We just returned from our Honeymoon and this place was exactly what we hoped for and some more. We checked in to our butler room, spent our first night and the next morning got a call asking if we wanted to upgrade rooms...I'm sure someone wanted to pay more and upgrade to ours, or they were overbooked, but nonetheless we got moved to the William Jefferson Clinton Presidential Suite. Phenomenal! Couldn't have been better for our honeymoon.
This resort definitely caters to the younger crowd with the events/clubs at night, etc. but we saw all ages. The food was great at all restaurants, with several choices to choose from. The pub is a cool place for good snacks late night with some drinks. Gordon's restaurant, out on a pier, is complimentary for those staying in a butler suite, or for a cost for others, and I highly recommend trying it regardless. The pool is nice, swimup bar is great, and beach is clean. Drinks could have been stronger but that's always the case at all-inclusive in my experience. Just ask the bartender after they make your drink to give an extra splash and they will.
We also traveled over to La Toc to eat at the Komono hibachi restaurant whish was very good, my only complaint is the time to get from Grande to La Toc can take awhile with traffic on the island. The ride from the airport to the Grande was over an hour and I highly recommend a private car. Several couples we met said they had a helicopter take them from the airport which would have been very cool seeing the island, but I'm sure its $$.
Strongly consider a butler suite, aas they are above and beyond with everything. Ours called a couple times asking if he could get us anything as apparently we weren't using him as much as he's used to. We also had all the drinks and liquors we requested beforehand stocked in our room.
Only negative I remember was that my wife and I sleep with our room cold, and we never could get our AC unit with fans to cool it down quite as much as we like, but we still slept ok.
My last positive was on our departure day my wife left one of her rings (not wedding thank goodness) in the room and didnt realize until we were halfway to the airport. Our driver called the Grande, got our butler on the line, he searched the room, found it and had it sent with another driver to the airport to us.
There may be more secluded, quiet, romantic resorts on the island (Jade Mountain, Anse Chastanet) but you will pay for it, and it wont be all inclusive either. You wont be dissapointed with the Grande.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •301 room, 17 acre resort combines historic British & French flavor•Pigeon Island, home to our annual St. Lucia Jazz Festival, combines historic British & French flavor that unfolds at Sandals•Offers exotic island & international culinary temptations at seven dining options •Ocean & beach view accommodations •Caribbean Sea•A lagoon swim-up pool where guests can swim right up to their patio ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Despegar.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa And Beach Resort
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort St. Lucia/Gros Islet