First, I will start off by saying the only bad thing about this resort because there is only one that Sandals can be held accountable for... it's over priced. I understand that being a small island away from a large main land can make things costly to ship in and out, but for the price we paid I couldnt help but question where all the dollars were going.
I enjoyed my time at St. Lucian Grande on my honeymoon and so did my husband. We were big fans of the games by the main pool and found that Neville and Julius made it extra fun.
Everyone we spoke to from Tyla and Kyle in the London Pub or Shirley and the staff at Bayside, any of the hard working interns like Razvan or Cici or even Hiram during the Sandles snorkle we're very sweet and absolutley wonderful to speak with.
The drinks we're delicious, the food was delicious and the scenery at The Grande will take your breath away. I must stress that if youre visiting you should get off the resort and visit the street party - do yourself this favour!! Trust me. Get off the resort for a day and go into town, shop, talk to people, check everything out!
The watersports were fun, and I really enjoyed the Parasailing trip we took with Dennis on the white speed boat. I know he doesnt work for Sandles but I have to say that he is a very sweet and hard working guy and the time we spent Parasailing off his boat was unforgettable. My husband and I also did the Piton tour with snorkeling and visited the waterfall and had lunch at a ladies house who seems to be everyones Aunt hehe.. it was awesome :) Her food was great!
I can't wait to visit St. Lucia again, but not at a resort. Yes, the Grande was very nice, but next time I want to live an easier down to earth way where I can take in the beauty of the people and rich culture and less of the resort type living that you can get anywhere else.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Hotel
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa And Beach Resort
- Sandals Grande St Lucia
- Sandals Grande St Lucian
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort St. Lucia/Gros Islet
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •301 room, 17 acre resort combines historic British & French flavor•Pigeon Island, home to our annual St. Lucia Jazz Festival, combines historic British & French flavor that unfolds at Sandals•Offers exotic island & international culinary temptations at seven dining options •Ocean & beach view accommodations •Caribbean Sea•A lagoon swim-up pool where guests can swim right up to their patio ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Olotels, BookIt.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Priceline, Venere, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.