lucia/Gros Islet