As this was a celebration of my husband's retirement, our Anniversary and our combined birthdays, my husband had planned our surprise 2-week vacation to Sandals many months ago! By the time we arrived at the Resort (late September), the rainy season had pretty well passed! He had already pre-paid for the Lagoon Swim-Up Room and so you can imagine our surprise when we were told by the Resort staff that "they had overbooked and this room was unavailable"! We were pretty upset, as, we had been looking forward to this for several weeks. We were told that we would be allowed into this room for the last five days of our holiday!!! After this happened, everything seemed to just go downhill for us. Our room was not made up the next day until nearly 5 pm, our water/juice supply was practically gone, Internet was non-existent (even though we had paid for 24 hours), there was no pen or stationary in our room, we were not allowed Consierge (even though we thought that this was part of our pre-paid package), one of the sinks kept backing up and the plug in the tub was missing. After complaining to four different Managers the next evening, everything changed around for us. We were given Consierge and were told to order Room Service any time. We were given two free dinners at Gordon's Restaurant (and won a dinner too!), we were given a full day in one of the Cabanas. Fresh fruit, champagne & flowers were brought to our room every few days. The highlight of our trip was a (paid) tour of the scenic coastal area with a private driver, named Didymus. He was FANTASTIC, he showed us everything, stopped at specific points of interests, took us to one of his favourite restaurants, let us shop in Castries, provided beer & water for us in his cooler and kept us laughing & smiling the whole journey!
Finally, the last five days, we had to pack everything up and move into the Lagoon Swim-Up Room, which was ready for us around 2:30 pm. It was absolutely beautiful! Over all, we had a beautiful vacation - food was amazing, all restaurants were awesome, the beach was outstanding and we were happy to have our dream vacation! We were finally treated like valued guests and royalty!
One thing to be aware of: the locals are allowed on the beach each day. They scan the new arrivals and hound them to take tours with them. Do not book anything with them, as they demand a deposit before the trip and then they disappear! Only book through the Staff at the Resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •301 room, 17 acre resort combines historic British & French flavor•Pigeon Island, home to our annual St. Lucia Jazz Festival, combines historic British & French flavor that unfolds at Sandals•Offers exotic island & international culinary temptations at seven dining options •Ocean & beach view accommodations •Caribbean Sea•A lagoon swim-up pool where guests can swim right up to their patio ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Expedia, Amex, BookIt.com, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa And Beach Resort
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort St. Lucia/Gros Islet